Autobuyers: The Goldfarming Community's Secret Weapon

I have a better idea: Look for ALL the accounts that use the default look and delete them.

Are you racist? You're basically saying that all black people should be erased from the planet because they're not white.

The more autoers there is, the more the game gets ruined. The only part of the game that is barely touched in many ways is p2p. There are some faults, and some macros. But generally the problem is nothing compared to f2p.

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on

Alright don't worry we'll all float on" - Isaac Brock

Days Hunting:4 - Kingly Imps Caught:2

Money Earned: 4.5-5m

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about moving runes.... like every minute or so in the shop the runes would move to a different place in the window...

omg smart that be perfect!!!!

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Hire hundreds more of Jagex mods and give them the ability to kill and insta-ban players.

Problem solved, not counting the cost it would take to hire people to do that. Although i'd do it for free. 8-)

I have a better idea: Look for ALL the accounts that use the default look and delete them.

Are you racist? You're basically saying that all black people should be erased from the planet because they're not white.

That isn't racism, it's segrigation. It's a bit different, considering you can have black and white characters and this has nothing to do with them.

How about moving runes.... like every minute or so in the shop the runes would move to a different place in the window...

Someone should suggest this to Jagex.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

Hire hundreds more of Jagex mods and give them the ability to kill and insta-ban players.

Problem solved, not counting the cost it would take to hire people to do that. Although i'd do it for free. 8-)

That isn't racism, it's segrigation. It's a bit different, considering you can have black and white characters and this has nothing to do with them.

Someone should suggest this to Jagex.

If thats all it would take... I would go round there and do it myself for free. :anxious:

I have thought of a fun solution. Jagex stops banning autoers for a month, then for one 24 period, they change the system so all the characters detected of autoing are able to be attacked outside of wild. This may not be practical, but think of how fun it would be.

Yes! YES!!! BWAHAHAHA!!! :twisted:

More realistically, its unpractical, because a lot of non-bot players would get caught in it, almost guaranteed

I always thought of the vigilante bot-banner mods. Maybe a new class of moderators? Perhaps a thousand or so hand-picked players (like player-mods) could patrol sites crowded with macroers and bots, once or twice a day. These players could instantly suspend accounts, and jagex could delete them, or restore them if they were legit. Nearly everyone in the entire runescape community would leap for a job like that....

And i like the shifting icons idea. But im not sure if thatd be enough to stop bots.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Look at my idea people <.< this is the only way to get rid of autoers not some retarted ideas as having having special "mods" , more mugglers, banning all default people, casting tele-other on them, being able to attack autoers.

If people in Runescape would stop buying gold for real life cash then sweatshops workers/owners will be losing money and will move on to another game!

ban every ip address thats not from america or the uk :-$

People can change their ip's.

Ok another dumb idea? Next....

It's bad, they must be hackers or something, becuase there's level 3 bots in pest control mage shop!

Edit: Perhaps, they could allow it so you can report for macroing anytime you want instead of the normal 60 second period?

mithmsanta,driller75.gif

Ok, I've been doing air runecrafting recently and saw many macroers near the entrance of Falador, cutting the yew tree locating there

I've reported >20 of them in more than 20 runs to the alter, and saw them teleporting away by the friendly Genie is a fun game

Unfortunately we don't have any random if a interface is opened, and Jagex should start letting the random overriding the store/shop interface and test whether buyers are autoers or not

Ideas:

(1) Remove common drop trading spots like the tower in Barbarian village. I don't see any use for them is f2p. Also BAN low lvl players who suddenly receive a large amount of money via picking up them on the ground. Ban the dropper as well, as they're likely to be the "boss" of the RWT company and owns millions of gold, ready to ration them to their workers to start the auto-buying business

(2) Construct new randoms that overrides the buying interface

(3) Mark those who open the buying interface for a long time / many times (say time>10min). There is almost NO legitmate reasons for opening that for that long period of time. Deliver a random to them and if they fail repeatively, then they will be trashed from the game

