Take the phishing quiz and post your score! no cheating!!!

Richy2k0

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10/10. Its good to see and useful for most people but some of the more well versed phishers use much better tricks to scam you than shown in that example. Most of the reasons they give for "proving" that a web page is a fake is bad spelling which isn't a very good identifier, its not like criminals find it impossible to spell correctly.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

8 / 10.

Pretty good considering that most of them were sites for banks and etc., and I don't

even own a credit card or a PayPal account. :o

My greatest ambition is to kill every member of the human race.

crackersapparentlyiu8.png

However I am a realist and therefore know that I probably wont be able to.

idiotacyoa5.png

YOU ANSWERED 2 OF 10 QUESTIONS CORRECTLY

Rating: You're at risk!

Watch out! Your identity is a click away from being stolen! Your decisions would have landed you on many deceptive Web sites that would have put your personal information at risk. These sites pose serious security threats that could lead to identity theft or financial losses.

Don't let scammers fool you! SiteAdvisor can help protect your identity by warning you before you visit a risky site.

Damn, I got two right. Probably should of read them in more detail. Someone elese can get them all wrong.

Its almost impossible to tell by the thumbnails. click to make them bigger.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I was going to take it but it wouldn't load for me before. I'll take it now

Just took it. 9/10

well today at 11:30 am 14 years ago i was born.. wo0t!!!
At 11:30 you should start holding your head underwater wo0t!!!
Stop acting such a moron.

I had one wrong...the loan thing...i think it helps to be a techie at a computer store too :P .

In rl conditions i wouldnt be fooled, in the images there werent any source code to see :(

sigqp2bw9.gifIceBlackIce.gif

*** [ END ]: You gained 1,671,000 thieving exp in 9mins 44secs. That's 10,300,684 exp/h.

Dragon Drops - 1 Skirt

I had one wrong...the loan thing...i think it helps to be a techie at a computer store too :P .

In rl conditions i wouldnt be fooled, in the images there werent any source code to see :(

Yes, I hover over links and check url's in emails. bugger reading it, quicker to just look at the link.

when the paypal one turned up for the additional email - i was like "[bleep] that" and guessed :lol:

YOU ANSWERED 9 OF 10 QUESTIONS CORRECTLY

Rating: Safety Guru

Nice work! Your practically clairvoyant knowledge of the Web allows you to spot even the most realistic looking spoofed sites. We're impressed!

But remember that even one misstep on a deceptive Web site can put your personal information at risk which could lead to identity theft or financial losses.

Don't let scammers fool you! SiteAdvisor can help protect your identity by warning you before you visit a risky site.

Missed the Chase one, just didn't read it carefully I guess, haha. Asking for a SSN required, with no other options, looked fishy to me though I guess it isn't. The only site of these that I regularly visit is Myspace, though, that isn't an excuse haha. Everyone should be able to tell, for the most part, if a site is fake, whether they visit the site regularly or not.

rangesig.gif

YOU ANSWERED 8 OF 10 QUESTIONS CORRECTLY

Nice work! Your practically clairvoyant knowledge of the Web allows you to spot even the most realistic looking spoofed sites. We're impressed!

But remember that even one misstep on a deceptive Web site can put your personal information at risk which could lead to identity theft or financial losses.

Got the Chase and Amazon one wrong.

Not bad. You avoided some deceptive Web sites that would have put your personal information at risk. But you chose others that pose serious security threats that could lead to identity theft or financial losses.

7 out of 10 correct. I started randomly ticking boxes at question 7 because I didn't feel like looking at everything seperately and I hadn't got a clue on the last two. :P Question 7, 9 and 10 wrong.

21o4pav.jpg

Signature by Maurice Sendak

When the stars make you drool just like a pasta fazool, that's amore!

9/10, I actually didn't check for grammatical errors I just went with the ones that looked most genuine, the hardest was the Chase one seen as I wasn't looking at gramatical errors the one I chose was wrong but it did look pretty good the rest were dodgy.

sigggyjv2.gif

Sig by me....

8/10

I gave most of them fleeting glances and one of the ones I missed had a 'wrong logo' as one of the main justifications for how to tell it apart. As I don't live in America, I'm unaware of their companies and thus the logo holds no relevance to me. :P

I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

I just clicked random ones :P.

YOU ANSWERED 6 OF 10 QUESTIONS CORRECTLY

Rating: Tightrope Walker 

Not bad. You avoided some deceptive Web sites that would have put your personal information at risk. But you chose others that pose serious security threats that could lead to identity theft or financial losses.

Don't let scammers fool you! SiteAdvisor can help protect your identity by warning you before you visit a risky site

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.