Why are there yew trees in F2P?

lordkafei

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Simply a stupid idea to me, I won't even bother to say what the other ones said.

Well, I will keep it alive.

You all keep harping on the bots and improved bot detection. But, as I keep repeating: it's not just bots. It's also about all the people with low-level side characters who do all the wc on some level-3 and then drop trade to their mains.

If you do it on your main or on your pure, what's the difference :| Apart from the fact that drop trading is against the rules (Which I really don't understand?), what's wrong with it?...

Oh wait, I just understood what you meant... Nevermind this last part.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

First, there is the domino effect. IF you remove yews, bots will move to other things and eventually they might as well remove F2P altogether. My second comment is that the analogy is not nearly so flawed as you think. Yews are not necessary, but neither are automobiles.

Ah yes, the dreaded "domino effect."

As has been stated earlier in the thread (scroll back), I also think f2p mining should stop at iron ore, and f2p fishing can be capped at pike. Any skill you can come up that might be ruined by the dreaded "domino," I can come up with a cap.

So that's really a fruitless line of reasoning.

The crux of the matter is: I think the avenues for moneymaking on the trial version of the game should be limited - and most of you don't.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

I have to say as others have before...this is one of the worst ways to solve this problem. I spent about two solid months of woodcutting as much as I could just so I could cut yews and make some money. It's not far to punish the people like myself who actually worked hard to get where they are because some idiots would rather cheat then work for their money.

As the post above stated that Jagex should put restrictions on all that F2P's can do because it's a "trial version," that is worse than just getting rid of yews. A lot of F2P's (me included) want to train their skills to decent, respectable levels and would actually like to have a way to make money in case they want to actually become a member later on. Sure you can become a member as soon as you start playing, but it will take too long to fully enjoy it and you'll just be wasting money. I know some members who would rather go to a F2P world to get yews and such because it's less crowded by higher level players. Also, as I know others have stated before, it would destroy the Runescape economy for both F2P and P2P. Not only would the economy die because of the inflation that would happen, many of the high level F2P players would quit because of this which would also harm the whole market. I mean, F2P's don't get that much in comparison to members anyway, so why take away the few things that still make F2P worth playing?

bannerbancocopiadj3.jpg

Heres a hammer, some planks and a few nails, now all you gotta do is build a bridge and get over it.

Id Suge- Latin for "Suck It"

this is about as stupid as that guy who wanted to put a level 40 cap on f2p

seriously, this wouldn't just annoy free players, it would piss off almost every single member who buys yews off honest cutters. There is absolutely noone agreeing with you.

As for your "F2P is a trial argument"

we could look at that from a different angle; "F2P is the main game, P2P is an expansion"

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

... Also, as I know others have stated before, it would destroy the Runescape economy for both F2P and P2P. Not only would the economy die because of the inflation that would happen, many of the high level F2P players would quit because of this which would also harm the whole market. I mean, F2P's don't get that much in comparison to members anyway, so why take away the few things that still make F2P worth playing?

The "economy" is not some sacred thing that has to preserved as is. F2P characters aren't entitled to make piles of money. P2P characters aren't entitled to purchase piles of yews @ 300 each.

You honestly don't need that much money in the trial portion of the game.

this is about as stupid as that guy who wanted to put a level 40 cap on f2p

Capping F2P is an intriguing idea, but I don't totally agree. If some F2P player wants to 99 wc on oaks or normal trees, more power to him. It's all the real-world trading and drop trading that I am against.

... There is absolutely noone agreeing with you.

I do not base my opinions on whether the majority of people agree. Please see: argumentum ad populum, since you can't seem to be troubled to read the entire thread.

PvP is not for me

Adding an army of level 10 Dark Wizards around every yew tree, fishing spot above Lobster (except those that need difficult quests), the Essence Mine, the Sawmill, and the Mage Arena Bank would work a lot better than taking away one of the only ways F2Pers can make money.

So no support.

Oddment1.png

As I've said earlier in this post, why don't we make this whole thing a lot simpler. Instead of punishing everyone who tries to make money as f2p by cutting yew trees, why don't we just...

RESET ALL LEVEL THREE ACCOUNTS!!!!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

This way we only punish the macroers... and maybe some pure skillers who like having low combat levels :-k :oops:

If this doesn't work, we could always use my other suggestion:

OFFICIAL LEVEL THREE PKING DAY!!!!!! :twisted: :thumbsup: :twisted:

this is probably the worst idea ever!! absolutely no support! jagex talks about macroers ruining the game for the real players but i think they actually mean u r trying to ruin the game for the real players

Adding an army of level 10 Dark Wizards around every yew tree, fishing spot above Lobster (except those that need difficult quests), the Essence Mine, the Sawmill, and the Mage Arena Bank would work a lot better than taking away one of the only ways F2Pers can make money.

So no support.

this is also a bad idea because what about all the skillers like me out there who would just be killed when they tryed to make money?

Real players shouldn't have to give up f2p things just because there are some stupid people out there ruining it for the rest of us.

I can't be a member all the time, so i wouldn't be happy if f2p became barely anything. It needs yews just as much as it needs swordies, adamantine rocks and rune armour.

cchaosdemonsig.jpg

i suport this idea. i dont think that there is any other way to completly remove macros... Jagex thought: hey, they cant get past these random events that we'll make! but then the macros are programed to run away from them... so i think the best way to get rid of macros it to simply get rid of their point in being here, wich is to make money. all you have to do is take away the yews, the willows, and the oaks that are so close to the bank and the general store, and the macroers wont make money, so theyll go away.

they wont just make fishing macros, there isnt a bank near lobs and sordies. they couldnt mine, but that wouldnt make nearly as much money and it would be much harder to make a macro for it.

so yea... take out the yew trees!

whiteknightyu9.png

yeata7.png

won1ew3.png

Snake6man.png

Whats your average lv? viewtopic.php?t=615571&start=0&pos

What?! Only mining up to iron?! Are you mad?! (no offence) There are barely any mining autoers! I mined 5600 coal down there and I didn't see one autoer.

