30 April 2007 - 24 Carat Update

Wachtwoord

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really only the Dragonstone Necklace and Bracelet are worthwhile. The Diamond Abyssal Jewellery isn't bad but at 5 charges, is probably not going to be used. The Sapphire one for clay isn't bad, make a few for Construction items so it's not too bad.

Update is alright, the new Dragonstone items look promising!

THere are ways you can use the diamond ones to the crafters advantage... like if there are pkers on a world..use it...if not, dont

Honestly, this update doesn't look very promising to me. The teleporting jewelry is only useful if you aren't on normals. All the onyx things are trash. To be honest, the most useful thing to me would be the sapphire bracelet for making teletabs.

Its a so so update for me.

Alot of junk here for pures, but we'll still be seeing those "Jagex hates pures" threads... :roll:

CW bracelets seem to be the winner for me.

Should be the first easy to make and sell jewlry.

Btw, the best update was hidden in small words at the bottom.

The goldsmith gloves now work with the blast furnance.

200 gp gold training plz. \'

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

alot of these are trash

i don't see myself using these

maybe if the berserker gave 50%+

i mean comeon, less str bonus than fury, loss of other defense and attack stats, and have to wield a weak weapon

would have been ALOT better if it said we only had to wield an obby item like shield

regen bracelet, who really needs it?

just like the trashy ring of stone

but LOL and all the onyx merchants

i've seen alot of them buy gems for 5M+ since the behind the scenes

the abyss one alot of people are overlooking the fact you only have 5 charges

it should have been the onyx bracelet to give unlimited charges to enter abyss w/o skulling, i'd pay the 5M for that

i do like the castle wars one though

Kaizoku

rcpkri8.png

:lol: He's for real.

Seriously, check the rants section on the official forums now, you'll be falling off your seats.

^^ LOL irl, the posters did a good job there haha

He is a pixel pirate, he doesnt need to rc pk :P

He was just messing around for all of you who thought he was for real.

thats just made my day

edit:theirs a post on the topic which literally beats this.theyres about 120 runecraft pkers thgreatening to stop pking runecrafters if they dont change bracelet enchantments :XD: :lol:

tifsdac6mc.gif

wait if the rate of Hp recovery is doubled then maybe with rapid heal we could double the doubled recovery? if so, then we would get more then 4 times the healing!!! if not more! and the prayer rapid heal is actually a low one it requires very little prayer power. can someone try this out?

I bought a regen for 3.1mill muahahahaha ^^

Anyways let's put this clear :P

Normal HP regeneration rate - 1 hp / min

Rapid heal prayer regeneration rate - 1 hp / 30 seconds

Regeneration bracelet regen. rate (without rapid heal) 2 hp / min

Regen. brace + rapid heal prayer - 2 hp / 30 seconds.

So you can now heal 2 hp every 30 seconds, coming down to 4 hp per minute, really useful for agility and killing many monsters like bandits without wanting to bank. I'm glad I got mine while it's still cheap :)

woot i made 3m off this update =) bought 100 d stones yesterday sold them all for 80kea this morning

but the uses are actually quite nice. the diamond braclet woot woot! no more glory loses

bpkwolfen.png

99 Fletching 99 Cooking 99 Thieving 99 herbloree 99 magic 99 crafting 99 smithing 99 attack 99 strength 99 defence 99 hitpoints

99woodcutting 99mining 99 fishing 99 firemaking 99 hunter 99 prayer

Really only the Dragonstone Necklace and Bracelet are worthwhile. The Diamond Abyssal Jewellery isn't bad but at 5 charges, is probably not going to be used. The Sapphire one for clay isn't bad, make a few for Construction items so it's not too bad.

THere are ways you can use the diamond ones to the crafters advantage... like if there are pkers on a world..use it...if not, dont

BUt it doesn't get rid of your skull so you either decide to wear it for all your nats or you may aswell not bother. There may not be pkers there when you start to rc but some could log in.

lanthuscg3.png

okay so i was charging my d rings and necklaces when i realized

the use and rub options are in different spots =/

the ring is different than both ammys and necklaces

wootowot.jpg

bpkwolfen.png

99 Fletching 99 Cooking 99 Thieving 99 herbloree 99 magic 99 crafting 99 smithing 99 attack 99 strength 99 defence 99 hitpoints

99woodcutting 99mining 99 fishing 99 firemaking 99 hunter 99 prayer

Who wants to bet that Jagex will eventually announce:

"In other news..."

"We have now fixed the Castle Wars bug where players could put the Castle Wars Bracelet on at the beginning of the game, take it off and still have the effects it gives."

Hmm...

Love the dragonstone items, have 5 of each :)

Buuuuut:

Sapphire bracelet: Useless (Unless money to burn) - Just go crafting guild and soften the clay with a jug + water at sink.

Emerald bracelet: Nice, but could become slightly costly.

Diamond necklace: Love it, it's another good item.

