If They Reset RuneScape... would you still play??

honeo

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would so totally play as long as we keep the music and emotes

(im just a freak)(one of the main reasons i want to become member is the emotes and music ::' )

so many things i could do as a noob :thumbsup:

totallvl900ge9.jpg

Woot! Got total lvl 900 in f2p!

I would stay. But if there isn't enough people remaining to play, I would go. Besides, there are other free MMOs out there now.

Why do you resist? My experiments are only helping humanity push the boundaries of the Art of Toxicology... you should be proud to be one of my victims.

~Toxicologist~

At first no.

But it would be nice 'playing' the game. Having to work for everyone instead of buying it from other players. It would be challenging.

So maybe....

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

At first no.

But it would be nice 'playing' the game. Having to work for everyone instead of buying it from other players. It would be challenging.

So maybe....

Yeah, then the game wouldn't be so easy, that's what I am trying to get at basically. The game will actually be challenging.

Training my pure!

dddog6.png

No way Jos̮̩̉̉.

I've wasted too much time on RS as it is, I would never start all over again and invest the same amount of time getting the same levels in the same skills. I'd rather play a new game to discover instead.

Most likely not. In fact I would be happy for Jagex to do that, then I can stop bothering with RS for good and get on with something else. :P

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

The main question of this topic is, if they deleted every player, every item, every piece of gold from the game, would you still play? This means remaking your account, training your skills, and gaining back all the items/GP you lost. Would you be up for the challenge?

I know many people restart and see what it is like remaking an account from scratch and they say it really isn't that bad. Yet I also know people that wouldn't want to start a new account if their life depended on it.

My personal opinion, I still would play! I would sign up, and play the game from scratch again. It would be interesting... At the beggining of the game, armor like mith and addy would be rare. People would dream of getting Rune Armor. It would be a month or two before dragon armor/weapons come onto the market. Rares would be gone. EVERYTHING!

What do you think the prices would be like? Essence being 300 ea? Mith scimmy's being 50k+? Rune armor being in the millions? Law runes being 5k ea? Who knows! It would be quite interesting.

Enough of my rambling, let's hear your thoughts.

-Kyle

You know, this sounds a lot like runescape classic back in 2001. Imagine less inventory spaces, fatigue slowing you down, no bank to help you level. Imagine much less players so items cost more, and the rarity of good level armor because there were a select few players who could make it. Rune was just a thought for a while, because nobody had a high enough level to make it. At one point, steel scimitars were a great way of making money- just look at the archives of this website's news. Anyway, I seem to be rambling, so my answer to the question would be "yes".

Kiss my axe.

Flushing all my items? Sure, why not. Flushing all my skills? I think I'll pass.

If we were all playing a beta version of the game, then I'll understand the reason for account resets but not for a game that's been "live" for a few years. Doing account resets would just be corporate suicide for Jagex.

celestrana.png

celestrana.png

Knowledge is Power; a Tip.it guide answers many commonly asked questions.

~Celestrana: Making of a Hero ~ (Visit my blog, today!)

I'd just train one skill a lot so I could be # 1 in it. I actually had a dream that happened. I actually got the name Zezima (Lmao) and I was number 1 in construction. There were people already with whips, ahrims, and firecapes. And I was thinking "PMG!' Was crazy and felt so real, I had to log back on to see everything was still the same. :oops:

That was like 6 months ago though/