Has King Black Dragon lost it's crown? (A Real Discussion)

Latinoking

Taken from Tip.it Bestiary

Name: King Black Dragon

Race: Dragon

Level: 276

Hits: 240

Ratio: 0.87

Habitat: King Black Dragon lair, go down the ladder guarded by Lesser Demons just west of the Lava Maze in the wilderness.

Notes: This monster has 3 heads, and each uses different breaths. The fire breath will lower your stats, and hit heavy damage. The poison breath will poison you and hit heavy damage. The ice breath will freeze you on the spot, so you cannot move, it will also do damage. This monster can hit above 40 hp of damage and from very long distances (breath is long ranged).

If you have protect from magic, Anti firebreath potion, and the anti-dragonbreath shield, you will absorb most of the fire attacks.

To fight it, you must always bring: Firebreath shield, as much armour as you can, stat restore potions, antipoison potions, super sets to boost your stats, anti-firebreath potion, prayer restore, and a full inventory of food. Do not use a cannon, as it will be destroyed.

Best Drops: Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Left Piece, KBD Head, Draconic Visage

Picture:

kbd1.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Mithril Dragon

Race: Dragon

Level: 304

Hits: 254

Ratio: 0.84

Habitat: The Ancient Cavern, near the Baxtorian Falls

Notes: "Experimenting with mithril gone bad!"

This creature is the only monster to drop the Dragon full helm.

An antidragon shield is an absolute must when facing these monsters, and a dragonfire shield is recommended! Highly defensive armour that gives a good magic defence bonus and "Protect from Melee" are also strongly advised - these monsters are known to rip through players with 99 defence and Barrows armour! Prayer-boosting equipment may also be helpful. Their magic and ranged attacks can hit a maximum of 18 damage so be wary when standing at a distance. When standing next to them they do not use their ranged attack, only magic, dragonfire, and melee.

Mithril dragons are immune to poison (unless poisoned by the "Smoke Barrage" spell) and can sometimes drop multiple items at once, especially with clues.

*The Ancient page can be added to the notebook you acquire from Otto. They shed more light on the mysterious Mithril Door.

Best Drops: Dragon Med Helm, Dragon Left Piece, Draconic Visage, and Dragon Full Helm

Picture:mithril_dragon.gif

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The King Black Dragon, or KBD to his friends, is an ancient, huge, mean, vicious, near-undefeatable, and downright unsociable master of all dragons

Ok Mithril Dragon is the first Dragon to have a higher level then King Black Dragon. It seems that now most tip.iters think that Jagex is going to go up to Rune Dragon in some years. If Jagex was to continue this trend then wouldn't King Black Dragon be weaker then some of it's metal counter-parts? King Black Dragon isn't even a popluar monster now and days. Some call him easy to kill and not worth going into the wild for. So has the King of all Dragon lost it's crown and throne for being top Dragon? Should he be stronger or should a new "Queen" Dragon take place of being the top Dragon? Discuss

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think jagex just need to beef up the kbd soon. Raise his levels and attacks, his defence too. Make it so that a team of at least 2 is needed.

Then give the kbd a new specific drop. The next dragon drop maybe. Something to bring back his glory.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

To make him alot harder they could just have him hit through protect from melle sometimes. And maybe up hit level to the 300s.

Maybe up his drops a bit because people used to kill him for drag meds but now what do they kill him for? :-k

Omega.gif

Thanks Yaff2 for the sig^,^

mithrills cant be teamed... and if you have a time like showed in the pic... you can kill the kbd 100 times a trip...

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

It was just about time when we got something stronger than the old poor kbd. The thing is so weak and located in an area where big clans literally 1-2 hit him during their events. Also people are generally now stronger and we got far better armours&weapons than when rs2 came (and kbd was given its current setup) so it would have been ridicilous to do a lower lvl dragon just because that thing is THE king.

signaturehoh.jpg

I'd rather die for what I believe in than live for anything else.

Name Removed by Administrator ~Turtlefemm

Or they'll make one with 5 heads, next 7 heads, 9 heads...

Getting stronger and stronger.

Or they release a new color. White Dragon?

Or they make elemental dragons?

But maybe it was a bad move to call him 'king'.

summersignature.png angel2w.gif

"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do"

[Currently playing: K1ll L1f3]

Emporer black dragon ::'

3 Heads the same as at the moment but with much higher damage, the threee extra could do three newer attacks. 1 range? 1 stuns? 1 is a vampire dragon head and heals the ebd?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Emporer black dragon ::'

3 Heads the same as at the moment but with much higher damage, the threee extra could do three newer attacks. 1 range? 1 stuns? 1 is a vampire dragon head and heals the ebd?

a king doesnt have to be the strongest around :D

runeminermb1.gif

^^ click my sig for my lesser ranging guide ^^

jwrm22: 4816th > 99 cooking 100% f2p !1172 total! + 140mil in items.

i dont play anymore... i think rs is ruined

I think its best that its no longer the greatest monster. Jagex needs to grasp the expansion of their game, and that means letting go of their focus on old creations and focus on new, better ones.

They haven't been the strongest monsters for years.

signaturehoh.jpg

I think its best that its no longer the greatest monster. Jagex needs to grasp the expansion of their game, and that means letting go of their focus on old creations and focus on new, better ones.

But he is the KING of all dragons...he's kind of like a punk compared to Mithril Dragon worse if Addy and Rune were to come out. He needs improvements.

Why not get rid of the KBD and replace him with Tiamat...the ultimate dragon. It has several heads, each with its own special attack...Fire, Acid, Poison, Ice, Magic.

All you AD&D players out there know who I am talking about.

meta_mucil.png

SHHH, I am concentrating.....oh look, a paperclip!

Where was I again?

Ok Mithril Dragon is the first Dragon to have a higher level then King Black Dragon. It seems that now most tip.iters think that Jagex is going to go up to Rune Dragon in some years. If Jagex was to continue this trend then wouldn't King Black Dragon be weaker then some of it's metal counter-parts? King Black Dragon isn't even a popluar monster now and days. Some call him easy to kill and not worth going into the wild for. So has the King of all Dragon lost it's crown and throne for being top Dragon? Should he be stronger or should a new "Queen" Dragon take place of being the top Dragon? Discuss

sure, how about a level 600 Queen Green Dragon!

shoelacesareuntiedti8.jpg

Proud owner of a Quest cape!

But he is the KING of all dragons...he's kind of like a punk compared to Mithril Dragon worse if Addy and Rune were to come out. He needs improvements.

King always equals for physically strongest being?

signaturehoh.jpg

I think they have been doing too much of that for too long now. They can't just keep making new things and let everything else rot.

King always equals for physically strongest being?

Not if the King is tired and old...but the King has servants if needed. True some servants can be stronger then the King but most likely the King has more power.

He is the king of the BLACK dragons. Not metallic dragons.

He is the king of the BLACK dragons. Not metallic dragons.

thats very true actually, regular dragons and metallic dragons are not related, in fact I believe the metallic dragons were created by someone, so it would make sense that they would be in noway tied to the regular dragons.

But either way I think the kbd is becoming too weak, and that fact that another non-boss monster has surpassed it only proves it. It's becoming difficult to call the KBD a super boss.

Put that dragon on some Steroids and pump him up! Heck I wouldnt mind if they changed him back to the old ways. Changed him back to the old strong dragon he use to be.

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m