Mistakes Jagex done with RS, if any?

juicce

None2none, what do you mean, c-based? Console based? Anyway, I wish RSC was still f2p as well, because al I hear is how good it was in RSC, but I was never on then :cry:

C is a programming language, one of the most commonly used and versatile ones.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Advertising Runescape on Miniclip. The turning point which resulted in a lot of kids entering the game and ruining the adult community already present back in RSC. Look at the current RS community we have.
This was good AND bad... It did bring some honest 'Scapers in, but also a lot of immature people who haven't any respect for us other honest 'Scapers.

did I mention the recent incredibily stupid holiday events?
People keep saying this, but I would rather have the ones they have been giving than none at all. Plus, I don't think they're that bad. Sure, they're a little childish, but sometimes I am too.

I think their biggest mistake was Pest Control... I believe this one has already been mentioned and explained, so I will leave it at that.

I also agree with anthony on the fatigue issue... It would have been annoying to have it left in, but it would also have added resistance to autoers.

None2none, what do you mean, c-based? Console based? Anyway, I wish RSC was still f2p as well, because al I hear is how good it was in RSC, but I was never on then :cry:

Yea, both you and Midala87 (hehe, bold) are right.

The general orger of programming languages (or the most known):

Easy to use:

VB > Java > C

Can do the most with the least work: (given you know what you're doing)

C > Java > VB

Or at least that's been my experience with the 3 ;)

Games like WoW and Diablo II (Both Blizzard games) are both written in C if you need examples :)

Yea, both you and Midala87 (hehe, bold) are right.

The general orger of programming languages (or the most known):

Easy to use:

VB > Java > C

Can do the most with the least work: (given you know what you're doing)

C > Java > VB

Or at least that's been my experience with the 3 ;)

Games like WoW and Diablo II (Both Blizzard games) are both written in C if you need examples :)

C takes less work than Java/VB? Heck no. Yes, it's more versatile, yes, it's more robust, yes, it's faster and more efficient with less overhead, yes, it's the only thing out of 3 that is suitable for any serious game development, but... If we take something that can be done well in either of the languages (like a simple records engine with front-end GUI and back-end database... Let's just say that if it takes a day to do it in VB, it will take you 3 days to do in Java, and 3 weeks to do with C.

A lot of things simply cannot be done well or done at all in Java and especially VB, but if it CAN be done well in these languages, it definitely can be done much faster too.

Live free or die. First option is exhausted, so guess what remains?

If this is about opinions, then every update failed. Because there are always people that are not happy with it.

No! Fishing was my favorite update ever! NO ONE complained about not having to make pies and cakes anymore. (this was also before banks could hold items, so to make a few cakes took way too long)

Pest control

Removing Thrandar (sp?)

The time between worlds without changes to rune mining.

Oh and for the do the most with the least language, Lisp and perl by a long way.

there are no stupid questions

just way too many inquisitive idiots

balance is scary to people who like things easy for them

Utopianflame.png

Pretty much every tradeable rare, every pink party hat, and every autoer you see out there.

Jagex didn't make autoers..... :-w

Jee, really?!

I know that, captain obvious. But they allowed them to thrive with a totally impcompetent detection system. They never should have released Rs2 with that many flaws in it. After all, it was meant to be a lot better - when it's exactly the same. Considering the playing population went up ten fold (and is now going down - no coincedence), that's an awful lot of fish through the net.

- Achievement diary

- All the rubbish quests

- Hunter, Slayer, Farming

All of the above were, in my opinion, just rushed and badly thought-out updates that needn't ever have been implemented.

Hunter and Slayer are just combat with different crap to kill. They could of just been part of combat - choose to fight, slay or hunt but NOOO... they had to milk it for all it's worth.

Farming isn't nearly as bad but still rather poor. A well thought-out skill I think, but I still don't like it. Everything now drops seeds where more interesting drops could of been.

Rubbish quests scribbled out to keep to their promise of regular updates.

Achievement diary... my god.. it's just more timewasting rubbish.

Since when did the universe aka the game start dictating what is and isn't an achievement? Since the achievement diary, of course!

:evil:

tifsbti6oi.gif

I'm not sure if someone has said it but I didn't like the skill tutors in lumbridge they added. I think the more help you get, the less you do yourself. I still think the ditch was bad as well since all the necessary information could be found in the knowledge base, which should read anyway. Oh well that's just my two least favorite things from Jagex's part in the game.

