What's the story behind your RS name?

stratotanker

Well I saw kids playing runescape at my local library so I decided to check it out. All the names I wanted were taken and i didn't really think i would like runescape so I just picked a random word that came to my head at the moment and got "Vigor_1". Sounds pretty stupid huh?

Sorry but I forgot how to change my signature. Can someone tell me?

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL i saw some kids playing this L_A_M_E game at the library as well so i created an account Jax5 "RIP" which i got bored on not understanding the game(RSC) times Ah the memorys :). i got to about lvl 20 after playing for a couple weeks (remember how hard it was to kill the thieves in varrock anyone)? and got bored and thus gave my account away. after time had passed i started playing again and sicne both jax and jax 5 were taken i choose jaxter. also taken and so added 98 in remembrance of my great uncles passing. i now wish i could change my name as i have other accounts with very cool name aka sir vevin and jokerjedi:)

finishedsig0rs.png

In science class we were doing an experiment with gum so we needed to get slips to out parents to sign. to remember to give the paper to my mom, I wrote "gum" on my arm. Then all my friends started askign me why I wrote this and someone came up with an idea of a {{gumgang}} shortly after this,I started playing runescape and I couldn't seem to come up with a name so I chose gumgang.Oh and also on xbox live my gamertag is gumgang. XD :roll:

Free Image Hosting at <!-- w --><a href='http://www.ImageShack.us'>http://www.ImageShack.us</a><!-- w -->

My character's name, Asterisk_P, is actually a combination on two names. The first part came from an inside joke with my friends. We used to play an Xbox game and my one friend created a character simply named * (we used to say "don't diss the dot"). The second part comes from a name I used to use on another website, Pprby3. I just used the first letter from Pprby3 for the second part of my name though.

I wish I knew what to put in my sig...

well mine is pretty apparent....the Ssj meaning super saijian in the Japanese versions of DBZ, goku is pretty self explanatory...cause he owns EVERYONE. And the 54, well it was urlacher's rookie season for the bears when i first started playing and im a big bears fan sooo..put it all together and you get....Ssjgoku54!!!

vincent.jpg

Ssjgoku54.gif

Mine is Killy Da Kid (which i wanted to be Killy the Kid, but we can't go past 12 letters now can we?). I invented mine in a 2-month phase where I liked old gunslingers (dear God, what was I on?). That was my first account ever (est. 2005), and my main. I have no intention of making a secundary account for training. \' Shi Shi Sha!!!! \'

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

The story behind my username is pretty simple. The reason why i chose therite is because when i first started runescape, i looked in the highscores and that was back when thehate was #1. i wanted a username like that, cause he was #1 so i ended up with therite. i joined in jan 07 btw

therite.gif

therite.gif

Well, lets seee...my name comes from:

beer: my last name has the word beer in it, so i chose it.

and man because well, im a guy! I just chose some random numbers to go with it too, the original beerman was takin. :(

Siggy.jpg

Well, Pidgeonchunk is my second account, and while making it, i was on the phone with my cousin. Randomly, i decided i wanted "pigeon" in the title, but i thought it was spelled "pidgeon". :wall: So then, i needed 5 more letters for a full name.

I asked my cousin, whats a 5 letter word? He said chunk, and the rest is history.... :XD:

Btw, feel free to add it, you all know you want it on your f lists. :D

blackmghost,Pidgeonchunk.gif

Ok, so, I was getting tired of thinking of a name and got tired... woke up with a bunch of junk and aser at the beginning, took of the junk and wala

and up came Aser which im really proud of beacuse not only is it the shortest name in RS(as far as I know) but it is censered

My RSN is chump6138

i made this account in 5th grade and you know the immiture names we used to call eachother in 5th grade so i just picked this and it stuck for 6 yrs. as for the 6138 is was the last 4 digets in a girls phone number i liked at the time.

my account, sub-zer03000 is self explanatory, but ill say something anyways. sub-zero is my favorite guy in my favorite game, Mortal Kombat.seeing as it was taken i thought of putting a zero instead of an o. well, that was taken too, so i put 3000 at the end. it fits well i guess.

Another Bush quote:"A political candidate who jumps to conclusions without knowing the facts is not a person you want as your Commander-in-Chief." Thats our President. More at http://WWW.Dubyaspeak.com

When I first started online gaming my bro and his friend had these online names:

a mouse

a rabbit

So I used: a rat

and my other bro decided to use: a squirrel

My nephew: a beaver

Some other online dudes, that we met, chose:

a cat

a dog

After a while me and my brothers became part of a clan, we even got a "squadron" name: Animal assault

I became quite good in some games and as a kind of a covert ops name I started using:

The master of the sewers

So now how to come to my rsn:

The master = chief (in french this is chef)

I am actually dutch but knew that if I take chef that most english speaker would think about cook so I took sjef which sounds like chef, and as a matter of fact means chief in Norwegian.

So there it is: Sjef de rat = Chief the rat = (Master of the sewers)

I also have noobish noob account:

Sjefdemuis

Sjef de muis = Chief the mouse

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming

I get this question alot in-game. "What does your name mean?" :wall: So... now's my chance to explain. <.<

The "Zelos" part: I'm a HUGE fan of Tales of Symphonia, and Zelos is my favorite character. <3:

As for the "1826": I had a username on another website that was given a random number at the end (which was 1826), and I liked it, so I kept it. ::'

Zelos_1826.gif

zelos_1826.png

It was created in memory of the previous game "Starcraft" (an awesome game really) about a protoss unit and the name comes from one of his responses when you control him.

