Rare Or A 99 Skill ???

I was just thinkin how many people would rather get a rare RuneScape item/items than getting a 99 skill..? With a 99 skill you will have untill the day runescpae closes, how eva with a rare you can sell and buy when eva you want...

anyway just post what you would do... :thumbsup:

koolcookie0.png

Goals: 15m Slayer xp | 85 Herblore | 75+ All Stats | Chaotic Rapier | 125k/200k Tokens

there are two ways to look at this. Either low cost rares around 10mil-30 mil or party hats and crakers. First of all I would pick a mask or santa over most 99s unless it was somthing along the lines of minning, fishing, smithing... of course if you get a high cost rare you could probably sell it, get two or three lesser rares for your self and have enough left over to train a few 99 skills With that said I would take the rare.

No question: Blue party hat. By cheaper p-hats for investment and the rest of the money buy a 99 skill.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

99 skill :P I'd use the 99 skill to get a rare. But if the rare was a Christmas Cracker, I'd go for that, or a PHat set. Anything else, I'd choose 99.

Nairb168.gif

Retired from runescape. I will be on every now and then though. :)

get rare :mrgreen:

sell :(

buy cheaper rare :D

use extra money to train skill to 99 :mrgreen:

make money off that skill :thumbsup:

sell cheap rare 8-)

use money get good rare back :mrgreen:

f2p for life

I apologize for my terrible spelling

brianw789.png

If I had to earn it. I would choose a 99, much faster and I hate rares.

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

best is to have both \'

i do have multiple 99s and rares. if i were to pick though, 99s would win. its better to acknowledge your veteran status of playing this game then to show off your capacity in wealth.

If im to be honest, i would personally choose a rare.

Why?

I hate earning money, and a rare would solve all my monetary issues. If i could either be gifted with a 99 skill, or earn it, i would earn it.

Phats are just a thing on your head, which are quite easy to earn (mage staking or merchanting), but the sense of achievement for a 99 skill far outweighs the buying of a rare.

So i would go for a rare, so i could earn my 99 skills.

'It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.'

Aristotle

VVVV Blog VVVV

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=742 ... highlight=

I'd rather have a 99 skill. Skills such as Runecrafting or Slayer etc. can get you that rare in not so much time. As for rares, they just attract people and scammers and they don't have much use other than sit on your head/in your bank.

Main Goal -->

[hide=]All Stats 70+ And...[/hide]

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

hashim1990.png

If the rare wasnt any kind of phat or a cracker...id have to say a 99 skill, i just would love to walk around in one (havent managed to get my hands on a cape yet, still working on it :oops: )

Coming Soon

Depends on what 99 and rare.... I mean I'd rather have a peehat than cooking 99 but I'd rather have a herblore cape than a green mask ::'

99 ranged/99 hunter/99 mage/99 cook/99 constitution

99 woodcutting/99 firemaking/99 farming

sig2fk1.png

99 herblore achieved on 7/10/2008

99 agility achieved 7/2/2010

I would chose to get a rare. I would take a christmas cracker :). But I wouldn't sell it, i would save it so whilst it increases in price :mrgreen: .

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

I would go with a 99 skill, would pick smithing in fact. If the rare is valued at over the cost of 99 smith I would pick that and sell it.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85