What time period does RS most closely resemble?

llamster

I would probably say the Middle Ages. Remember, Dragons and magic still exist so it can't be too "recent".
So you're saying that dragons and magic used to exist? :?

Well, when it was believed to have existed if it existed at all. (I personally don't believe it)

j0xPu5R.png

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously, the dwarves and humans are set in different time periods. How about you just put a date for each of them and ignore the unreasonably modern aspects of the game (hot air balloons, holiday events)?

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

In real-life time, I would say maybe biblical-early middle ages.

In the KB it says that RS is set in the year 50 of the 5th Age.

It's set in the year 169 of the 5th age. It says so in the Manual.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Ehh, you can't place runescape into any real time of human history..? If runescape would be placed into middle ages, how do you explain hot air balloons...? Weren't they invented back in 1750 or something? -.-

Edit: yeah, just like xSxq posted above me :)

Also you need electricity for a dwarf multi cannon ~.O. Its a fantasy game, not midevial(sp?)

I bet it's some totally awesome 20-stringed, dragon shaped instrument that doubles as a flamethrower/laser phaser. Or some really lame Chinese bamboo thing.

I want something more precise.

How can you be more precise? You're asking something nobody knows, they can just post their guesses :-s.

Well, since you don't know, I won't ask anything of you.

I think that it takes place in the late 1400s to early 1500s.

It doesnt take place in any time period because dragons and goblins never existed. What a stupid question because we cant make an educated guess on a fictional world where jagex can change stuff about as much as they like using stuff from different time periods or none at all!

I would probably say the Middle Ages. Remember, Dragons and magic still exist so it can't be too "recent".

So do Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. :lol: :lol: :lol:

aglipoy.png

SO does that mean no tooth fairy :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

SO does that mean no tooth fairy :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

they replaced the toothfairy with demons instead

Obviously, the dwarves and humans are set in different time periods. How about you just put a date for each of them and ignore the unreasonably modern aspects of the game (hot air balloons, holiday events)?

Exactly, no one seems to think about the fact that the actual world is only influenced by humans, while in runescape each race is at different tech eras. So take out the gliders, cannons, coal trucks, and whatnot (all non-human things), and you'll see the humans in runescape are actually quite primitive.

To put a date, it would be around 500-1000 AD, seeing that the most advanced thing the Humans have is running water. On the other hand, the dwarves have everything from blast furnaces to fully automatic repeating-cannons. They would be somewhere between the 1700's to 1900's.

Gnomes would be 1200-1500s, Elves around the same as Humans, and Trolls and Ogres in the Triassic period.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

rs is just like the renaissance new creations, new ideas, technology, kinds, queens, warriors, knights, dragons, gods(I know), money, made materials. list goes on....

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

Well, I'd have to say runescape existed sometime some 65 million years ago on a different planet which eventualy collided with earth and killed all the dinosaurs, :thumbsup: which led to the evolution of humans, :thumbsup: and Andrew is some seer who is seeing the lost planet of Runescape as it was 65 million years ago.

That's what it takes to be a hero, a little gem

of innocence inside of you that makes you want

to believe that there still exists a right and wrong,

that decency will somehow triumph in the end.

--Lise Hand

Runescape is a fictious world, it's not trying to represent the real world and thus it doesn't have the same time peroids as the real world. There was no time peroid in the real world where magic was prevalent.

Signiture1-1.gif

99 Magic, 99 Defence, 99 Strength, 99 Attack, 99 Hitpoints, 99 Fletching, 99 Woodcutting, 99 Firemaking, 99 Thieving, 99 Ranged, 99 Prayer, 99 Cooking, 99 Fishing

Hmm, well there's an electric meat heater in the Al-Kharid Kebob shop,

and there's also a hamster powered sign behind the Fally barber door,

and sophisticaed auto-fire cannons, and hot air balloons, and nitro bombs,

and dragons, magic, and swords and armor...

Hmm, I'd say that no time period fits well at all...

Medieval age's I think that was 500-1500 (if I have listened right to my teachers ::' ) so why not in 1337 (I see that amount many times on these forums) and to be precise the early april of 1337 \'

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

Exactly, no one seems to think about the fact that the actual world is only influenced by humans, while in runescape each race is at different tech eras. So take out the gliders, cannons, coal trucks, and whatnot (all non-human things), and you'll see the humans in runescape are actually quite primitive.

To put a date, it would be around 500-1000 AD, seeing that the most advanced thing the Humans have is running water. On the other hand, the dwarves have everything from blast furnaces to fully automatic repeating-cannons. They would be somewhere between the 1700's to 1900's.

Gnomes would be 1200-1500s, Elves around the same as Humans, and Trolls and Ogres in the Triassic period.

The humans have cannons, you just can't use them. They are, as I said earlier, around late 1400s to early 1500s (early Renaissance). Also, their conventional weaponry is far more advanced than in the 500-1000 era. Longbows and plate armor didn't appear until the 1200s, and crossbows the 1300s.

I would place the dwarves at the late 1600s.

Also, I haven't seen anyone try to determine Runescape's time period politically. During the Middle Ages, most of Europe was using the feudal system. Feudalism ended in the 1400s. It is clear that the feudal system is not in use in Runescape, as the only sign of it is Draynor Manor, which is abandoned.

party hats/santa/h'ween masks dont exist, hot air balloons arent till the 1700's, mine carts wernt used until the 1800's, the armor is scattered between 3rd age + and magic and dragons dont even exist unless jesus is hiding something :|. they would need to remove lots to re-base the game in a proper time era. and no phats would realy piss players off. my red phat on some hacknig noob would be gone. <.<

Popoto.~<3