Yew Autoers:

I know you are trying to best to get rid of autoers, but this isn't the right way to do it. They will probably move onto willows. Then willows will be removed. Then oaks, then guess what? Normal trees? Oh god.. Economy crash anyone?

j0xPu5R.png

This is a horrible Idea!! Even with the autos, just get 65+ wc on another kind of tree, then cut on the same tree as the autos! They almost always have 60-61 wc before they get banned, so you'll still get a lot of logs. I use to do this as f2p, and it worked just fine! the only bad thing is, the autos are spreading into p2p...

F2P is supposed to be a trial of the main game. A trial version of RuneScape doesn't need higher level means of making money. Willows are high enough for you to decide if you want to pursue woodcutting more seriously; trout and salmon are enough for you to decide if fishing is your bag and bronze bars are enough for you to get the finer points of smithing.

lol smithing bronze bars. do you realize how long that would take to even get into the 60's with bronze bars?!?!?! heh it would take about 700k bronze bars to get lvl 99 smithing. removing the top level resources in f2p makes skilling sooooo much harder. :shame:

seriously and awful idea. Ever heard the term "cut off your nose to spite your face"? Jagex would be hurting itself more than it would the macroers.

1 way of slowing the macroers down would be to introduce a new quest. A really easy one sorta like "A new illness has hit Runescape and it's killing all the yew trees" and you have to complete the quest to be able to cut them. A the quest would be easy but random. Just like the oracle in Dragon Slayer, you have to get 4 random things and bring them to someone (wize old man?) so that he can cure the trees. It would mean that a human (who could read english) would actually ahve to complete the quest so it would require a lot more effort on behalf of the macroers.

Alternatively you could move all yew to the wildy!!! Wouldn't that be fun :thumbsup:

i actually think that this idea for a quest would help stop, or atleast slow down, the bots :thumbup:

seriously and awful idea. Ever heard the term "cut off your nose to spite your face"? Jagex would be hurting itself more than it would the macroers.

1 way of slowing the macroers down would be to introduce a new quest. A really easy one sorta like "A new illness has hit Runescape and it's killing all the yew trees" and you have to complete the quest to be able to cut them. A the quest would be easy but random. Just like the oracle in Dragon Slayer, you have to get 4 random things and bring them to someone (wize old man?) so that he can cure the trees. It would mean that a human (who could read english) would actually ahve to complete the quest so it would require a lot more effort on behalf of the macroers.

Alternatively you could move all yew to the wildy!!! Wouldn't that be fun :thumbsup:

i actually think that this idea for a quest would help stop, or atleast slow down, the bots :thumbup:

+1.. they quest could be called "yew mysteries" or soemthing like that

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

What?! Only mining up to iron?! Are you mad?! (no offence) There are barely any mining autoers! I mined 5600 coal down there and I didn't see one autoer.

Well, some people are dead certain that if there are no yews for autoers, that those autoers would move to ores and fishes to make money.

For the rest of you: why must you keep addressing only macroers? You all keep posting your solutions that will take care of all the autoers - but it's not just autoers that are the problem.

I am stuck on a thread full of Cleopatras - denial, denial, denial.

PvP is not for me

why must you keep addressing only macroers? You all keep posting your solutions that will take care of all the autoers - but it's not just autoers that are the problem.

Yes it is just the autoers that are the problem. If there were no macroers, would you still be proposing this idea? It is a lot easier to get level 60 woodcutting on a high level account than on a pure skiller (access to better willow cutting places etc.) so I really doubt your "drop trading from skillers to main" problem is as big as you're making out.

And for the love of god, please stop reusing the phrase " argumentum ad populum". It didn't work the first 9 times, I doubt it's going to work now.

And if you do insist on using it, can you please understand it? Simply put it means "Just because loads of people say something, it doesn't make it true". What it DOES NOT MEAN is "If only one person is saying something, that automatically makes it true"

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

Lets say for a moment yews are removed from F2p, what is stopping these macroers/autoers from moving onto iron ore, coal or lobsters (if they haven't already)?

What would be your next proposed solution/suggestion? That we remove lobsters, iron ore & coal from F2p?

scarsrl0.jpg

Thanks to WithTheQuickness for the sig!

He has already stated that that's a good idea to him. What he DOESN'T realize is that if you remove everything of value from f2p, then not only does Jagex lose a great deal of potential members, but also has all those macroers (which take up a vast majority of the ones who do this) move to members, which would piss off a good deal of current members on 2 fronts; more difficulty getting what they need and the loss of their friends who can't pay for members. But, alas, he's not smart enough to realize that. Ah, well, can't expect everyone to meet the age requirement to play runescape (13+).

You never know which rabbit hole you jump into will lead to Wonderland. - Ember3579

Aku Soku Zan. - Shinsengumi

You wanna mess with me or my friends? Pick your poison.

If you have any complaints about me, please refer to this link. Your problems are important to me.

Don't talk smack if you're not willing to say it to the person's face. On the same line, if you're not willing to back up your opinions no matter what, your opinion may as well be nonexistent.