*!* In RS, what do friends mean to you? *!*

Tijger2099

As we all know Runescape is a MMO, which means that you play with alot of other people at the same time, easy as that. During your rs carreer, lasting from a few weeks to a few years you have obviously met quiet alot of people, probably thousands. When you get some of these people to know better you become friends, maybe for a few days, or maybe even years.

Except with just chatting with one another when you get bored there's lots of other things that you have probably done together, quests, minigames and....training skills. (however it seems that with certain skills we prefer to be alone rather than having people around :P).

Without friends I guess you wouldn't have been playing rs for as long as you are playing now, at least I wouldn't. I can't seem to step away from rs, since to me it means leaving my friends I've known for years.

So know for the discussion, what do friends mean in RS mean to you?

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People who can back me up when i find an arrogant team in cw :XD:

Without friends, rs would be boring, as you wouldn't be able to talk about rs with anybody really.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I had a lot of friends but slowly they either forgot who I was/thought I was wierd all of a sudden (wth?) or stopped playing.So now I only have a couple of friends but without friends I agree I probably would stop playing because skilling with people is fun!(sometimes)

fallygenstorezz9.gif

Well, I've always been a loner :oops: , so the only people that I have on my friends list are my clanmates and a couple of my pk teams. Friends in Runescape aren't a necessity, I've done pretty well without them, I don't find playing RS in isolation boring, as I usually just talk to random people while Skilling.

So, friends in RS don't mean much to me, just a source of entertainment. :twisted:

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I guess the type of friend best suited for you is a person who likes the mini games\skills you do, so you can play and train together. Importantly someone who's financially stable (if they are not, they will be more likely to scam you somehow).

randomkcopyq.png

Actualy for about 3 years of game play I have made only 3 real friends on runescape. With whoom even after i stoped playing i still chat via IM and we have a good time. Others were just like hey you leaving van i have your rares can i have your acc and stufff.

[Admin Edit: Referrals are not permitted on the Tip.it Forums]

Well, I've always been a loner :oops: , so the only people that I have on my friends list are my clanmates and a couple of my pk teams. Friends in Runescape aren't a necessity, I've done pretty well without them, I don't find playing RS in isolation boring, as I usually just talk to random people while Skilling.

So, friends in RS don't mean much to me, just a source of entertainment. :twisted:

Chatting with players for a long time while on for example a slayer assignment can also be called friends in someway :P

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

As we all know Runescape is a MMO, which means that you play with alot of other people at the same time, easy as that. During your rs carreer, lasting from a few weeks to a few years you have obviously met quiet alot of people, probably thousands. When you get some of these people to know better you become friends, maybe for a few days, or maybe even years.

Except with just chatting with one another when you get bored there's lots of other things that you have probably done together, quests, minigames and....training skills. (however it seems that with certain skills we prefer to be alone rather than having people around :P).

Without friends I guess you wouldn't have been playing rs for as long as you are playing now, at least I wouldn't. I can't seem to step away from rs, since to me it means leaving my friends I've known for years.

So know for the discussion, what do friends mean in RS mean to you?

Friends don't mean much to me in RS at all... I'm very much of a solo players. Sure, I have loads of people on my friends list but I hardly ever talk to them. I'm not arrogant I just usually have MSN/Forums etc running all at the same time and I find it hard to chat on RS whilst doing

everything else.

- Denic.

When I played friends were cool...they helped me a lot when I played, without em' I woulda always died while training on axes, and not had as near as much fun.. haha.. there are like 4 that I still talk to today even though I quit a long time ago... (hehasnoidea, raver 3, leylen, and i GUESS you can count jakiss)

Formly known as TheKat146.

Retired in 2003 on RSC at combat level 111 <3

Friends make the game fun, without em itd suck.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Well, I break my friends down into three categories:

1. Best friends - Only have 3 of these, and I met them long before Runescape when I used to work for a Neopets help site like 6 years ago.

2. Acquaintences - These are the people I met who are really nice and just fun to talk to. Sometimes they tip over into category 3, sometimes not.

3. My "Hook-Ups" - These are the people I rarely talk to, but will use for help. For example, I have a person with 99 Smithing and a person with 99 Crafting who I will have make me things when I need them. (Like furies, Rune Hachets from Runite Bars I get while I slay, etc) And in return, I make them potions, sell them slayer drops, let them use my gilded altar, etc.

Of course, there's those temporary people you add who you are making a trade with or something of the sort, but I don't count them since they get deleted from my list immediately after I am done with them.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png