(4) Check the banks of players, ban those who own a lot of death runes/feathers/addy arrows/yews ONLY without the level of using them. (like ban those lvl1 players who own a lot of death / law / nats, which requires a minimum of lvl41 / lvl25 / lvl21 to use them to cast spells)

Also ban those who own a lot of broken axe / axe handle (I once played a dirty joke on a macroer by taking away a bronze axe head and place it elsewhere so that he can NEVER find it. In fact, if you leave the axe head for a minute, you DESERVE being tricked as you arn't playing attention to the game

(5) Boycott those who sell large quantity of death rune, with a macroer like name and lvl3 name. Report them and drain all their "effort" put into that pacticular player

Currently taking a break from Runescape

What REALLY needs to be done is a new law needs to put out in all of the countries that essentially allows the arrest of anyone not complying to the game maker's rules.

Problem is actually finding these people. The dumb ones can easily be found by IP. But the ones who are smart enough to reroute IP and so forth will be hard to catch.

Game makers should have the right to enforce their rules!

"Mugging is a type of street robbery, in which the perpetrator (the mugger) accosts the victim in a public place, such as a sidewalk, street or parking lot, and demands money and/or valuables through the use of force or fear. The robber will typically threaten to use a weapon such as a gun or knife. Mugging is related to theft from when the mugger steals from the victim"

From Wikipedia

drainege3.png

thats as close to racism as you can get in runescape

gordhammer1.png

You see, when a mommy noob and a daddy noob really love each other...

autoers are having an effect on the nature rune prices aswell

gofsiggycr2.png

DK Drops (duo) - 4 - 1x D Axe 1x Berserker, 2x Warrior. Drag Drops - 1 - 1x Skirt.

Barrows Drops - 14 - 1x G spear, 3x K skirt , 2x k x-bow, 1x k top, 2x v flail, 1x v brassard, 1x dh body, 1x dh legs and 2x dh helm.

Proud owner of a fighter torso

This has been going on for too long. If this bothers you, DO voice your displeasure. JaGeX already knows about this but has done nothing to stop shop autobuyers.

How the hell do you know what jagex has been doing?

Because they are still there. They've BEEN there since I first started playing the game back in '04. Not to mention that 90% of these bots I see are still here two days after I first started trying to get runes this week.

How hard can it POSSIBLY be to update the shop system to stop this? You've got level 3 clones with the same names and different numbers sitting in the same spot for insane numbers of hours a day doing nothing but buying runes and arrows.

At this time I have checked EVERY f2p world. Each one has two rune-buying bots in it.

thats as close to racism as you can get in runescape

I call it utilitarian; anyone would realise by now the majority (90% at least) of the farmers and autoers don't change their look, having a male bald guy with a goatee wearing green trousers and khaki shirt... :-k
"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Trouble is, many things which we now consider to be suspicious, would be too easy for the botters (and assisted bot goldfarmers) to change.

Default look? - there are already non-default look bots.

Level 3? - gaining a few combat levels is easy.

The rune store autobuyers are the worst, as there is no real way to compete with them, but they have got to be leaving one huge and supicious trail when they get the coins that they are buying runes with.

Its insane the number of them... port sarim any ftp world 4 or 5 at any time.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

I've been doing a lot of rune shopping today. On average, I've seen three or more autobuyers in any given shop. All of them have been sitting in the shop for so long that the local highwayman no longer tries to hold them up.

I cannot stress how important it is to get the message out there to get this fixed.

I agree, I'm getting more and more flustered as the days go by because only the dishonest players can get Death Runes from the shop.

Things like Random Events don't seem to work either, because its practically standard for Autoers to have codes that tells them to run away for a certain period of time if they are attacked or if there health drops below a certain point, and then return to do what they were doing.

