Bard skill, today?

DarkDude

If you've ever played Guild Wars you should have heard of the Paragon class. He can sing and shout to give allies and team members defensive and offensive bonuses. I think the Bard stuff could be like that. Paragons suck though, so I'd hate it :P

They finally got it right.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm surprised everyone know what a bard is, personaly ive never heard of it, and dictionary.com says its either a poet, horse armor, or a thin slice of fat or bacon used to keep the meat under it from drying while being cooked. Oh yeah and i read the poet one, it has nothing to do with music, its poetry. And no theyre not the same thing.

Bard is a type of singer. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bard_%28Soviet_Union%29

RuneScape idol? Nah... I would pass on that kind skill.

"You are now 99 singing, rock on!"

But seriously, a bard skill?

-How would you train it?

-Whats the use?

-A bard skill :lol:

Highly unplausible.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

I read about speculation on the RSOF about a new skill coming today, the Bard skill.

From the BTS July there's two sentances that haven't been done yet.

We are also working on improving instrument sounds and a feature which will allow the player to access information about where a song can be unlocked. Keep your ears open for more musical developments later in the month.

The bolded one is the important one to this argument and some people have interpretated it as a new skill coming, the Bard skill.

I personally think it is plausable that this could mean a big update, but a bard skill? I'm struggling to think of ways to level it up or uses for it. Only real use for it I could think of is to sing a song and it works like a pot and boosts your stats as such, or works as a prayer and lasts a certain amount of time.

Posts in the RSOF:

16-17-998-48762571

16-17-186-46810714

16-17-482-38492947

What do you think of the possibility of a new skill coming today (Getting a little late now though...) and if it is a music related skill like people suggest, what would it entail?

I love the idea of a Bard. They are blue mages, though, so i t wouldn't work in runescape, because there's no party system. I'd kill for this to happen, though.

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

I read about speculation on the RSOF about a new skill coming today, the Bard skill.

From the BTS July there's two sentances that haven't been done yet.

We are also working on improving instrument sounds and a feature which will allow the player to access information about where a song can be unlocked. Keep your ears open for more musical developments later in the month.

The bolded one is the important one to this argument and some people have interpretated it as a new skill coming, the Bard skill.

I personally think it is plausable that this could mean a big update, but a bard skill? I'm struggling to think of ways to level it up or uses for it. Only real use for it I could think of is to sing a song and it works like a pot and boosts your stats as such, or works as a prayer and lasts a certain amount of time.

Posts in the RSOF:

16-17-998-48762571

16-17-186-46810714

16-17-482-38492947

What do you think of the possibility of a new skill coming today (Getting a little late now though...) and if it is a music related skill like people suggest, what would it entail?

I think they are refering to the part i have put into italics. This is the musical development, where the player can find out where to unlock a track, as we don't alredy have this feature, i think, not a new skill. I love how everyone automatically says it will be lame but Jagex have surprised us in the past although i admit, a bard skill doesn't leave much to be desired but i don't think it will be a new skill.

And again, some people read into the BTS and the Postbag too much. Jagex enjoy a joke...

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

They talk about the game music update and somehow people interpret it as a new skill? Scapers these days think too much about absolutely nothing -.-

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

They talk about the game music update and somehow people interpret it as a new skill? Scapers these days think too much about absolutely nothing -.-
With good reason. The Construction skill's only hint was a few lines at the very end of the BTS for May 2006:
We are also adding some other smaller features to the game later this month, such as clockwork toys for your cats, teleportation tablets, making your own cups of tea and even chairs you can sit down in.
Nazgul.jpeg

What a stupid skill, i'd be pleased to keep it at 1 like i've done with hunter.

Well, it depends on what Jagex does with it...

For example, in EQ, Bards play songs (3 or 4 at once) that provide all sorts

of benefits for other players and themselves.

A bard could play a Damage-over-Time song spell,

or a Heal-over-Time song spell, or a Increase-your-strength-by-10%-as-long-as-the-song-is-playing song spell.

There are many, many other benefits that a Bard can provide a group

of players.

The neat thing is that these are all magic spells done without any runes (Mana in EQ) at all.

You only need the instrument. You don't need Air, Water, Earth, Fire,

Chaos runes, etc to cast the spell.

In EQ, players work together and support each other to take down monsters.

The Bard fills a role as a strong support player.

Now, if Jagex decided to expand the RS playstyle to include

more cooperative missions between players, then a "support other

players" skill could be in the making.

Now, the whole "Bard in RS" thng is pure speculation,

but at least you have some idea now about how it's usefully done in another game.

Maybe a music cape? If you have all of your music unlocked you get a cape much like the quest cape - it's unwearable whenever a new one comes out.

Now that sounds more logical than a stupid bard skill. :P

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

Lol at least it wil be orriginal and fun I think, isn't the construction skill also almost pointless?, you can't make money with it as far as I know, if its really going to happen I will be happy suprised, but you can make a skill of every line you read.

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

I think they are refering to the part i have put into italics. This is the musical development, where the player can find out where to unlock a track, as we don't alredy have this feature, i think, not a new skill. I love how everyone automatically says it will be lame but Jagex have surprised us in the past although i admit, a bard skill doesn't leave much to be desired but i don't think it will be a new skill.

And again, some people read into the BTS and the Postbag too much. Jagex enjoy a joke...

They say "More" which indicates they're going to do something they haven't mentioned. What it is? Who knows.

No one has mentioned ...

Don't the Elves sing to the crystal see to form a bow or shield ...

[/equally arbitrary interpretation of the sentence in BTS]

WARNING: Prone to ramble ... but you probably already know that!

truffoo.png

1% F2P : 99% RL

You could also interpret the thing as a "look out for this update later D:"

Seriously, it doesn't mean they are updating RS again today xD

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I read somewhere else that in some rpg's the bard can heal allies with his music. If a bard skill had these sort of qualities it could be a good skill.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

It would be cool, but it would only work in an amazing game called: ''real life.''

The only point of being a bard is that the people love you're music/poems ect.

Therefore you would have to be able to play a musical instrument, and then have the game rate your music...

Maybe in virtual runescape 2030, but for now, it's not really practical.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Bard skill??

Sweet, thats a definite 99 for me

as long as we get guitar or double bass..

If it is true, i hope it doesn't involve writing poems,

YEAAAAAH!

and i'd get a big brown bushy beard for it, because all bards need beards. no matter what.

4smallerxu3.png

moopycn7.png