12 June 07 - Guaranteed Content Poll Results

Mamong

After over a week's voting, the next Achievement Diary has gone to... Varrock! It was the runaway winner, and we will begin work on it right away.

Those who have read our Development Diary will know that game additions can take a long time to brief, programme, test, and go through many other stages of development, so please be patient for its release.

Many thanks go to those who voted. The feedback has been positive and the number of votes impressive, meaning we plan to do another Guaranteed Content poll in the near future.

So, looks like Varrock won the votes because of it's makeover. Shame, I was hoping for a Fremmenik (sp) win.

Mamong.png

336489.jpg

[Tip.It Mod][Retired][Add your Steam name here!]

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

surprising :roll:

it was a mistake to have this poll so close after the Varrock update, it was bound to sway the vote. Who knows.. maybe that was their intention all along. I know that 90% of tif and anyone with half a brain voted for fremmy.

red-mask-sig.gif?t=1238621802

MSSW4Banner.gif

it was a mistake to have this poll so close after the Varrock update, it was bound to sway the vote. Who knows.. maybe that was their intention all along. I know that 90% of tif and anyone with half a brain voted for fremmy.

I know I did.. And what interesting tasks does Varrock have? I hope they surprise me.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Apparently the makeover did sway the vote, but don't forget that many of the population can't/won't go to a lot of the places listed.

Anyone with a brain larger than that of half a rodent voted for fremmy. Pity the majority of the rs population has the brain processing power of a pretzel...

Don't be mean. To the pretzels, that is.

i did not vote for varrock or fremennik, but for burthorpe

anyway, i think it will have something like: go to rune essence mine, go to varrock sewer and catch rats, feed the stray dog bones...

Guest Lue_Dogs

fremnick places have already been expanded on so much, another good addition would be nice, i mean they have dag kings and special own island, i dont see how fremmy wasnt the choice.

Totally agree :? I also voted for Relekka, it's such a massive place (with all the islands) that there oculd be alot of things to do there, varock has the woodyard and dark wizard circle? :lol:

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

I voted fremmy.

However, the majority of the rs population have never seen anything else than lumbridge yew trees and varrock sword shop.

So IÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâôm afraid that the "Guaranteed Content Polls" Will always be in favor of the low levels..

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

Totally agree :? I also voted for Relekka, it's such a massive place (with all the islands) that there oculd be alot of things to do there, varock has the woodyard and dark wizard circle? :lol:

Maybe one of the tasks will be to lure a lvl 15 to the dark wiz circle :D

But seriosly, i do hope they gonna surprise us cause currently i dont realy see anything speciel to do there.

ok i didn't vote for varrock tbh i don't remember what i voted :XD:

but let's make the best of it... LET'S MAKE AN IDEA LIST!

quote the following and post your ideas for the tasks;

The list!

Easy:

make a plank at the sawmill

Kill a moss giant in the varrock sewer

Medium:

Hard:

complete the varrock museum "minigame"

win a fight in the rat pit

get some ideas ppl! <3:

Played since February 2001

alexrn2vh6.jpg

13th to 30 hunting

firemaking cape achieved 6th August 2008_-_-_-_Quest cape achieved 19th August 2009

Hard

Kill the mugger? I mean come one, there ARE no hard tasks in Varrock.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I think it is great, that Varrock is next on the list. Nothing to do you say? Yes nothing atm. So this means that Jagex will have to introduce some good updates in Varrock area, before releasing new AD. New high level monster deep in Varrock sewers, new minigame/s and so on. Releasing AD on existing basis would be a mistake, and I think Jagex knows that meaning they will work hard to improve Varrock area and introduce new things. Just hope I'm not wrong :ohnoes:

I was really suprised that I saw Varrock is leading.

I voted to fremmenik, too...

100 Combat , 999th to 99 cooking, 99 Fletching, 99 Hunter , 1850+ total

Buying : Irit seeds 1k each, Candantine seeds 5k each, and Kwarum seeds 12k each

Champions guild cannot be an assignment as some (although not very many) people will have completed it already. Same goes for the museum. How can it be a hard assignment if it is something that I have already done?

Besides, if they do put champion challenges in, they will have to make the drop rates a lot more reasonable for monsters. I have killed (probably) thousands of goblins for example and no challenge scroll. My only one is from lessers (mainly due to the amount of times that I got assigned them on slayer).

I still cannot think of one genuinely hard task for varrock. medium tasks could be things like convert mahogany logs to planks, discover a ruby necklace at the museum, or dig at the digsite.

Nothing really challenging at all though. They should have included Falador in with Varrock so there would have been a lot more things to do / more variation.

curanir1.png

Best Barrows Chest: guth skirt, dh helm, dh axe, racks, gp (23/08/06); best tt reward: robin, guthix helm, guthix legs, nats, rune legs