Take the phishing quiz and post your score! no cheating!!!

Richy2k0

4/10. I have never been to more then half of those websites, and stupidly enough I didn't even notice some of the easy mistakes. I learned quite a bit of things as well for this, it helps me alot.

Well you can guess what I'm downloading right now. :oops:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YOU ANSWERED 7 OF 10 QUESTIONS CORRECTLY

Rating: Safety Guru

Nice work! Your practically clairvoyant knowledge of the Web allows you to spot even the most realistic looking spoofed sites. We're impressed!

But remember that even one misstep on a deceptive Web site can put your personal information at risk which could lead to identity theft or financial losses.

Don't let scammers fool you! SiteAdvisor can help protect your identity by warning you before you visit a risky site.

Rating: Tightrope Walker

Not bad. You avoided some deceptive Web sites that would have put your personal information at risk. But you chose others that pose serious security threats that could lead to identity theft or financial losses.

Don't let scammers fool you! SiteAdvisor can help protect your identity by warning you before you visit a risky site.

Yay :thumbsup:

6/10, Ive never been to Myspace or any of those bank sites, but I've been to Amazon, shop there a lot, but I got that wrong...

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

6/10

Tightrope walker

Well, I'm only 14 so I've got a lot of time to find out what bank sites look like, and I've never used myspace, In fact the only one I have used is Amazon

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

Well I suck :lol: You don't need to know my score :shame: :-w

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

9/10 I didn't think that grammar would be a definite give-away with scam sites. I mean, if they could replicate the sites that good, they should at least know some English.

Also, why is age of importance, I'm only thirteen, but have a basic enough understanding of what a corporate bank site should look like. (the "We need your social and account number to retrieve your password was kind of a give :? )

8/10.

:)

Although on the last two I guessed. Maybe I got those two questions wrong. :-k

Edit: I got 4 and 5 wrong. I should have known by those grammar mistakes.

8/10

I only missed the Amazon.com one as I have never actually visited the site and have no need to.

The other one I missed was the final question which asked about some e-mail scams which only one I have heard of.

Overall I just have both my anti-spyware/adware and my antivirus programs working in tantum with each other so as to avoid as many of those nasty little e-mails as possible. Of course Aol does a pretty good job already putting them into the correct category.

Quote - Revenge is such a nasty thing that only breeds more vengeful souls, but in some situations revenge does not even need to be sought out, but only bided.

5/10

-I didnt click any of the thumbnails so didnt notice the spelling & grammar

-Also some of the sites I don't even use or have no affliation with me such as

Capital One, AOl, Bank of America and Chase

eggzs.png