I bet you never knew... ~\500+ facts collected/~

tintin113

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...that RuneScape is programmed in a form of Java called 'RuneScript' which was created by Andrew and Paul to reduce the size of the script tremendously.

Not very well phrased. The RuneScape engine is written in Java. Game content like Quests or Minigames are written in RuneScript, a scripting language developed by Jagex specifically for RuneScape.

Did you know that you can only understand what Gravingas the ghost says, if you wear Ghostspeak Amulet. Otherwise he will just say: Wooo Woo Woooo

Like every other ghost in Port Phasmatys. <.<

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

Did you know . . .

• [*:14uprgzk]that while you're using the Protect From Magic prayer, the holding times of modern magic binding spells are halved?[*:14uprgzk]that when you are using the gnome gliders, you can close the destination screen after picking a location and still be transported to it? [*:14uprgzk]that if you try to care for or pick My Arm's goutweed, your character will tell you that "That's My Arm's problem now." and cancel the attempted action?[*:14uprgzk]that it used to be that if you were hit with a binding or freezing spell right as some safe minigames ended (e.g. castlewars), you would be stuck in place outside of the game area for the length of the spell's binding effect?[*:14uprgzk]that it is possible to be hit for more damage than you have hp at the time? During certain extended animations (the best example is the escape lectern in the Dream Mentor Quest) the damage you take is not deducted from your hitpoints until after they finish. This means that you can be repeatedly hit for enough damage to kill you during the animation, all of which is inflicted on you at once when the animation finishes.

did know.....

that all runescape charcters are right handed :-s

Actually, only when wielding melle weapons and staffs. When you wield bows, however, you wield it with your right hand, while a right-handed person would wield it with thier left? Everyone in Runescape is actually ambidextrous :shock:

The same is for granite mauls, they are wielded left handed.

My legions of fans:

thestigclipboard.png

keep them coming :)

That's the spirit! :thumbsup:

... that you can pay farmers watching your crops with noted items?

GOMDFMSADNOASD SRSLY?!?!?! <.<

calciumpixelsigil3.png

Click my signature for my blog!

I bet you never knew...

...that in the Evil Twin random event, if you try to pick up something in the cage, it will say: You're supposed to be putting people in there, not taking them out!

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

These facts have been added to the queue for possible use in the Times:

The Keldagrim Consortium East side crossbow shop proprietor sells an Ammo Pouch for 1500gp. It has 4 slots; each slot holds 255 bolts of any type.
Aside from the Tai Bwo Wannai Village enclosure, Teak trees can be cut southwest of Castle Wars and near the ruins of Uzer. Mahogany trees can be found outside Marim (Ape Atoll - Monkey Madness quest) and in the Kharazi Jungle (Legends quest). Both can be found at the far end of Mos Le'Harmless dungeon (Cabin Fever quest).
There are no maple trees in F2P, but maple logs can be traded and burned.
Prayer book from The Great Brain Robbery quest cures poison at the expense of 1 prayer point. Must wear a Holy symbol to use it.
Free players can use the Shantay Pass bank chest.

I'm not selecting "used to be" and "RSC" info simply because we want to provide info that players can use *now*. For the same reason, glitches are unlikely to be posted, since (a) they usually don't do much, (B) Jagex may fix them, and © I don't want to get into trouble with Jagex or forum rules. :D

There's also ... some misinformation in the collection: for example, as someone stated above, mithril grapples *can* now be traded (since the recent crossbow update).

Thanks for making the thread, and *especially* thanks to tintin for grabbing all the tips to the first post!! <3:

gallery_28257_123_2330.jpggallery_28257_123_196.gif

it's a lot easier to get over yourself when you look at intelligence the same way you look at beauty, or height, or eye color: being smart is easy, but being good is hard ... being smart is handed to you, being good is handed to *nobody*.

Did you know that there is a book about the barrows brothers from a bookcase in your POH.

there is too many books in the bookcase, not too possible to make a "did you know" with each book in POH...

If you hold the right arrow key (to turn screen) and then press left, the screen'll turn left, but when you hold left and press right, it'll keep moving to the left.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

I bet you never knew...

You can no longer do your Achievement Cape Emote as an egg. Nice work Jagex, what harm did it do? <.<

This is false. It is STILL possible to do the AC emotes as an egg, but it is far more difficult. You will usually fail twenty or thirty times before you get it to work once. <.<

Did you know that the Drill Demon has the red head that your Demon Butler has, but Jagex neglected to change his arms? (He still has orange skin, but his head is red. Way to be lazy, Jagex.)

td2sig.jpg

Did you know . . .

• [*:2vudx0gx] that you can cure yourself of poison without using a poison curing item, restorative environments, or death? Some animations will stop poison damage if performed with the proper timing.

This fact may sound too good to be true, but I know that it is. I've done this a few times by now, and with enough actions to see that it isn't a glitch with a certain animation. The only animations I can recall this happening with are passing abyssal obstacles and restoring prayer at an altar, but I know there are others. Note that it is really rare for this to occur without repeating the animation continuously for an extended time.

Here is my speculation as to the reason this effect can happen. At some point during the animations which work for this fact, there is always a period in which your character cannot interact with or respond to anything. If one of the poison hits is supposed to fall during this period, it would be prevented by the fact that your character cannot interact with the rest of the game at that time. Since the poison hit never occurs the game doesn't start counting down the time to the next one, which is the same effect as curing the poison.

Assuming this reasoning is correct, any animation which prevents you from doing a new activity with your character during some or all of its duration would work for this. Some possible ones doing agility obstacles, smithing, and doing achievement cape emotes along with a few others. If it is correct it would also mean that any animation you can click out of wouldn't work, eliminating fletching, filling vials, spinning strings, and most others. I'll try to test some of these and see if any of them work.