Hehe Glad to see someone remembers the Classics. That was an awesome game! "Goliath Online!" <-- love that unit.

Anywaz, my RS name: "Archangel913" actually came from my brother. He's the one that thought of it, not sure from where though. Heh sounded cool. He wasnt too happy when he found out I took it ::'

Wanted just Archangel but for some reason jagex didnt allow it <.<

Archangel913

*Heh just remembered my old nickname: Mister Sinister! :D Xmen FTW! :thumbsup:

ArchangelSignature.jpg

So I started playing initially because my son wanted to play online with his friends. Since he had never been allowed into MMO games before, I told him he could only play initially if I was online while he was, so we could talk through questionable things that showed up. Since I have been a gamer since I was a kid, I wanted a unique name in case I managed to do anything notable in the game. I also wanted a name that wouldn't embarass him as I was shadowing him at first. (None of that KidDad222 stuff :) )

When I finally sat down to log on for the first time, "Born To Be Wild" by Steppenwolf was playing on the radio. The first line is "Get your motor runnin'... head out on the highway". I noticed that I could be obnoxious and make a "running"/"runing" pun. I combined that with an abbreviation used in my business ("m.o.t.a."), and the name just wrote itself: 'Motarrunin'

Yes, I stopped shadowing my son in-game a long time ago. He's become very good at making smart online decisions for himself, and I like spending the time leveling up (going for 1900 by the end of the year... 1754 right now :) ) We now have a great arrangement....I make it and he'll merch it.

(PS for you parents out there: If you take the time and effort, Runescape can be a great opportunity to teach your kid lots of academic and life skills... get creative and have some fun with them! If you already are...congratulations - creativity is a wonderful lesson to teach your kids!)

Well, my nickname ment to be Sedrik I but i registered as SedrikI and it changed it automaticly to Sedriki wel, i dont know why i choosen this name, i dont realy care about name as long it is easy to remember :roll:

well my born name is theodore, hence the theo part, I'm really into middle ages, hence the knight part, I'd already made a theoknight and theoknight1, just forgot the passwords, therefore, theoknight2 was born!

Before Runescape, I always called myself Matty, but that annoyingly that name was taken, so I tryed Mattie. This was also taken so I tryed putting 9's on the end. I first used Mattie999, but then I got stuck on tutorial island (this was in the days of Classic, and when I was a real newb), so I started again with Mattie9999. I somehow managed to get through Tutorial Island with that character, and so the name stuck.

Soo.. The story behind my name eh?... Guys, hold onto your seats, this one is a real screamer! :twisted:

Ok well, my friend told me to play RuneScape one day, so im like "Alright", so i went to the site, when i started a new character, i couldnt for the life of me think of a name. I ask her for some ideas, and she said, Candy Man13.

I thought it was a cool name, Candy Man for a start, then 13 which was my age at the time.

But it turns out, she had Candy Man already planned out for me, as her friends had names with food in them, such as Crispy Chip9, Carrot Stick and others, which i cant remember now because it was ages ago...

Well there ya go, thats pretty much my life story... Enjoy \'

sephiroth.jpg

candy%20man13.gif

candy%20man13.gif

Dragon Drops: D Chain, D Spear, D2H, D Legs x2

Ok so my name really is pointless, I made it that way on purpose. I had heard about runescape around school and decided to try it out. I didn't think I would like it however I wasn't a big RPG person at the time. So I went for something that seemed to fit the game leif, Of course that was taken in 2005. So then I changed it to leaf because I was too lazy to think up something else for a game I would probably quite after playing once or twice. Also taken. Add one of my fav numbers on the front and you have my name.

I played it and got hooked and am stuck with the name now. I don't really care, it isn't cool, but it works and everyone know me by it. Also fairly unquie not to many leafs walking around, of course there was that one time I saw 25 leafs, but that was just scary... :ohnoes:

mine is pretty basic, but i'm sick of people calling me a scammer or having a "bot name" (something to do with it being alphanumeric) - the other thing i get called is "death skater"

my rsn is d35h1_5k4t3r - it's also my email address.

basically a few years ago when istarted playing i used to skate at every opportunity and my skates were deshi dk3's, so i was a "deshi skater" - plus all of the people i skate with hate my skates and they all said they were rubbish so i'm the only person i know with some so i thought it'd be kinda cool.

i did want the name dan2012 as thats my username for absolutely EVERYTHING, but it was already taken. i did eventually get dan_2012 after jagex had a spate of cleaning up old accounts that weren't used, but by the time i'd got 1600+ overall and didnt see the point of starting again (i left him on 46 fm i think as a wc/fm pure)

so there you go - if you see me in game, call me Dan not death skater! :XD:

RSN: d35h1_5k4t3r

dalai_farmer.png

well.... i have 2 stories..

my mains name (gringo13) comes from a nickname i got at a camp here in brazil (since im american).. YES I KNOW WHAT IT MEANS.. im sooo tired of people asking if i know what gringo means. and 13 cuz i stared playing like 3 months b4 i turned 13.. I HAD JUST MISSED H'WEEN MASKS!!!!>.<

and my newb/mage pure's name (3l3m3nt pkr). i wanted it to involve element or elemental some how, but 3l3m3ntal pkr was too long, i didnt want numbers, and i didnt want to leave out a space to put an "e" in pkr

so it stuck... 3l3m3nt pkr :P

yup thats it :thumbsup: :lol: :XD:

gringo13.png

gringo13:PENGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

penguin00789:gringy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!