My own curiosity scares me

Myridden

Well I dont know exactly where to start so I'll just say this, I'm a very curious person and I like reading about supernatural/unexplained mysterious. So I read those books, videos, anything about them.

But, when its night time I get freaked out and have nightmares about all the unexplained stuff I read (ghosts, "the mothman",etc.) and I vow that I dont read one again, but my curiousity beats me and I cant help reading one of those books :wall: !! And the whole cycles repeats itself again and again and again.

So I was just wondering if this happens to any of you guys?

"I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally." -W. C. Fields

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, I steer clear of King and scary movies :thumbsup: . Makes the dark much more enjoyable :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

It happens to a lot of people. It's dark and everything, you hear a noise or see a movement, then your mind starts racing because you don't know what it was. You want to make sense of it so you come up with your own explanations for it - just those explanations often are pretty illogical. My advice is to just acknowledge that you're overreacting, and convince yourself these things don't exist.

i've seen alot of creditable shows, books, and people that claim to have seen supernatural things (alot more un-creditable btw) but i just remember that everything has to have some scientific explantion, 'supernatural' is a fancy way of saying 'smoke and mirrors' your eyes were merely tricked

such as the Bermuda triangle, the reason ships and planes crash is becasue of the methane vents in the area make the water and air density lower sinking the ships and planes

legends2.jpg

Images from scary movies will haunt me for weeks. Anything from torture to a bloody bath tub will haunt my mind for days.

But I embrace curiosity, for curiosity is not a sin, but you must exercise caution.

pyroqe6.jpg

Me doing staff.

To beat a fear, you have to face it.

Stare into a picture of something that scares you, or think of a concept that scares you, imagine it happening to you, imagine you acting the way you would want to act in that situation. Just imagine it, until you become familiar with it, and it does not scare you anymore.

2480+ total

I love reading books on, or watching the History chanel on all these supernatural stuff and UFO's...

I often watch these at night becuase it interest me and i cant turn the TV off..but also..i have this thrill for scaring my self..i like to scare myself then over come it...problay why i am not afraid of the dark or ghost is because i know I have something that is way more powerful then any ghost to believe in and will always protect me..(God if you didnt know) So yea...But i love to scare my self..i find it thrilling lol.. \'

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg

I feel like such a sissy everytime I see a really scary movie and I get all jumpy walking to my car or going out back in the dark. It took me weeks to recover from The 6th Sense (I was like 10 or 11).

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

I usually just shrug stuff off, I completely forget about it soon after seeing/reading it unless I find it really interesting, in which case the fear is driven away by enthusiastic thoughts :thumbsup:

p2gq.jpg

I can give you some pretty good titles if you want some names :P

Don't read them at night time, read them during the day and follow up with a fun activity.

Listen to some good music before bed, or watch a funny movie, play a computer game, anything really

Just don't read then go to bed and think about it.

If you do need to think about it, don't think about it in your bed.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Nah, I steer clear of King and scary movies :thumbsup: . Makes the dark much more enjoyable :P .

The Shining is so damn good though.

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

Reading about supernatural stories and stuff can be quite interesting but there's really nothing to it. The Bermuda triangle for example (or any of the "vile vortices"), there's really no evidence to say that there are more missing ships in that region than any other area of sea with the same amount of "traffic". As for "ghosts" and stuff, go visit a supposedly haunted place, nothing will happen. (belive me).

I have yet to see anything supernatural that made me belive in the paranormal. Everything can either be explained logically or even if it is unexplained, that doesnt mean that therefor it must have been a ghost/alien.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

If you want answers to the spirit realm, I suggest picking up the Bible.

All the rest of the junk out there has no idea what they are talking about.

I bet you 100% that all the stories are "unexplained", nothing pure fact.

I could make up stories like that all day in my head.. Hmm where to start.. how about a ghost that likes to make friends.. DOH.. they already made casper..

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

Why just the Bible? How about the Koran or Torah or Dominos new takeway menu? All equally as valid... or invalid as the case may be.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Why just the Bible? How about the Koran or Torah or Dominos new takeway menu? All equally as valid... or invalid as the case may be.

Because as he said in the other thread "all the others are just talking rubbish".

Signature3.gif

With so many trees in the city you could see the spring coming each day until a night of warm wind would bring it suddenly in one morning. Sometimes the heavy cold rains would beat it back so that it would seem that it would never come and that you were losing a season out of your life. But you knew that there would always be the spring as you knew the river would flow again after it was frozen. When the cold rains kept on and killed the spring, it was as though a young person had died for no reason. In those days though the spring always came finally but it was frightening that it had nearly failed.

I'm sorry I didn't realise that Defender2516 was the actual word of God on earth and didn't know that he had the authority to make that claim until now. thanks

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

I'm sorry I didn't realise that Defender2516 was the actual word of God on earth and didn't know that he had the authority to make that claim until now. thanks

Your words, not mine.

Besides, by your point of view, it is only my opinion, no need to fear opinions, do we now?

~Defender~

If you love me, send me a PM.

8 - Love me

2 - Hate me

You're not the only one, that always happens to me. i"ll watch things having to do with comntacting ghosts and making sense of horror "stories" and i know it'll scare the hell outta me but i do it anyway. :ohnoes: Can't help it. The old saying ''Curiousity killed the cat" also comes into play though. So maybe it's good to be overly curious.. :uhh:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

sounds like your the kind of person that is into "experimentation" :-k

jokes :) i think some of those kind of things are alright but in most cases it gets a bit too far away from reality

gladz.png

Proud Retired Council of The Gladiatiorz

Click here for our website - 110+ F2P Combat Requirements

I do the exact same!! I read a book of conspiracies, and i couldnt sleep because i thought an alien would burst through the window, and probe me..... :shock:

I also saw an episode of Most Haunted and i was hiding under my duvet for a night :oops:

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)