If They Reset RuneScape... would you still play??

honeo

The main question of this topic is, if they deleted every player, every item, every piece of gold from the game, would you still play? This means remaking your account, training your skills, and gaining back all the items/GP you lost. Would you be up for the challenge?

I know many people restart and see what it is like remaking an account from scratch and they say it really isn't that bad. Yet I also know people that wouldn't want to start a new account if their life depended on it.

My personal opinion, I still would play! I would sign up, and play the game from scratch again. It would be interesting... At the beggining of the game, armor like mith and addy would be rare. People would dream of getting Rune Armor. It would be a month or two before dragon armor/weapons come onto the market. Rares would be gone. EVERYTHING!

What do you think the prices would be like? Essence being 300 ea? Mith scimmy's being 50k+? Rune armor being in the millions? Law runes being 5k ea? Who knows! It would be quite interesting.

Enough of my rambling, let's hear your thoughts.

-Kyle

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably wouldn't play as much if at all. For me, it would just seem like a waste of time because, if they reset the game once, they can do it again.

That is true. But how long has the game been out? 7...8 years? No reset yet. You could even transfer your accounts to Rs2 from RSC. You can get maxed stats playing 1-2 hours a day in what... 3-5 years max? So say they reset the game every 10 years (I know the game won't be around that long lol), but say they did. That's about 5 years that your account is maxed out.

I think it would be quite interesting if everyone was starting from scratch. It would give you a chance to be the best.

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

I would quit for sure.

I work years for my goals and then they reset it :wall:

krikke321.png

Computers will never be above humans because we made them.

That's what monkeys used to say about us.

I probably wouldn't play as much if at all. For me, it would just seem like a waste of time because, if they reset the game once, they can do it again.

That is true. But how long has the game been out? 7...8 years? No reset yet. You could even transfer your accounts to Rs2 from RSC. You can get maxed stats playing 1-2 hours a day in what... 3-5 years max? So say they reset the game every 10 years (I know the game won't be around that long lol), but say they did. That's about 5 years that your account is maxed out.

I think it would be quite interesting if everyone was starting from scratch. It would give you a chance to be the best.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if I was a very active RS player. For me, however, there are a lot of times when I don't even get in 1-2 hours of gameplay during a week, let alone a day. I've been playing on and off since 2001 and I still don't have any stats higher than the mid 80's.

Pixeloaded.jpg

Nope, I wouldn't play. As it is, the game has become less exciting & fun for me. Even if the game was enjoyable at the moment, I wouldn't want to start raising those stats all over again.

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

Maybe, if I felt like it, I really don't care, I would just laugh at everyone who lost all their things and are all sobby about it :lol:

2480+ total

Definitely not. I've spent enough time getting where I am now, sure, I enjoyed it but it's definitely not worth it to do it again.

jfacsig01ti4.jpg

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I-

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference.

Would quit in an instant.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

I think i would still play. It would be interesting, but i would hate losing those years of work just to have to do it again.

It would be quite good in some ways though, there wouldnt be thousands of maxed out players and everyone would be racing to 99. I would deffinately not want it to happen though!

P2P offers more and better ways of making money than f2p. That's one of the cons you just have to play with if you don't feel like having 1 bigmac meal less per month.

Resetting everyone would definitely be interesting. You would need completely different money making strategies than if you were just to make a level 3 account as the game is now, Simply because there wouldn't be all that GP just floating around; so you couldn't for example just powercraft fire runes to 44 and make natures for cash, as no-one else has the GP to buy them :shock:

half_dead.png

Yes.

My goal is to get 200M in all skills.

My Tip.it interview: http://tip.it/runescape/?times=640

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RsSuomi

I play Private Off most of the time but please send me private message here on Tip.it if you want to say or ask something.

i think alot of people would still play, but not the original, the people that have played pre RS2. Thats like 5-6 years work on an account, losing it all would be alot to take, and not be taken well in my opinion. Howeve those who have not been playing as long i tink would be very eager to start over, because like with the launch of a new skill, there is a mad rush of people trying to be famous for being number one, personally i wouldnt carry on, and would welcome a rest if it got me off the game lol

emrea.png

emrea.gif

At the beggining of the game, armor like mith and addy would be rare. People would dream of getting Rune Armor. It would be a month or two before dragon armor/weapons come onto the market. Rares would be gone. EVERYTHING!

How would people get the monney to buy million gp worth items?

Anyway, yeah it would give me a chance to be the first to be the best. :D

i hope these autoers are ready cause here comes tztok-JaGeX!!!

No.

:cry:

Yes.

:D

No.

:cry:

Resetting everyone would definitely be interesting. You would need completely different money making strategies than if you were just to make a level 3 account as the game is now, Simply because there wouldn't be all that GP just floating around; so you couldn't for example just powercraft fire runes to 44 and make natures for cash, as no-one else has the GP to buy them :shock:

My thoughts exactly.

Training my pure!

dddog6.png