What Item Did you Treasure as a Newbie? - 12k+ Views!

equal_ibrium

Hey all,

I just had a nostalgic moment. Ever remember some item you saw as a newbie (whether it was someone else wearing it, or found on the floor) which you hadn't seen before, and you immediately thought "wow, I found something worth a lot!"

I know it happened to me, when I came across a potion on the floor. The examine said its useful for spots. I thought it was some rare potion worth a few k. :lol:

So, any interesting stories about weird/useless items which you held on to in your bank while you were a young inexperienced runescaper :-k

-Equal

edit: fixed title a bit.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First time i found an item and thought it was rare was the second day i played, when i got coal from a dwarf. I was truly, truly, living up to my name when i said "YAY! I found some coal!"

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Black Armour, I got scammed out of my full Steel Three times trying to get my black trimmed...

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

maybe the ammy of accurcy its was rare to me then i died with it and a year later i bought a new one from the general store :shock:

I was always a mining addict. Ever since I saw the rune pick, I wanted one. I set a goal of getting one, and my friends were like "you'll never get 26k for one!". But I did. They were all jealous.

Then there was rune armour. The first time I saw it I was like "Omg!! Rune Armour!!"

my rune med i thought it was like a phat then i did in wild in rsc and lost it, i quit rs for a week, lol

RSN: 1 day late | Private chat: On

| 60 ATTACK | 81 STRENGTH | 72 HITPOINTS |

| 80 MAGIC | 13 PRAYER | 1 DEFENSE | 65 COMBAT |

Iron dagger.

I was level 9, still picking stuff up, and I found that iron dagger on the ground and ran for it. I thought "Wow this is IRON, I'm ditching this lame bronze longsword". Back in RS1, the wielded dagger looked really powerful but it was in fact weaker than the bronze longsword..

After that, it was a bit about the Mithril Longsword. I spent so long picking bananas and training to be able to use it, it was like getting a whip over a d long.

5637_s.gif

Pixel sigs by me.

Pixel Art

When I was a level 3: my tinderbox. :P I didn't understand the concept of general stores stocking them and I couldn't find a general store either, so whenever I found one, I would treasure it. :thumbsup: Later on while I was lvl 20~30ish, full rune. Me and my irl friend had a race to get full rune, and she got it first. I was so jealous

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

i still do, it's my the one and only dlong. first members weapon, and i still have it, and i refuse to abandon it until lvl 85 slayer.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

I would have to say my newbie map, I kept that map in my inventory for a good 6 months

finally dropped it when I decided to become a member.

Got into member world looking in the stores for a member map.

Boy.... was I bummed when I found out there was none. :oops:

BTW: I never knew about the world map on the game until a year later. #-o

queenvalerie.png

I would have to say my newbie map, I kept that map in my inventory for a good 6 months

finally dropped it when I decided to become a member.

Got into member world looking in the stores for a member map.

Boy.... was I bummed when I found out there was none. :oops:

BTW: I never knew about the world map on the game until a year later. #-o

lol, funny...though i'd probably do the same thing :oops:

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

My chaos rune (that was back when I thought 100 gp is a lot of money and that partyhats were worth 10k)

noob:need hot gf

me this is not a dating sevice its a game

noob:but thats the only reson i play this game

then is suggest you use a dating service

but i cant im only 7 #-o

my mith scimmy, i thought i was invinsible.

i went to wildy with it, skulled and then got pked and lost it lol.

i was so gutted.

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

back on RSC, I found full iron and a mithril hatchet on the floor in al-kharid palace. Of course, this was before they put level requirements on armor, so I put it on and I was super happy, best day of my RS life ^.^

Then I chopped down a tree with my axe... I was astounded at how it took only a few seconds, as opposed to minutes :D

Mithdragonsig5.jpg

I loved my addy long. My stats were around 30-15-15, and I felt like a baddass wearing it.

~~Let The Dragon ride again, on the winds of time~~

dragonrebornkr1.jpg

I've always felt as if I'm the only person who can understand the concept of sarcasm on the internet.