I think I'm depressed....

britrockdude

Okay, so I'm usually an optimistic person, with a great outlook on life. Then all of a sudden last weekend, I started just feeling so helpless.

I mean, the worlds going to pot, I wake up at 5:30 during the weekdays, go to work, and get home to my wife about 4:45. Geez! Thats nearly 12 hours of the day!

My job, thats another story. I work for Apple, and have done in the past, but for some reason, somebody whos never worked at apple, whos younger than me, got the position that pays ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâã2 ($4) more an hour and we're doing the exact same things in the job! Makes me feel quite humiliated actually.

I dunno, I just don't want life to be like this. I mean, I'm not afraid to die, but I feel there's some purpose for me to be here. Still, I've wondered recently if it's really all worth it.

I think it might be something physical as it came out of the blue, but I could be wrong, maybe I'm just down. Has anybody dealt with depression before? Anybody know what it's like? I just want to know about other people's experiences.

dragonmdefault,britrockdude.gif

Main Goal; To have all skills 50+

My avatar is: The Shins- Oh Inverted World

I got diagnosed with an illness last year that had me blue for a while but I got over it pretty quick. You just gotta remember you have it so much better than a lot of other people, and everything has a bright side. Don't worry, be happy.

phx.jpg

Gamertag: King Arizona

I'd talk to your boss and ask why the other guy getting payed more :P

....But 5:30 in the morning is early O.o

Also, i know what helps!!

Call in a sickie one day and go do what you want for a day, something really fun/nice/relaxing :D (i did it once. helped me quite a bit 8-) )

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

I got diagnosed with an illness last year that had me blue for a while but I got over it pretty quick. You just gotta remember you have it so much better than a lot of other people, and everything has a bright side. Don't worry, be happy.

Eh, that's never helped for me in the past :| . That kind of made it worse in fact, like feeling like you don't have a right to be unhappy.

Find something fun to do would be my best bet. Something to really take your mind off things ::' .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

If you're that worried about the pay ask your manager or boss about it. If you've been there a while you probably know the guy decently.

It just sounds like your stressed and tired honestly. Anyones going to get tired of that routine in and out. I'd say take a vacation if you can with your wife. Have some fun and come back to work renewed.

Hm. I think I can relate a bit. Some times I feel a bit pointless as well. But then I complain a bit about it, do something fun and kind of get over it. I've got it like once in half a year or something, for a day or two. Just take a coupla days off and do something fun with with the missus, and you should feel better already. If not, maybe you could go talk to someone who's more 'classified' for this type of stuff.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

You have a house, a home, a wife and a job for Apple.

Cars? Pets? Friends?

All sounds rather nice to me :wink:

Maybe talk to your manager, team leader, boss, or whoever deals with finance payments about your problem? I'm sure they'd understand.

And, In all fair honesty, you're growing up.

It's something you'll have to deal with until you retire.

Everyone successful person goes though it in their lifetime.

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

Find some sort of validation - your reason to live. Like get a hobby that you really like and give it your all. Or have a child. Or do SOMETHING with your life that you've always wanted to do. You'll regret it later if you don't, because you'll die eventually. You're obviously not content where you are now, so try to fix it.

sigon4.jpg

handed me TWO tissues to clear up. I was like "i'm going to need a few more paper towels than that luv"

just htink theyres always someone worse off than you, like my dad.

he wakes up at 4:30 every morning, gets home at like 6pm every night and he never complains once, he is always in a happy mood and maybe you should think about what is going good for you in life, and keep thinking aboutit to keep u motivated, and you have a wife and play runescape? *no comment* maybe quit rs and spend some more time with the wife... help around the house... the girls love it apparently and they repay you handsomely later on... :lol: so yeh hope i helped

if not... mehh im onyl 14 wadda i know.

Do something you like during the days you don't work and do something with the Mrs. After you get off work do something you really enjoy or something that's entertaining. It'll keep you a reason to live through the day/s. :wink:

Remember always to make the best out of everything and enjoy life.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

That job isn't your life. If it's stressing you out, making you tired and in irritable moods, leave it. Make sure you have a new job to go to before you leave. You should ask yourself if there are ways you can make it better for yourself before you consider this an option though.

When things make you depressed, they don't have to be that way. Knock down the wall and find another option.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Ask for a raise, and be polite about it (dont mention the other guys paycheck). Maybe he is getting paid more than you because he is more qualified, that usually happens, same job but who ever has the better education usually get paid more.

Sorry your feeling blue, but the fact that you realize your problem means its probably not just depression but your having some outlook on your life. Like somone said, it might be a good idea to take a day off and do what you want (dont play rs all day, thats not going to help you :P). 12 Hours a day is rought, but let me tell you in college I get up at 8 and after classes, work, and hw I am usually done by 11 -12 (if no tests coming up) thats 15-16 hours, plus i do a lot hw on the weekends. If you don't like your career look for a new one, ask for a raise, or even a promotion of some sort, you can't get fired for asking. Plus you have a wife who loves your, not many people have that, not many at all.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

I think the best advice my dad ever gave me was make sure every day you have at least 20 mins of you time.

May that be walking the dog, watching cartoons you like with no distractions, be alone with your thoughts, lay in a nice warm bed, play an instrument etc.

Sometimes we make ourselves so busy that we wonder why our thoughts conflict and get us down.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

try meditation, when i was depressed for about a month i resolved it by meditating for a few hours a day so i could focus on the positive

Meditation works for some but not others. Fortunately it worked for me too.

igoddessIsig.png

I'm having one of the worst nights ever, actually.

I'll go to bed and wake up the next morning alright, I try not to let the crappy aspects of life get to me.

EDIT: You should say something about the pay thing to one of your managers.

Ghost: I am prejudice towards ignorance, so that would explain why I appear to be so.

Go or to or rent a movie and watch it with your wife, and maybe talk to her about your current situation

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

You're home by 4.45! Wow thats a LOT of time you can spend with your wife.

Theres really not much difference in getting up at 5.30 or 8.30 its not like you are going to be able to do anyhitng contructive in three hours and youd probably spend most of that sleeping. The more important time is what you get after work and youve got a ton of it. Id LOVE to be home by that time every day and im sure most other people will too. Most people dont get home until a long time after that. Im usually home about half 5. My dad doesnt usually get home til half 7. Stop whining you've got plenty of time to spend together.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I think you should be talking about this to your wife rather than us.

igoddessIsig.png

Yo, in terms of the money you're gettin' per hour, that makes no sense (from what you've said). You need to take that up with your manager.

Have you considered that age has nothing to do with it? The OP apparently hasn't either. The other guy was probably better educated or more qualified in some way, so they pay him more. It's how life works. Shouldn't have slacked off in school. :P

The popularity of any given religion today depends on the victories of the wars they fought in the past.

- Me!

Yo, in terms of the money you're gettin' per hour, that makes no sense (from what you've said). You need to take that up with your manager.

Have you considered that age has nothing to do with it? The OP apparently hasn't either. The other guy was probably better educated or more qualified in some way, so they pay him more. It's how life works. Shouldn't have slacked off in school. :P

Well, you're right. I was looking at the situation through the information he had given. Those things had crossed my mind, but they were just assumptions, so I didn't mention them.

But no, I wouldn't be surprised if you were correct. :P