If I had to come up with a suggestion, I think there should be random little codes players should have to type in or easy, random little questions players must answer from time to time (I believe there was something in RuneScape Classic like this). That might be bad for people fighting monsters, but I think it wouldn't be hard to make a code so this won't appear in combat or in areas with agressive monsters.

Youre overthinking it dude

Macros buy all the runes to make a profit on them. All they want is GP... not protection for their rune miners.

But see, they get both by doing this. Maybe it isn't a reason so much as a major double whammy of a side effect. In any case this needs to be stopped. The first solution is of course to make muggers and highwaymen permanently aggressive or to introduce random events for shoppers that teleport them to another location temporarily. This may not work forever, but it would certainly be a start.

I wrote that in a previous thread and ill tell this unpopolar, yet true, facts again.

The main blame for the autoing problem is jagex, and the way they created the logic of Rs training and advancing. Harsh but simple: as long as skills can be "bought" in gp, and trained in an ever-repeating simple routine, there will be no end neither to autoers, not to gold buyers

For example: as long as every moron will be able to raise prayer to max just by buying loads of dragon bones, Rich (in rl) and spoiled morons will buy gp for real money - no way around this. Hence, gold farmers and autoers will always follow.

Solution: dragon bones become un-tradble. Instead, a new maze under one of the wildy's ruined city, will challange high-levels (combat, agility, magic, mining and logic), and reward them from time to time in a much rarer "ancestral ash jugs" (untrabble of course) that gives 5-10k prayer exp. same balance (its rare and slower to get), more challange, and most important: bye-bye green dragon autoers (for the bone part).

Same goes with many other skills. The real solution: completely change the training methods of all skills (prayer, smithing, herblore, crafting) - much less creations for gaining a level, but each of them complicated and hard to create, and including non-tradble materials.

To complete that - make low level materials give no exp after certain level. for example: iron stops giving smithing exp after lv50, and so on,

That is the solution - up to my opinion, but I dought jagex will take it - from their very own reasons... :-#

L.Bellatrix.png

Slayer: 85/85, Herblore: 82/82, Farming 81/82, def 99/99.

new goals: full sardomain costum from t.trails (2/6), slayer 87/90, attack 98/99

Dragon drops: 4 half shields, 2 dragon spears | whip drops: 5.

barrow drops: Ahrim's hood

There are whole categories of autoers they could eliminate easily through code changes.

Simply restrict the number of items any character can buy from a shop in a certain period of time. Problem solved.

~q

but that prevents legit players from buying stuff too. i usualy buy lare amounts of my elemental runes at shops.....

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I wrote that in a previous thread and ill tell this unpopolar, yet true, facts again.

The main blame for the autoing problem is jagex, and the way they created the logic of Rs training and advancing. Harsh but simple: as long as skills can be "bought" in gp, and trained in an ever-repeating simple routine, there will be no end neither to autoers, not to gold buyers

For example: as long as every moron will be able to raise prayer to max just by buying loads of dragon bones, Rich (in rl) and spoiled morons will buy gp for real money - no way around this. Hence, gold farmers and autoers will always follow.

Solution: dragon bones become un-tradble. Instead, a new maze under one of the wildy's ruined city, will challange high-levels (combat, agility, magic, mining and logic), and reward them from time to time in a much rarer "ancestral ash jugs" (untrabble of course) that gives 5-10k prayer exp. same balance (its rare and slower to get), more challange, and most important: bye-bye green dragon autoers (for the bone part).

Same goes with many other skills. The real solution: completely change the training methods of all skills (prayer, smithing, herblore, crafting) - much less creations for gaining a level, but each of them complicated and hard to create, and including non-tradble materials.

To complete that - make low level materials give no exp after certain level. for example: iron stops giving smithing exp after lv50, and so on,

That is the solution - up to my opinion, but I dought jagex will take it - from their very own reasons... :-#

gee, you wana destroy rs more than the macros do, dont you? <.< this would make thses skills massivley unpopular..... (sry for double post :s)

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]