These facts have been added to the queue for possible use in the Times:

The Keldagrim Consortium East side crossbow shop proprietor sells an Ammo Pouch for 1500gp. It has 4 slots; each slot holds 255 bolts of any type.
Aside from the Tai Bwo Wannai Village enclosure, Teak trees can be cut southwest of Castle Wars and near the ruins of Uzer. Mahogany trees can be found outside Marim (Ape Atoll - Monkey Madness quest) and in the Kharazi Jungle (Legends quest). Both can be found at the far end of Mos Le'Harmless dungeon (Cabin Fever quest).
There are no maple trees in F2P, but maple logs can be traded and burned.
Prayer book from The Great Brain Robbery quest cures poison at the expense of 1 prayer point. Must wear a Holy symbol to use it.
Free players can use the Shantay Pass bank chest.

I'm not selecting "used to be" and "RSC" info simply because we want to provide info that players can use *now*. For the same reason, glitches are unlikely to be posted, since (a) they usually don't do much, (B) Jagex may fix them, and © I don't want to get into trouble with Jagex or forum rules. :D

There's also ... some misinformation in the collection: for example, as someone stated above, mithril grapples *can* now be traded (since the recent crossbow update).

Thanks for making the thread, and *especially* thanks to tintin for grabbing all the tips to the first post!! <3:

Thank you, it makes it all worthwhile :D

Thanks for those secret facts lol :thumbsup: , I hope you don't get into trouble for posting them early lol, and I will edit out that mith grapple mistake. #-o

P.S. I love that pikachu avatar <3:

tifsiggy.jpg

...if u get a quest cape and ur membership runs out, and u become f2p. If a new quest comes out and ur f2p, ur quest cape stays on and u can still use emote

this is not true... i've become nonmember and grim tales came out. I DID lose my cape, i had to carry it arround in my inventory till i became member again

tipitsignature134jg0.jpg

...if u get a quest cape and ur membership runs out, and u become f2p. If a new quest comes out and ur f2p, ur quest cape stays on and u can still use emote

this is not true... i've become nonmember and grim tales came out. I DID lose my cape, i had to carry it arround in my inventory till i became member again

OK, I'll fix that

tifsiggy.jpg

[hide=I posted this earlier]

tbh, a lot of these are really stupid. Also, did you know that this:

...that when POH's came out, there was a glory-duping glitch, which duped glories if you click "Remove" out of building mode, which severely dropped the prices of glories, and many players profited greatly from it, one of the most popular being n0valyfe who received over 1.5k amulets of glory from the bug?

violates several tip.it rules?

Did you know:

...a blue phat high alchs for 96 gp?

is wrong? http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=1582

...a Dragon Battle Axe is kept on death over an Abyssal Whip

That was changed due to a popular scam

there are about 6,765,811,784,000,000,000 possible combinations of names in rs. There are 26 letters, 10 numbers, and a space bar. That's 37 characters. The maximum number of characters is 12, so it's pretty simple math if you have a calculator. For those of you without it, the arrow thing means, "to the power of". 37^12+37^11+37^10+37^9+37^8+37^7+37^6+37^5+37^4+37^3+37^2+37^1. That is six quintillion, seven-hundred sixty five quadrillion, eight-hundred eleven trillion, seven-hundred eighty four billion. My calculator just says 6.765811784x10^18, so I don't know the last 9 numbers.

There are 36 options for the first, and 37 for all others. (You can't start with a _) 37*36*36*36.... so 37*36^11= 4,870,003,042,163,884,032.

That's all I have for now.

[/hide]

tintin13, please fix the above things, or at the very least, the first one, since there is no proof, and it is violating tip.it rules. If you don't change it, I will ask a mod to do it.

nh.jpg

Did you know:

If you were wearing your quest cape, logged out, and a new quest comes out the next day, but you instead log back into f2p, your cape dosen't get taken off, in fact you can still do the quest emote in f2p without having done the new quest.

I don't know if that's been 'fixed' yet or not, somehow I doubt it.

[hide=I posted this earlier]
tbh, a lot of these are really stupid. Also, did you know that this:

...that when POH's came out, there was a glory-duping glitch, which duped glories if you click "Remove" out of building mode, which severely dropped the prices of glories, and many players profited greatly from it, one of the most popular being n0valyfe who received over 1.5k amulets of glory from the bug?

violates several tip.it rules?

Did you know:

...a blue phat high alchs for 96 gp?

is wrong? http://www.tip.it/runescape/index.php?rs2item_id=1582

...a Dragon Battle Axe is kept on death over an Abyssal Whip

That was changed due to a popular scam

there are about 6,765,811,784,000,000,000 possible combinations of names in rs. There are 26 letters, 10 numbers, and a space bar. That's 37 characters. The maximum number of characters is 12, so it's pretty simple math if you have a calculator. For those of you without it, the arrow thing means, "to the power of". 37^12+37^11+37^10+37^9+37^8+37^7+37^6+37^5+37^4+37^3+37^2+37^1. That is six quintillion, seven-hundred sixty five quadrillion, eight-hundred eleven trillion, seven-hundred eighty four billion. My calculator just says 6.765811784x10^18, so I don't know the last 9 numbers.

There are 36 options for the first, and 37 for all others. (You can't start with a _) 37*36*36*36.... so 37*36^11= 4,870,003,042,163,884,032.

That's all I have for now.

[/hide]

tintin13, please fix the above things, or at the very least, the first one, since there is no proof, and it is violating tip.it rules. If you don't change it, I will ask a mod to do it.

kk, i'm on it.

tifsiggy.jpg