Dragon Arrows, Dark Bow, Dragon Darts-Starting Prices?

denhaag0o0

Lets look at the facts again

Abbysal Demon - 85 slayer - Demon good training, Guthan camping and max hit of 8melee.

Dark Beast - 90slayer - Hard place to get into, Hits very high with both magic and melee

I suspect the bow prices will be in the high 50s

Since when do dark beasts have two attack styles?

What cave have you been living in the past year? They've used two attack styles since they came out. :roll:

Their magic attacks aren't anything to worry about though, since they will only use it if you engage them in close combat and then retreat.

single_skill1165709744.png

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be very interesting to see the drop rates of the dragon arrows. To get the prices down im guesing that Jagex will make them drop often and lots of them. Maybe 10 per drop? If not, they will be very overpriced. Anyways, im now working towards 84 hunter to be able to get my own.

sig3gk6.png

The price of Bow will depends on alot of things.

1) speed it shoots arrows (is it around the same speed as c-bow/mage short)

2) range bonus (is it higher then mage short)

3) Can you fire other arrows (99% sure u will be able to)

4) Drop rate

~3000 more people may have the ability to kill dark beasts, but look at the dark beasts. You cant camp there about ~25h of combat whitout bank (guthan + melee armor). Dark Beasts have TWO attack styles. Since you have to Prot Melee YOU WILL have to wear Range armor to survive the mage attack. So you wont be able to kill THAT MENY per trip.

Also you need pray pots that cost good money.

People who say that Dark bow will cost 300k are bunch of newbies. No1 is going to kill them if the bows SUCK and its north worth good money.

If they are good, then they will start in the high mils @ 1st and then go to around 10m ea and start to slowly drop...

Its not the PKing ability that will keep the bow high in price longer, but its the training. Every extra bit of range bonus. People pay mils for some extra range bonuses that Robins give...

I remember people who said "PMG whips will be under a mil in 6 months" - its like 2years after slayer came and its still around ~1,5m GeePee`s.

When the abbysal whip first came out, they were sold for 20m, they lost their price, down to 10m and kept going down.

Would you please stop posting that number, this is the second time in the same day ive corrected you. The first whips were 100 million!! They were still 25 million when I got 85 slayer.

trixstar , no need to exagerate...

the 1st whips were not 100mill , they were more in the 35 - 40 mill price range.

bucksig2lt0.png

1103'rd to 99 crafting

830th to 99 herblore

~!~ Master Merchant ~!~

When the abbysal whip first came out, they were sold for 20m, they lost their price, down to 10m and kept going down.

Would you please stop posting that number, this is the second time in the same day ive corrected you. The first whips were 100 million!! They were still 25 million when I got 85 slayer.

trixstar , no need to exagerate...

the 1st whips were not 100mill , they were more in the 35 - 40 mill price range.

dear little boy, no need to post unnecessary, false facts.

The first whips sold by slayers were ranging from 60-85m, though the first whips sold on the market by merchanters and duelers were indeed priced in the lower hundred millions.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Truthfully I could care less about the price of the bow. I just want its special effect to be +15% range when on slayer tasks. <3:

that does'nt really make any sence....the new bow will be focused on pking, not training(who would train with dragon arrows).

I don't recall Jagex saying the bow would be focused on pking? More likely than not this bow will be able to use every arrow type up to Dragon just like msb can use every arrow up to rune. I don't see how this could not be considered a viable option for training. :?

learn to read- i said focused on, not made only for. still, do you really think they make a 20m bow that is able to fire dragon arrows just for training? and who would you train on with dragon arrows? ofcource, you can train with it too, but as a pking wepon, why would it make training slayer better?

You're saying if I was training with a Yew Shortbow, then I should ONLY use rune arrows? People have to train with something... people use whip a LOT for training...

i think what he's tryin to say since we're all assuming that dark bow and dragon arrows will own we will not use them to train but to PK with instead.. Training with them wouldn't make any sense at all it wouldn't be cost effective.. He's not sayin that if you have a dark bow and Dragon arrows you should go out and use it to train with.. To tell you the truth if my bro gets me one and its a good bow i'll prob use that instead of my msb from now on.. I have oodles of other arrows that i could fire from it..

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Should I remind you Darkbow WILL NOT be the best bow ingame? The crystal remains the best bow. So starting price will be 10M due to rarity and peoples' menality but they will fastly drop to ~2M.

savormix.gif
R.I.P. oO000oO0oO00, RS2 range pure transformed to a maxed PvM char in EoC, ten years of time completely wasted.
Good to be gone :)

What do you think the starting prices for these new items will be? I think...

