Dragon Arrows, Dark Bow, Dragon Darts-Starting Prices?

denhaag0o0

Well.. I can remember seeing a whip being sold for 64m around the time of release. So i expect the first few bows will be sold for around 80m and then fall down fast to around 15m. Stay around there for a while but gradually go down just like the whip did. :|

Currently not active on RuneScape.

dazzuhsiggyfinal.png

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wont make a price estimate, but i just wanted to say this:

Everyone is mentioning the power, the max hits, pking etc...

But what about training? As far as I know, a lot of people train with MSB and whatever type of arrows.

I'm guessing this bow can also use all types of arrows. Say its gives 85 ranged bonus. Thats a nice 17 extra range bonus when training. Better than buying a robin and paying 4M for an extra +2 ranged attack.

Are people really that impaitent? Why can't we just wait for the update without the million topics that stem from BTS?

Anyway, about the price of the Darts, I'm assuming they will be better than rune knives, which are atleast 5k each. And, also assuming, the darts will be a lot harder to aqquire, so my guess is they will be well in excess of 10k each.

Truthfully I could care less about the price of the bow. I just want its special effect to be +15% range when on slayer tasks. <3:

that does'nt really make any sence....the new bow will be focused on pking, not training(who would train with dragon arrows).

anyway, most probobly, if the bow is +80-90 range attack, same speed as msb and not a great special attack, it would cost about 25m at start and lower to about 8m in a few weeks.

if the new bow is 100+ range attack, same speed as msb and have a special that can ko, it will be worth 50m+ and hold the price quite stedily.

when slayer came out, partyhats only cost <30m, that means you could get a partyhat set for 2 abyssal whips, since we already have 3k potential dark beast slayers already, the bow wont be that expencive, but it will be very expencive indeed.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Ammo would be slightly cheaper and they can immediately get..

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

Truthfully I could care less about the price of the bow. I just want its special effect to be +15% range when on slayer tasks. <3:

that does'nt really make any sence....the new bow will be focused on pking, not training(who would train with dragon arrows).

I don't recall Jagex saying the bow would be focused on pking? More likely than not this bow will be able to use every arrow type up to Dragon just like msb can use every arrow up to rune. I don't see how this could not be considered a viable option for training. :?

single_skill1165709744.png

Wild pies, cannonballs, black masks, full guthans - Will rise up until release.

Worlds - hunter and slayer spots will be crowded.

Bow - there will be far less demand for bow than for whip. I see these being <10m for the first week or two, then dropping to under 2m. Once we know more about them then the price will become more clear.

Arrows - If these can only be fired from the dark bow, it all depends more about the bow. These won't be used for training, only PKing. If the bow protects in wildy, then pures and mains will buy bows and increase the price. They will then buy around 100 arrows at a time for KO power. KO power all depends on the bow's special. Assuming it is decent, then arrows will go for 1.5-3k.

Darts - these will be the dueller's textbook use. There will probably be an increase in range dueling as well. This could also cause a decrease if it is too expensive, but I doubt it. You will only lose <5 darts for each duel, and magic dueling is far more expensive. Also, stakers can afford these. I can see darts going from 5-7.5k, maybe even 8k.

Reading what Jagex wrote about the minigames, it seems to me that implings will be very hard to catch. Dragon implings will be very scarce and extremely hard to catch. All the 83 hunters will crowd the spots, but won't catch anything. Only the 95+ hunters will be able to successfully use this spot for good yield. With all the crowding I can see the prices for darts and arrows being sky high the first few days, possibly over 10-15k or even 20k.

RSN: Jettrider

jettridergg2.png

hunter13371337expdx2.png

I see hunters getting 6-8-12- and up to mayby 22 arrowsat once, and selling them 3.5kea.

Bows? All depends on the drop rate.

Darts? 8kea, but mayby that's over priced. I think they'll be harder that arrows to get, and you'll get them in 4-6-8's.

On a side note, I see rune imps being baited with rune daggers, and people getting rune items many and often there.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

Man, i bet the people with 85 slayer and above are loving themselves right now (wild pies). i can only imagine the ammount of potions, food, and armor being bought this week to go kill the dark beasts. Wild pies might go up in price possibly?

man, i wish i had trained slayer instead of going to barrows. >_<

polarbeardaveyz9.png

Factors that'll drive the bow price up...

* Lvl 90 Slaying required (less than 3k players have this level)

* Dark Beasts are a pain to kill

* The drop rates will no doubt be quite low (hopefully not as low as whips are now)

Harrington.gif

Man, i bet the people with 85 slayer and above are loving themselves right now (wild pies). i can only imagine the ammount of potions, food, and armor being bought this week to go kill the dark beasts. Wild pies might go up in price possibly?

you read my mind. Since theres no way in hell i'm going to get 85 slayer by the time this update comes out, I might as well kill chompies and have someone make wild pies for me :thumbsup: .

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

Thanks for pointing that out that I can use pies, I still have a couple left in my bank. Didn't think I would have any use for them after I achieved 85 slayer. :D

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I don't recall Jagex saying the bow would be focused on pking? More likely than not this bow will be able to use every arrow type up to Dragon just like msb can use every arrow up to rune. I don't see how this could not be considered a viable option for training. :?

learn to read- i said focused on, not made only for. still, do you really think they make a 20m bow that is able to fire dragon arrows just for training? and who would you train on with dragon arrows? ofcource, you can train with it too, but as a pking wepon, why would it make training slayer better?

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Lets look at the facts again

Abbysal Demon - 85 slayer - Demon good training, Guthan camping and max hit of 8melee.

Dark Beast - 90slayer - Hard place to get into, Hits very high with both magic and melee

I suspect the bow prices will be in the high 50s

Thanks for pointing that out that I can use pies, I still have a couple left in my bank. Didn't think I would have any use for them after I achieved 85 slayer. :D

Pro Chompy Hunting skills make make me some good money. :twisted:

Lets look at the facts again

Abbysal Demon - 85 slayer - Demon good training, Guthan camping and max hit of 8melee.

Dark Beast - 90slayer - Hard place to get into, Hits very high with both magic and melee

I suspect the bow prices will be in the high 50s

Since when do dark beasts have two attack styles?

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

lets sete... dragon arrows 1.25k each, darts 900-1k each, and dark bow.. hmm... ~6-13m?

~Guy

RIP TET

original.png

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche

learn to read- i said focused on, not made only for. still, do you really think they make a 20m bow that is able to fire dragon arrows just for training? and who would you train on with dragon arrows? ofcource, you can train with it too, but as a pking wepon, why would it make training slayer better?

You're saying if I was training with a Yew Shortbow, then I should ONLY use rune arrows? People have to train with something... people use whip a LOT for training...

In Soviet Russia, glass eats OTers.

Alansson Alansson, woo woo woo!

Pink owns yes, just like you!

GOOOOOOOOOO ALAN! WOO!