Statistics and comparisons on NEW Obsidian training

Myweponsg00d

slayer mask and berserker necklace bonus does stack it seems, im hitting 37s @ lvl 111 str and a few 38s and all the other lower 30s fairly common, honestly 30+ is more common then 20-29

6h7ulb8.jpg

4ptw613.jpg

heres some info i tested

16,933,680 started at 7:25 am 115 trolls @ trollhelium

16,975,264 done at 8:00 am

41,400 attack exp. 10.3k slayer exp in 35mins

thats with berserker and obby sword and str gear black mask and potions

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm compare it with whip and fury now

if they release more obsidian weapons which is NOT far from reality, then we could end up with something better than a whip even.

but whip and scim with fury is still better all around.

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

lol i can imagine the day a obby skimmy comes out. the rants forum will be filled to the max with the usual nub rants. it will start at like 6 mill lol

emote.gif

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=615955

click link to go to ganon95 productions

runescape requires a lot of skills, napoleon dynamyte would love this game

i am the proud owner of the quest point cape; all quests done 12/04/06

Jessy, is the speed on that obsidian sword the same as whip/scim/dagger? Thanks.

BTW, I am editing your results into my first post.

ALSO I am 99% sure that the bonus isn't given to the obsidian staff.

Myweponsgood.gif

Need assistance in any of these skills? PM me in game, my private chat is always ON

hmm... it seems my first impression of this necklace was a little off.

however, it still think its a horrible update, i've seen 2 uses for both of the new obsidian echantments that REALLY unbalace the game.

the bracelet used in the fight caves mean that you can heal 8 hitpoints per minute using only 1 prayer point and no food/brews.

and now a 99 strength 1 attack 1 defence mauler can kill ANY pure their level easily, all they have to do is get them to 2/3 health with range then swap to the maul.

not only that, but the staff and rings are completely abondoned.

in the knowledge base it was said that the berserker necklace only boosts the damage of the MELEE weapons.

and now we will see an even bigger drop in the prices of whips, as there is a wonderfull new alternative, easier to get, and with lower requirements. <.<

The 5 million necklace will replace the 1.5 million whip that is almost as good, if not better.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

hmm compare it with whip and fury now

if they release more obsidian weapons which is NOT far from reality, then we could end up with something better than a whip even.

but whip and scim with fury is still better all around.

maybe in accuracy they MIGHT be better, but not in STR boosting stuff... its essentially the same as a whip but less accurate for the sword.

i dont even know where but in this thread i said that the sword is a whip basically. it hits just as hard. thats all their is too it, and obviously any type of accuracy comparison other then just literally sitting down and counting the exp after an hour... well wouldnt be fair. and i might do that later but not rite now.

6fgk93q.jpg

all i know is, if i ever play CW on a world with people alot lower lvl with me are grabbing my flag and i got this obby junk, wow its going to be ridiculous.

Jessy, is the speed on that obsidian sword the same as whip/scim/dagger? Thanks.

yeah im not too sure... i think it is, but send me a message to my RS name. ill be back online is like... 8 hours lol if your on at that time we could take our sword and daggers to some place and see how they are side by side.

it has melee stats, im not spending 5 hours and 300-400k for some staff im never going to use to try it and have that even be questionable lol... but hey whatever i like to dream.

wow that was really fast. impressive though,but a problem with the obsidian training method is that it costs like 4.5mil for the necklace

well so does the fury

But the fury is good for magic, defense, range, attack, and strength. The fury is alot more helpful as an all-around ammy, and isn't obby-specific either. In my opinion, the necklace doesnt even come close to touching the all around value of a fury, unless Jagex releases an awesome obby weapon that everyone would use.

And if you trained with, say, a glory, you'd maybe get 5k exp less, saving a bunch of cash (using d scimmy). But to train with obsidian set up, you MUST have onyx amulet to get anywhere near that amount of exp.

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!

weapon speed page

it is as fast, and after buying an obby knife, i was really pissed off i bought it. i dont think its as good as the sword.

anyway i going to try this out on gargoyles for slayer..

He is useing the dagger and sword in those pics.

Maul you hold on sholder, like a 2h sword.

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Awesome! Hmm, can you poison Obby Dagger? If you can, I see a prize raise in the future.

A Schimmy of this now...

Owner of Quest Cape since 11/9/2007 23:30! Working my butt off to get it back.

lemurian04.png

It seems that the whip + black mask is still leading, I have an obby sword in bank and nearly 33k chaos so if i get bored soon i may go get this to do some testing myself

Yes that would be better, but you can't us emask on whatever you want, only slayer.

blk mask (15) + zerker neck (20?) + 15% prayers (15) + super pot (20?) + whatever str gear you wear = OWNAGE!!!

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

It seems that the whip + black mask is still leading, I have an obby sword in bank and nearly 33k chaos so if i get bored soon i may go get this to do some testing myself

Yes that would be better, but you can't us emask on whatever you want, only slayer.

blk mask (15) + zerker neck (20?) + 15% prayers (15) + super pot (20?) + whatever str gear you wear = OWNAGE!!!

well, in the pic below i turned my prayer on and off quickly and hit a 42 with the little obby sword. and i think the max for the whip is like 47, but you need a str ammy and fire cape. so thats not going to happen like that for me.

6h7ulb8.jpg

6fgk93q.jpg

with this set up, my whip would hit 40, super potted, praying on normal monsters and because the black mask gives the same bonus as prayers it means same max or 1 less.

the obby sword in this set up i maxed a 40 @ ape atoll. also, 40's on slayer monsters.[/img]

What difference does it make? Its still not the best combat xp in the game.

It doesn't need to be a good update.

Dude, you're an idiot #-o
Dude, your feeble attempt at an insult is hilarious.

... You can tell JAGeX is British - No common sense. :notalk:
Supportmage:Quick Robin,to the roflcopter!

wow that was really fast. impressive though,but a problem with the obsidian training method is that it costs like 4.5mil for the necklace

well so does the fury

But the fury is good for magic, defense, range, attack, and strength. The fury is alot more helpful as an all-around ammy, and isn't obby-specific either. In my opinion, the necklace doesnt even come close to touching the all around value of a fury, unless Jagex releases an awesome obby weapon that everyone would use.

Agreed.

I love this discussion about the recent update... back to lurking. :)

RSN: Greedom1 | QP 248+ | Combat 116 | Total 1920+ | Skills 95 craft, 99 farm, 88 herb, 91 mage, 85 slayer

Values? What do they mean?

What difference does it make? Its still not the best combat xp in the game.

thats how life goes man, hate to say it but... things dont always exceed their predecessors when released. i wish they did, but not always...

anyway, someone had to do this stuff? rite? i mean we provided tip.it and the rest of the RS community with some information. i even lost like 200k from the day i bought it to last night when i sold my berserker necklace, but hey that dont mean no nevermind to me(god i love confusingly weird phrases) it aint no big deal really. was fun to be interested in this game again. the last 2 months before the day i bought that damn necklace i played 5mins a day usually to mine my kingdom coal... then do a quest twice a month and then sell off my maple and flax stuff from their.

so hey, 200k down the drain? well worth reacquainting a forgotten love.

I think you're better off still using a regular weapon with a salve ammy. That way you're not making any sacrifices on a good weapon and it's only a 5% drop from the 20% obsidian bonus. You can use whatever weapon you want as long as you fight undeads, but they're good xp anyways.