Dragon Arrows-1kea (but might eventually drop to 800ea)

Dark Bow-8kea

Darts- 800ea

What do you think the prices should start off at?

yea right dark bow 8k keep dreaming -.-

T_K_A_M_B_.png

Dark Bow-10-20mil

Dragon Darts-1k each

Dragon Arrows-2-3k each

Your estimates are extreeeemely low.

Lets figure this out sensibly shall we?

Rune Darts are Currently sold at 1 - 2k ea and Knives 2 - 3k ea. How are something that is better in stats and max hit going to cheaper?

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Should I remind you Darkbow WILL NOT be the best bow ingame? The crystal remains the best bow. So starting price will be 10M due to rarity and peoples' menality but they will fastly drop to ~2M.

should i remind you that the crystal bow is a long-bow- hence it is rubbish for pking and has not got a special attack.

Too many people without any knowledge of dark beasts post here like they know everything- dark beasts are NOT like abyssal demons, dark beasts have loads more defence and hitpoints compared to abyssal demons, so you cant really kill more than about 50 in an hour. The second thing about them is that you cant use guthans there either, because of their high hittingpower, so that means using prayer potions, that not only limit inventory space and banking but also cost alot of money.

The first Whip was sold for 74M wasn't it? So I'm guessing that the Dark Bow might be around that the first day, but it'll go down fast because people can use Wild Pies from level 85 Slayer.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

I think...

Dark bow - 20m-25m

Dragon Arrows - 3k-15k ea.

Dragon Darts - 5k-10k ea.

So I won't be buying anytime soon.

The dark bows are like the abby whips of range... so theres no way they'll be at 8k anytime soon... if ever.

5zgkkxt.jpg

I see a little mistake here.

Until now the highest lvl arrows were rune and those required lvl 40 range and a yew bow to use, the magic bow didn't add any value in usable ammo, so why did they say a new bow was needed for dragon arrows?

If the magic bow will not be able to fire dragon arrows and we will indeed need this new darkbow to be able to use them then I think that prices might be a bit higher then we expect them to be.

I also expect this thing to get better stats then karils xbow and crystal bow even though it has a lower lvl requirement because that's just typical jagex.... look at karils coif ? XD

Typical requirement for rune is 40, so you can use them with yew bow (40 ranged requirement)

Typical requirement for dragon is 60 (msb is range 50) so its correc tthat they need a new bow

Madouge.png

Click the pic if you wanna see a Ranged Slayer blog.

The first Whip was sold for 74M wasn't it? So I'm guessing that the Dark Bow might be around that the first day, but it'll go down fast because people can use Wild Pies from level 85 Slayer.
using wild pies at 85 won't be very effective in my opinion... more like a waste of time actually..

RSN: drgnslyer15

Drgnslyer15.png

15 skills 90+ - 10 skills 99 - 200m+ total exp

Ok all of your prices are wrong. I would say that dragon arrows are going to be about 1-2.5k after they are steady, dragon darts/knives will be about 5k ea since obby knifes are 5k each, and last but not least I think that the new bows will start at about 50mil or so the days after they come out, and afterwards they will be about 5mil for a year or so until they will probably be priced like whips since they take higher slayer but less people would want a new range weapon (less people use range).

Getting another sig

[removed]

Doesn't matter what price it will be, all I know is I'm getting rich off of this. :thumbsup:

~Retired 10/17/07~

finalslayerhz3.png

Zombies__eat_flesh__by_DJCandiDout.jpg

"One of the great things about books is sometimes there are some fantastic pictures." - George W. Bush

Prices will behave like the whip, but will NOT be similar. The first whip sold for the insane price of 50M (I saw fir3god's thread) because it was a race to 85, nobody had it yet. Here, it starts off with 2k+ people having 90 so it will probably be around 5-10M seeing as whips are still 1.6 with however many people at 85. Darts I'd guess will be around 4-5k each starting. They can't cost the same as rune, then after a couple days/weeks rune and dragon will lower. Arrows will be similar to darts.

