Mistakes Jagex done with RS, if any?

juicce

NOTE: IM NOT TRYING TO MAKE JAGEX LOOK BAD! I am just curious about peoplea opinions about Runescape things. If moderators do find this offensive, please go ahead and lock this.

In this topic we discuss things what jagex have done in Runescape, and which failed, or are plain bad.

Well, near past things.....

Maybe Wilderness ditch? That would fall to "what-is-purpose-of-this" category, They had already message saying: "look, if you go further, you might die, so turn back now or suffer", But hey, ditch or message, if they ignore it with passion, you think they pay any attention even after update?

Another thing is rares, or more, the party hats. Now, Im not saying because of those RS is doomed, But they really screwed up some strings in economy? They failed to realize one time drop + tradeable item = prizes skyrocket. But this might just be random rant there.

Hmm, these are just out of my head now, You guys can post something more "aggravating" cases.

reportbuttanerfb6.gifnewscape450x35fa3.gif

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

* Removed the legs to skirt (and visa verca) converter during the change from rsc to rs2. Now items like rune skirts are pretty much unexistant. No point using them as clues give legs, pkers use legs and so on, skirt would just take bank space.

* The time gab between server changes. Few things like rune mining suffered a lot from that.

edit: most of the short quests with horrible rewards and low reqs. They got nothing to offer for people and waste time from bigger and better updates.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

I'd say making current holiday items untradable.... <.<

thats a good idea in my oppinion.

the tiny amount of mining exp you get from a rock and the bad exp per hour.

thats all i can think of really

tifsdac6mc.gif

lets see.

most recently

no hold on the number of "dream" spells you can click per second. (fixed)

99 construction party results in "falador massacre".

release of un-pkable items (torso, gloves, defenders)

whip special is drastically nerfed. it used to hit max, or hit nothing at all.

rs1 probably 01 maybe party hat dupes, resulting in purple becoming the new cheapest party hat.

those are what i hold jagex responsible for. sadly none of them effect me besides the whip special.

* The time gab between server changes. Few things like rune mining suffered a lot from that.

Actually, rune mining would be just a too big profit if there wasn't that.

It wouldn't, prices would drop to a point at wich there is no change. I think this world hopping should be in some way prohibited, then it would actually be an effort to afford Rune

getfirefoxmo6.gif

Advertising Runescape on Miniclip. The turning point which resulted in a lot of kids entering the game and ruining the adult community already present back in RSC. Look at the current RS community we have.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

Advertising Runescape on Miniclip. The turning point which resulted in a lot of kids entering the game and ruining the adult community already present back in RSC. Look at the current RS community we have.

i started off a miniclips.... :XD:

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

Actually, rune mining would be just a too big profit if there wasn't that.

It would still be slower gp per hour than nature crafting and if you add banking times, the amount of mined rune ores per hour wouldn't even go up a lot. The point is that it is really irritating to hop servers all the time and after that time gap just to notice the ores are mined already. I'm not also saying it should totally be removed, but lowering the time wouldn't really hurt anyone.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

i started off a miniclips.... :XD:

If you value your life.. Dont say that!!!!!! :ohnoes:

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Added Runecrafting... Not many (unless you're level 44+ or possibly 91+) people actually use Runecrafting to make waters, earths, mind, chaos, etc...only airs, fires, and natures for the most part... Seems utterly useless.

Removing RSC for members...I really liked it.

Not fixing the macroing problem when they could have, in RSC, and still today not doing (what I believe) is their full potential on making the system work.

Making the game in Java. Making it in C could have made the graphics better. Even now if they'd change the game to C and just make a small program to convert all of the saved characters and their stats over to C, I believe the game could be better graphics and function wise. They could also remove common-click programs completely by just disabling the send methods used in Java... Or so I believe from what I've seen other C-based games do.

But those are all that I can think of at the moment... I'm sure they've made countless more, but overall, I still think they made a great game! :)

None2none, what do you mean, c-based? Console based? Anyway, I wish RSC was still f2p as well, because al I hear is how good it was in RSC, but I was never on then :cry:

http://custom.leetscape.com/sig/63/70/combat.png[/img]

You just won the award for "The Most niave person on the Tip.it Boards!"]
*Points towards the monkey sitting on the button and declining every query*
Help me

No.

1. Closing RS Classic to new users

2. Fatigue (good thing Jagex removed it in RS2)

3. Pure/regular essence: Jagex tried to devalue essence but failed miserably

4. May 2001 skill menu - we used to have two magic and prayer skills. If you had 60 good magic and 55 evil magic, you'd get 60 magic, and the runes you spent on 55 evil magic was wasted, as Jagex simply discraded the EXP rather than add it to your higher skill. The same happened with prayer.

5. 2002 fletching - Woodcutting used to give very fast EXP, but Jagex changed it so that normal logs only gave 25 EXP. It was somewhat compensated with the 1-click woodcutting. Free users were given up to yews in RS2, but woodcutting was still slower than it was back then.

6. Due to abuse and resource issues, Jagex removed forums, links, and server status on November 14, 2001. Andrew also changed the chat filter so it only allows a limited dictionary, much like Disney's Virtual Magic Kingdom. Fortunately, the chat filter update was removed the next day.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Wilderness ditch helped, some people are extremely stupid and got lured.

Party Hats have helped the economy.. I could spent hours on end talking about that.

But pure essence... :-# Horrible.

redbullsigortiz.jpg

removal of fatigue..i don't remember any autoers in RSC as tehy coulden't make them cut fast enough...

The combat system... defence just seems useless except to limit access to certain items.

Ranging- update it or remove it.

Hunter Skill- This just need a lot more useful rewards. This is one of the few skills which relate to ranging now - they could do both at the same time.

Not many mistakes with RC as it give low levels a chance to make money running.

Dragon Armour - one simple word. UGLY!

runemghost,anthony7489.gif

whats ingrediants for admiral pie?

1 admiral and some pastry

None2none, what do you mean, c-based? Console based? Anyway, I wish RSC was still f2p as well, because al I hear is how good it was in RSC, but I was never on then :cry:

I am not into programming myself but I at least know what none2none is talking about. none2none meant by c-based is the programming code used (I think). There are a variety of different types. Such as Java, C, C+ and C++. Since I am no means an expert on this field you might want to look up "programming in C++" on google or another search engine.

Hope I helped. Btw, the worst thing that I believe Jagex has done to RuneScape was NOTHING. This is their game after all and we are simply admirers of their work. Sure the game is not perfect from our standpoint. Think of RS as Jagex's child. It may not be perfect but Jagex does not care for they will always love it no matter what.

We are simply parasites living in Jagex's child named RuneScape.

\' Would make an awesome siggy quote \'