Rannars and the price increase, why?

zillis

Well, the one thing I have really noticed is the price I can sell rannar weeds for these days. They can fetch up to 8k each now, and when I started, they were 6k each. My friends even tell me at one point they were as low as 5k each.

There are many things that could explain this, more people have more money to spend, the amount of people doing herblore as increased. Yet I was wondering, if anybody has any views on how they think the price of a rannar has increased, and why people are willing to pay 3k each more. That means for every 5 at the new price, you would get 8 for the price of 8k each.

Yay i so gud i gts 23 farming

Prayer pots are one of the lowest level pots to make that actually make decent money, hence the demand for them is higher than any other herb. The pots get gobbled up fast, and with more and more hard monsters to kill for decent drops ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ more pots are required. High demand = high price. I expect to see them rise higher if anything.

I remember when they where 5k.... that was over two years ago now.

The main thing that has increased it is the number of updates we have been getting where people use prayer. Barrows was one of the bigges ones, was was fight caves.

sig2webzx7.jpg

Because we dont have herb autoers to keep the prices down.

:lol:

But thats a thing to think about, would you have autoers and quite a bit of spare cash or no autoers but have to pay quite a bit more?

who uses p pots at barrows :evil:

I do. I barrow in Full Verac and do 3-4 chests a trip. Hey I have to do something to use up the 1k+ pots I got from buying 1k ranarrs before dark bows.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

They've been at that price for at least a few weeks. I sold about 800 3 dose Prayer Potions for 8.5k each in less than 10 minutes of making a thread, and 4 dose Prayer Potions are going for 10kish.

The reason is stated above by a few people, harder monsters released with great loot (e.g Mithril Dragons, or more Slayers killing Dark Beasts for the Dark Bow), so more prayer potions are needed.

Also I've noticed an increase in the amount of lower levels doing Barrows, so because of their small defense and prayer level they're going to be demanding more prayer potions.

calvinandhobbessigedite.png

Hmm, I think it's because a lot more players are in the game and more and more daily are leveling higher and higher and starting to fight the higher lvled monsters. These require a lot of prayer potions so the price of the materials for prayer potions increase as your paying for the herblore xp as well.

Or maybe it's because the people that use prayer pots a lot are the KQ and KBD clans/teams which don't care about what they spend on supplies because they know they will make it all back in drops.

BTW new signature, testing it out now. Too bad the quality is kinda bad now cause I had to shrink it to the 30kb limit that tip it has. :?

Looking for someone to teach me how to Armadyl farm - pm me

10,200th Person to Achieve 99 Magic on 1/10/08

All the noobs want to do Legend's Quest. :-k

And thats your reason for the price increase? I could say "All the noobs want to do Monkey Madness". But quests are not a deciding factor in the price increase. Also, why Legend's? It could relate to any quest, many quests do require prayer if you are below a certain level.

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

because i'm buying them 8-)

butfor the real topic its because people wait for the dungeon to be released and its summer for one thing...

prayer is a very powerful and widely used skill, and the prayer potion is the easier to get of the two pots, and also restores more at later lvls. The prices will just keep rising until jagex makes a new pot to restore prayer with, which I really hope they don't because a lot of my income relies on planting herbs.

All the noobs want to do Legend's Quest. :-k

And thats your reason for the price increase? I could say "All the noobs want to do Monkey Madness". But quests are not a deciding factor in the price increase. Also, why Legend's? It could relate to any quest, many quests do require prayer if you are below a certain level.

Legends requires 45 Herblore and the only way to level it is with ranarrs.

Take it easy...I was kidding with the noob thing.

I think that alot of ppl are using the new prayers now, and they drain prayer quite fast. Pkers will thus need more ppots.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6