When Rares Run Out: Hypothesises needed!

Giordano

I'm kinda curious about this situation, when RuneScape sees no more rares left. I know what you're thinking: RuneScape would end before rares are gone, but say the game went on forever, and first the party hats disappear. Then masks and santas. Then smaller rares, what then? Would raw materials skyrocket? How would selling some yews be different than now?

I'm no smarty-pants in the economy, so I can't really make a guess. But I know some of you can!

P.S If this doesn't belong here Mods, please move it to whichever forum is suitable.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If runescape rares run out then it will have assumably a depleat in the runescape ecomomy considering a vast amount of money is consumed and traded through rares

Never take life too seriously, nobody gets out alive.

not possible...really no discussion

I know what you're thinking: RuneScape would end before rares are gone, but say the game went on forever

Hypothesises Needed!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

I'd say the 2nd most expensive thing would like instantly takes the rares place. their would be some chaos, but it'd turn out alright. Jagex will take good care of us (not really, but w/e...it sounded nice)

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

no....jagex will just introduce new rares..rares will never run out so why talk about impossible things. its like saying if humans had wings how would that change the world....

that'd be a very interesting topic to discuss...

unorclanpixelsigzu1.png

Thanks to the amazing talent of Jopie211 for the sig!

Finest Fist of Guthix Strategy Guide

no....jagex will just introduce new rares..rares will never run out so why talk about impossible things. its like saying if humans had wings how would that change the world....

They wouldn't do that, anything close to that would be something really rare to get from a monsters drop worth millions.

nabsigmar2011.png

[spoiler=My 99s (7)]9,638th to 99 Fletching ~ 29th January 2007

737th to 99 Hunter ~ 2nd July 2007

910th to 99 Agility ~ 28th January 2008

59,467th to 99 Defence ~ 23rd December 2009

92,762nd to 99 Hitpoints ~ 26th June 2010

102,704th to 99 Attack ~ 29th June 2010

144,091st to 99 Strength ~ 29th June 2010

runescape will probably end before all the rares go away. even if it ever happens then maybe new items will be released similar to 3rd age.

despite jagex keeps adding new items in the game, there is no possible way the economy could crash so easily.

The day no mroe rares existed, prices would inflate quite a bit.

Rares help keep items like bow strings, nats, and coal down so low... and I think are good for the economy so I think Jagex would "sneak" more rares into the game, selling them on fake accounts... which I still think they do today....

siggykv.jpg

I skill. If you skill you should join.

runescape will probably end before all the rares go away. even if it ever happens then maybe new items will be released similar to 3rd age.

despite jagex keeps adding new items in the game, there is no possible way the economy could crash so easily.

runescape will never end!!!

on topic: rares wont go out, but if they were to walk out the door, umm Jagex

would introduce new rares i hop :uhh:

Could use a sig or avatar, PM me if intersted in making one.

Guest Lue_Dogs

some rares will always remain in the possession of their owners... their for impossible theory, or infact more likely then possibly thought since they wont be in circulation.

rares, there are many left, and as for today, holds a lot of money in them, as they are getting so expencive, that means that it helps keeping inflation down, as you need enourmous amounts of money to get them.

if they dis-appeared, then the billions bound into the rare marced, needs a new place to "be" so that would mean billions extra into "everymans" cash, there would therefore be an inflation (money gets a lower value)

probably, the things people buy the most, as raw ingredients would get higher in price, and very expencive things would become more expensive.

but really, what i said now is what would happen if they dis-appeared very quickly.

if they dis-appeared over a long time, there would be no sky-rocketing, in anything but the rares. (like, quite many people still wonder if there does excist any half wines)

Scherzo.png

Because the rares disapperaing is gradual there will be some raw material inflation (coal, yews etc). However becuase it is so slow the market will may stay stable - perhaps no real price changes. As the price rises slightly people will sell or gather more materials and more bots will come in reducing them again.

Matthew T-D

Whip drops: 9

Abyssal head drops: 3

The rate at which rares are terminated is so slow.

1 party hat out of 100,000's(maybe more) leaves like every month prolly at an average rate....

you know how slow that is?

I wouldn't doubt if the figures were slower then that.

w4M8t.png

Hmmm For every set lost it will still eventually stabalise?

So my Hypothesis is that it wont affect the economy..

since it will take AGES for them to be gone..

and i wont ever ever sell my RARE... so it really take ages

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

I dont agree if rares where lost peaple would turn and try to buy other stuff rthats "simi rare" like 3rd age then prices would skyrocket and inflation on rs would sgkyrocket theen the rich get richer and the poor get poerrer/ \' :-# :-s :-k

http://rambelingsofateenagetechie.blogspot.com/

MY BLOG

Education is a weapon whose effects depend on who holds it in his hands and at whom it is aimed.

-Joseph Stalin

RoushLogo.jpg

My Logo!

The day no mroe rares existed, prices would inflate quite a bit.

Rares help keep items like bow strings, nats, and coal down so low... and I think are good for the economy so I think Jagex would "sneak" more rares into the game, selling them on fake accounts... which I still think they do today....

+1

You stole the words straight out of my mind. Jagex probaley sees the enormous value in rares as goals for otherwise bored people who would quit and as an anti-inflationary device.

therealdealseelmealbugyn3.png

We tried using an abyssal whip to 'suggest' they work faster

The real question here is:

If the richest players in the game didn't have their money in rares, what would they spend their millions upon millions of gp on?

Get the answer to that, and we can start generating some discussion on the ramifications of the elimination of rares.

So "rich peeps", let's hear your answers :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.