What time period does RS most closely resemble?

llamster

I saw this topic in the Official Forums some time ago.

What year do you think Runescape takes place in? This is NOT about how old the actual game is.

I'll post what I think once I get some opinions.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want something more precise.

How can you be more precise? You're asking something nobody knows, they can just post their guesses :-s.

Some people dream of success, while others make it happen.

I want something more precise.

How can you be more precise? You're asking something nobody knows, they can just post their guesses :-s.

Well, since you don't know, I won't ask anything of you.

I think that it takes place in the late 1400s to early 1500s.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Ehh, you can't place runescape into any real time of human history..? If runescape would be placed into middle ages, how do you explain hot air balloons...? Weren't they invented back in 1750 or something? -.-

Edit: yeah, just like xSxq posted above me :)

Well, Judging by the engineering of dwarfish weaponry... I'd have to say that it happened in a time period where nobody kept records :P

lol, +1

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

I don't see how you could even estimate when air ballons and swords are being used at the same time. :-s

Not to mention people are shooting balls of fire out out of wooden poles. I'd have to say Runescape is it's own world, that runs on it's own technology and time.

IrreIephant.png

|Msg me me in-game | IrreIephant|

^ capital i

Well since runecrafting wasn't discovered until 1640, it must be after 1640, but in the 1650's there were only about 100 dragon items in the world, so it must also be after the 1650's. However, by 1795, local blacksmiths in southern France had discovered how to actually smith dragon items, something that is not yet in RuneScape. So it's clearly set somwhere between 1660 to 1795.

Yes, this post made as little sense as the topic.

It's never been given a proper time period by Jagex as it takes a lot of things into account, like the engineering and such.

Most people just say Middle Ages due to the weaponry, look of places and things like that.

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

Which era? Around 1600 I'd say. But there are a lot of contraversies here..

You have

1) a cannon, though no guns yet

2) Still have magic, which dissapeared in stories after gunpowder was used for cannons.

3) Still have dragons?!

Middle ages suit perfect for me. Any younger would historically be incorrect. Any older the stories wouldn't be right.

34eyfbd.jpg9h43sp.jpg16m28ty.jpg

Never, really. But I suppose taking out the magic, and werewolves and stuff, I would say maybe 1100ish.

Because of the lack of gunpowder ect. Yet still, I prefer to think of it as timeless, a fntasy land (which it is,) where everything other than computer-technologyy goes.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

The 1300s: Cannons where recently used, complex castle and city systems, and witches where killed at the stake.

But there's no way for sure though. Jagex never stated a time period of RuneScape since it's in a fantasy world. However, we're in the Year 168 of the Fifth Age in RuneScape.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

8-) I will say its the prehistoric times.

See there will be a day when something bad happens and kills us all (Im guessing some coffee on a keyboard ::' ) But after it happens we will all be dead except for a few humans. These humans would later form this world we now call Earth. They will tell tales of magic and dragons to their children(who won't believe it).

Add a few million years and....Its today ::' <--This smiley is so awsome. ::'

RS is a jack of all times, i dont think there were party hats or Christmas crackers in the Dark Ages. (If u think the cracker is a food, ur dumb, its those little popper things u buy at party stores that when u pull the string, confetti, ribbons, smoke, and a loud noise some out. So people got party hats by doing to someones face.)

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

RS is a jack of all times, i dont think there were party hats or Christmas crackers in the Dark Ages. (If u think the cracker is a food, ur dumb, its those little popper things u buy at party stores that when u pull the string, confetti, ribbons, smoke, and a loud noise some out. So people got party hats by doing to someones face.)

Hehe, Christmas Saltines with little red bows XD

In real-life time, I would say maybe biblical-early middle ages.

In the KB it says that RS is set in the year 50 of the 5th Age.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.