The ditch was an excellent update because usually if you traded someone near the wildy line and they ran past it you got killed, but you had no way to prove that. You can't blame Jagex for releasing rares since no other players could foresee the price raise either. Achievement Diary was the first good update for a long time, and it'll be partly F2P ( :D ). Also, don't blame them for not getting rid of autoers yet, there's no way I can think of to get rid of them because they work with colors and bitmaps. They do definitely not have an 'incompetent' auto detection system, that's one of the parts of RS that they have excelled at.

The cruddy quests, the amount of little effort put into skills, the wildy ditch (who cares if a bunch of noobs wont take a second to read the wildy warning, tough, dont complain to Jagex cuz' some other player pooned you), and last but not least the little bank space provided, upgrade your servers, youre making 5 million a month now so a few terabytes wouldnt hurt a bit.

[Admin Edit: No referral links allowed]

Womzoomed-1.gif

cloud.jpg

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

Final Fantasy 7

Making the game in Java. Making it in C could have made the graphics better. Even now if they'd change the game to C and just make a small program to convert all of the saved characters and their stats over to C, I believe the game could be better graphics and function wise. They could also remove common-click programs completely by just disabling the send methods used in Java... Or so I believe from what I've seen other C-based games do.

IMO making the game in Java was the BEST thing Jagex did. It means (as I have mentioned many times before) that the game can be played anytime anywhere, all you need is an internet connection and a browser on your PC. No big downloads, special graphics cards on your PC, high-speed internet connections etc. etc.

IMO opinion the biggest mistake is making the game TOO easy. Things like Cook X, tutors, Lumbridge bank, home teleports, PC. Icould mention many others, but the list would get too long. Bring back the days of RSC when the game was harder and didn't cater for 5 year olds.

Pretty much every tradeable rare, every pink party hat, and every autoer you see out there.

Jagex didn't make autoers..... :-w

Jee, really?!

I know that, captain obvious. But they allowed them to thrive with a totally impcompetent detection system. They never should have released Rs2 with that many flaws in it. After all, it was meant to be a lot better - when it's exactly the same. Considering the playing population went up ten fold (and is now going down - no coincedence), that's an awful lot of fish through the net.

Jagex will never be able to catch a macro like EZMACROS and various other programs. And sure, they are smart programmers but there are just as smart, if not smarter programmers out there, which we experienced with the various versions of [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation] and SCAR . can't really blaim JAGEX that there are people out there bent on making the game easier for themselves.. its like cheating on counterstrike ..

i doubt its autoing thats making the game population drop, since rs2 is pretty much an autoclick game now . it would more likely be that rs2 is outdated beyond imagination compared to other mmorpgs. the glue holding runescape together is its community, both in-game and on forums.

and now to the point, i think rs was funner without a wilderness . :mrgreen:

Jagex have, according to myself, not done any big mistakes. I know alot of people will quote this and post that I'm wrong. Feel free to do that :).

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Pest Control and Miniclip...

Why?

Pest Control- because of all the high levels it produced, we now have a few people with combat skills at 200million exp. Also back before it was released it was really cool to see someone over 120+ but now it's a common sight.

Miniclip- because of all the little kids that entered Runescape, begging and asking for a bf/gf. It gets annoying...

I is a genius!

Jagex have, according to myself, not done any big mistakes. I know alot of people will quote this and post that I'm wrong. Feel free to do that :) .
I quote you not to say you are wrong, but to say I think you are absolutely right. They have not made any BIG mistakes. But, being human, they have made multiple little ones. I do not fault them for that, of course.

Whats wrong with rares? I don't understand why people hate them so much, I think they should make more.

If they make more the prices of the current ones will drop and a lot of merchants will become angry.

I think the main mistakes Jagex made were Pest Control and some of the skills, namely Slayer, Firemaking, Hunting, Fletching and Construction. Mainly because Slayer and Hunting could be merged into ranging and combat, Firemaking's useless, and Fletching and Construction could be merged into Crafting.

- wildernis ditch

we already saw a message, now it seems the world has split into 2

the pk world and the skill world.

how stupid, they should make the whole runescape area more dangerous

cmmon a lvl 29 can defeat elvarg...

lowest lvl to defeat the 702 = ?? 45 ??

-with the wildernis update they removed an evergreen tree and a dead tree at the ice giants wild 48.

those 2 trees were THE safe spot to train ranged AND PRAYER in f2p worlds.

-like some others said:

some skills could be made more usefull.

rsname: lord rex.
december 2011: ranked 107th best f2p player
march 2012 became member.

Lord_Rex.png