The OoC Presents: Newbie Appreciation Day! Date changed!

... If you seem to hate this so much, will you please get off the topic?

We just don't give stuff to random people.We give it to people who NEED it, not that beg for it. We also hand out advices, so that they won't go into begging.

Going for 99 fm.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is all very hypothetical, pondera. While you may have people who will invariably beg for items, these people will already have this mentality from the very start. NAD or no NAD, there will always be people who think this way. I do understand the point you are making, but I do not believe that our actions will end up catalyzing a reaction that injects hundreds of item-hungry beggars into RS.

What we hope to do is to help people who, like you, had trouble at the start of the game because of lack of supplies. It is often very hard at this stage because while people know from Tutorial Island how to mine, how to smith, they often do not know what to do and do not have the resources to do it.

And it is here that we believe we can help. Not by feeding the beggar machine that will always be there, but by helping the poor newbie who may not have the ability to start on acheiving his dream, not only with items to help him, but also with advice, as far as our personal time permits, to help him pursue this goal.

Hopefully, through this, we should be able to make the first impressions of this game to a few players a much more friendly, happy one.

And that goes out to all of you here, too. If you have the time, and the energy, don't just donate, but come down to the event too, help a newb or two out with advice and direction, generally just make the world a better place for these people.

=Proud member of the Order of Cabbage=

Guest Eagledude81

Wearing the OoC uniform is ideal as well. It is a completely f2p uniform.

uni2rn.png

How do you wear a cabbage...? :|

I'll try to go, but I'll be giving out more adive than items.

Like they say, "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll eat forever."

7,436th to 99 fishing on July 13, 2008

[hide=Quotes that I lol'd at]

the day the fantastic four come into runescape, i will eat my socks.

what kind of topic is this. ihaven't read it yet

but i now it must be stupid.

[/hide]

Sorry if this sounds stupid...

Is it possible to join the OoC?

Cause i wanna join... :pray:

http://z4.invisionfree.com/The_Order_of ... owforum=55

Read and learn.

Just a note, the names I have listed for people to donate to, those are only the accounts they will usually be contacted on, the actual donations will be taken on alternate accounts, and passed on to mine and Moron's alternate accounts for the event. For the names of said accounts just ask the people on the list.

Live, love, eat!

I'll try to go, but I'll be giving out more adive than items.

Like they say, "If you give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. If you teach a man to fish, he'll eat forever."

Of course you may, that's more than welcome :)

I just thought of an interesting thing to note, if the man has no fishing rod, he may be able to catch no fish, and he will never eat :P

=Proud member of the Order of Cabbage=

Wow, looks indeed like fun. I'm going to be mining lots of copper and tin, and making lots of full sets.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

I would love to come.

when is it (i didnt quite read the whole guide :o

>_>

Date: June 16+17.

World: 7 and 117, but meet in World 7 first.

Where: Draynor Cabbage Patch

Who: Everybody!

Time: 6:00 pm GMT

:P

OoC Overseer

137jq9.gif Eet mor kabbig! 137jq9.gif

Why don't we just get volunteers to be a guide for a newb for a day.

show them how to skill up

show them how to make money (selling etc)

explain how you can go on to make big money.

I often find someone asking for assistance and i take the time to help them and it is a very rewarding experience, however if they start begging then they go in my ignore list.

and yes the begging normally starts when i tell them I have over 5 mill.

vimes220.png0fl02.gif 234v5.gif

People to donate to

Arthistis

Moron8275

Allie_Sol

Mistymaple

Sunmann99

Ax_Avatar

Peter_Selie

Tmottbg

Dragonah

B1ood_Ange1

Just add and pm one of them if you see them online.

4mu2n3o.jpg

taking a break

That's a great occasion of leveling my runecrafting (14)! !m gona start right now and interrupt my eye of newt buying.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Im gonna have over 10k air runes. maybe even 15k. All for ya! Thanks go to sk8erman for providing me sme ess, and helping me runecraft.

i would like to help the newbies with quests... can be some sort of tour guide, and help them out alot.. ;)... so... if u want, im 101 combat, that will learn them fast enough :thumbsup:

afroman103ow6.jpg

Natural Chemist: To addicting

http://www.naturalchemist.com/?ref=robkuh1990

so.. do we have to give cabbage or can we give like basic items n stuff?

No, I think we would only confuse the newbies by giving them cabbage. :P

The first post says what things we need.

OoC Overseer

137jq9.gif Eet mor kabbig! 137jq9.gif

they'll appreciate stuff like, their firts 100k, 200k, 300k, 400k... I got help from someone when i was a newb. before, my rs life sucked. I made my first 100k and thanked him. Then I Help, second generation. Then when I helped them, they helped someone.