Diamond bracelet: Burns money, and in all my trips, with being Pked only twice, I'd have saved money in the long run...

Dragonstone: Luuuurvely, great teleport options!

Now:

Onyx bracelet: Tbh, I don't know many who would swap this hp regenerator over fury ( Agility trainers, I guess ), but at 4.5m? ... Sheesh.

Onyx necklace: At last, a use! But, I find only obby maul pkers + pures will find a use for it. I definitely will KEEP my fury over them.

See? Not so great, but I'm very happy overall.

I was hoping when it said slayer jewellery, it would meant 'Protect from Dust' ring, etc... Still nice :D

qp2xg4.jpg

My Ranging Guild Mini - Game Guide!

My Warrior's Guild - Melee and Mage XP (What?!) Guide!

Quest Cape Recieved On 2/2/07

Barrows Drops: Torags Helm, Guthans skirt x2, Karils skirt, Torags plate, Ahrims staff, Guthans helm

Btw, the best update was hidden in small words at the bottom.

The goldsmith gloves now work with the blast furnance.

200 gp gold training plz. \'

How does that help? You cant make two gold bars per ore.

Dwarf next to the thing sells gold ores 200ish.

And it never goes to the 500-600 ea that players sell.

Just buy, smelt, and hammer bowls for cheap smithing.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

Who wants to bet that Jagex will eventually announce:

"In other news..."

"We have now fixed the Castle Wars bug where players could put the Castle Wars Bracelet on at the beginning of the game, take it off and still have the effects it gives."

Uhhh, no thanks. I guess you'll win that bet. :P

ltjemightyro9.png

Retired.

It could have been a good update, if the bracelets were not in the glove spot.

Damn straight. Stupid british and their bad updates to their wierd pixel video game that involves hundreds of thousands of whiney nerds who are as pale skinned as the british. Funny Coincidence, huh? :wink:

I'm sure that comment borders on racism, I myself was quite offended by that.

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

It could have been a good update, if the bracelets were not in the glove spot.

Damn straight. Stupid british and their bad updates to their wierd pixel video game that involves hundreds of thousands of whiney nerds who are as pale skinned as the british. Funny Coincidence, huh? :wink:

I'm sure that comment borders on racism, I myself was quite offended by that.

Ergh, Yeah. There's no need to say that, go offend some other race? :?

qp2xg4.jpg

My Ranging Guild Mini - Game Guide!

My Warrior's Guild - Melee and Mage XP (What?!) Guide!

Quest Cape Recieved On 2/2/07

Barrows Drops: Torags Helm, Guthans skirt x2, Karils skirt, Torags plate, Ahrims staff, Guthans helm

BUt it doesn't get rid of your skull so you either decide to wear it for all your nats or you may aswell not bother. There may not be pkers there when you start to rc but some could log in.

It'll still help runecrafters I think.

Considering it's not harder to get (basically) any good loot of somebody using the bracelet some abyss pker's will finally just give up and hopefully less people will end up abyss pk'ing and this will help those that don't use the bracelets.

We can only hope this happens.

wait if the rate of Hp recovery is doubled then maybe with rapid heal we could double the doubled recovery? if so, then we would get more then 4 times the healing!!! if not more! and the prayer rapid heal is actually a low one it requires very little prayer power. can someone try this out?

So you can now heal 2 hp every 30 seconds, coming down to 4 hp per minute, really useful for agility and killing many monsters like bandits without wanting to bank. I'm glad I got mine while it's still cheap :)

LOL?

Nice, u wasted 3.1m.

2 hp per minute is pointless. It's bairly worth 100k.

Gratz.

best KQ drop: D2H

whip pks: 2

full dharoks pks:1

Highest stake win: 10mil

Godsmack- August 22nd

Well, i'm off....need 2 crafting lvls :P

Then diamond necklases, then maybe make me some de-skullers :D

No more abyss pking, woot!

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Honestly, I am disappointed with everything but the d-stone updates.

I love the new necklace and bracelet uses, I am going to make myself like 5 of each for now.

The sapphire bracelet is cool, but honestly, 28 uses isn't much better than taking the time to add water yourself.

The rest fail. I will continue to make emerald rings, ruby rings, and diamond amulets with my gems.

aerynae.png

aerynae.png

aerynae.png

:: Saradomin Girl :: 278/324 Quest Points :: Tip.It Blog ::

LOL?

Nice, u wasted 3.1m.

2 hp per minute is pointless. It's bairly worth 100k.

Gratz.

If he's happy with it, then it's a good purchase for him.

Some people would rather have a dragon chain than torags plate and all the repairs you could afford, some people just value different things more than others.

Anyway, on topic it's quite a nice update to me, I wasn't planning on making a proft and as such I can make some of my friends happy because I stockpiled some gems, I plan to give them some free jewellry and hopefully the update should cheer us all up, great update for the most part IMO.