Lol i think u guys are a bit off...Sure new weps and armour are always worth heaps when they come out but lets look at this honestly... Most people hate range and cant be stuffed to train it cause it hits bad...The best range wep is worth 900k (compared to the best meelee wep worth 5m+ [spear] or actually lets say whip is the *best* at 1m+.) In my opinion this bow isnt going to have absolutely awesome bonuses..I mean u only require 60 ranged and its going to be simply an extension of the mage short..I cant understand why a monster that requires 90 slayer drops an item with such low reqs...The crystal bow requires 70 ranged and 50 agility and is aquired far more easily than what this new bow is going to be.

I think a fair price (stats wise) for this new bow would be only around 10-20k however, as all items it will start off fairly expensive (i reckon 5m tops...because of the 90 slayer.) From there i expect Jagex will have to make somethin else drop it due to the obvious facts that the bonuses arent going to be that great and the bow will then lower to what it should be at around 20k..

As for the arrows and darts, i have no idea and if they eva become fletchable then the release of a dragon bar will probly be made and then the release of smithing dragon items..

lol my theories..

Yay for another newb who has NO IDEA what hes talking about.

You CAN NOT compare Abyssal deamons whit Dark beasts. They are like a Chicken vs a Greater Deemon.

You cant guess the power of the item buy level its needed.

Dragon armor = 60 def = Best unbrakable melee armor.

Rune boots = 40def = Best Boots.

Whip = 70 attack - best weapon - 70 isent a high lvl #-o

etc etc etc

EVEN IF THE BOW SUCKS IT WILL NEVER be under 200k. Why? No1 will kill Dark Beasts, because killing them costs alot of suplys.

What do you think the starting prices for these new items will be? I think...

Dragon Arrows-1kea (but might eventually drop to 800ea)

Dark Bow-8kea

Darts- 800ea

What do you think the prices should start off at?

........ so you think a brand new weapon that requires a minimum of 85 slayer (with wild pies) to kill is going to start off as being 8k, RUNE crossbow alchs for about 20+k ea, really you should this before you say anything

Candymann16.png

Lol i think u guys are a bit off...Sure new weps and armour are always worth heaps when they come out but lets look at this honestly... Most people hate range and cant be stuffed to train it cause it hits bad...The best range wep is worth 900k (compared to the best meelee wep worth 5m+ [spear] or actually lets say whip is the *best* at 1m+.) In my opinion this bow isnt going to have absolutely awesome bonuses..I mean u only require 60 ranged and its going to be simply an extension of the mage short..I cant understand why a monster that requires 90 slayer drops an item with such low reqs...The crystal bow requires 70 ranged and 50 agility and is aquired far more easily than what this new bow is going to be.

I think a fair price (stats wise) for this new bow would be only around 10-20k however, as all items it will start off fairly expensive (i reckon 5m tops...because of the 90 slayer.) From there i expect Jagex will have to make somethin else drop it due to the obvious facts that the bonuses arent going to be that great and the bow will then lower to what it should be at around 20k..

As for the arrows and darts, i have no idea and if they eva become fletchable then the release of a dragon bar will probly be made and then the release of smithing dragon items..

lol my theories..

if the dark bow is better than the msb, and presumebly, it will be, then why would a player, that has most combat stats maxed kill monsteres that require alot of effort and money to kill sell their loot for 20k a piece?

Your post must be one of the stupidest things i have ever read- the price of the bow is determined by the demand- if the bow is better than msb, that is used by more than a few hundred thousand scapers, why wouldnt some of them want a better bow if they can afford one? So, as only less than 0.1% of the runescape population can get these bows, and more than 10% of runescape population desire one, the demand will be sky high, now high demand means everyone wants one, and if they can not get it, some of them are willing to pay more money, and this determins the price. By your logic, at start, all of the slayers get a few thousand bows, and when the price falls to 20k each, not a single player will kill dark beasts anymore.

The big point is, the bow price will never fall lower than the whip, unless there will be a better bow than the dark bow- why? only slayers get dark bows, only slayers get whips- people with ~90 slayer have a choice- kill the easier abyssal demons for whips at 1.5m ea or kill dark beasts, that require alot of money and more effort to kill than abyssal demons, and sell dark bows for x amount of cash. If the dark bow is better than msb it will have a big demand, unless a better bow comes along- now when dark bow price goes lower than whips price- why would lvl 90 slayers kill dark beasts anymore? they waste money, are harder to kill and the drops are worse- theyll just go to abyssal demons again and the production goes to 0, demand is still constant and the price plummets up again.

What i also noticed is your stats- you say level 60 requirement is low, though you are a complete newbie. Dragon armor and wepons require 60 attack/defence- you cant even wear dragon wepons.