What if Disney were to acquire Runescape?

ViolaWoman

well jAGeX would never sell this game. even if they got a $100,000,000 deal from anyone, they still wouldent sell it. thats only 20 month fo members credit any ways <3: and they would know that any other company would ruin it. they wouldent have the experience of running this MMORPG, wouldent have the caring of it all, as charging $10 a month, other stuff, no good updates to go along with the time line of RS etc. they have a ton of mods to run it, more people wanting in on it to keep it runing the way it is now.

or if they actually did, and to Disney, we will be seeing mickey mouse, pirates of the carribian, etc.....

stealthisandikillyoucc3.gif

^Click for my Newgrounds page!

Jedrek13.png

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's not forget it's the happiest place on Earth!

So, with that in mind, I introduce.... the HAPPINESS Skill!

Along with your 99 skill cape, you get a shot of insulin to keep from falling into that diabetic coma after watching the Happiness Parade in Lumbridge.

gaaallllgh5.jpg

Raaaaaaah! The horrer! ohhh that is a hideous thought... It would be like kingdome hearts... bleh... ya I get that people like having stupid characters combined into other stuff but... no... jus-just-just no...

now if you don't mind I need to go pickle my cucumbers in sulphuric acid to keep them from Disney evil...

Don't mess with Kingdom Hearts. Only good product of disney.

True kh is the only good product from disney

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Don't worry, Pirates of the Caribbean is also from Disney and i haven't seen mickey mouse in there, savvy?

Wrong! theres a hidden mickey in there. ;)

Wongton is better than me in anyway~~

94qbe.jpg

Gamecube had the best game in 2006. Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess =;

You forgot to mention that the only good 3rd party games for the gamecube was RE4 and anything square enix made. The only reason the gamecube held its [not very successful] ground was because of its own games. And let's not call it a great system just because of one game.

I don't think Jagex would sell runescape, especially since they are probably more enthused by the prospects of making a game more than making money. They don't need to release updates every week to keep their millions of players, why do you think they do it?

But if disney brought it i probably wouldnt care as long as andrew and the team manage it.

happiehour.jpeg

CLub penguin is the stupidest looking game ever. It costs more than runescape, the technology to make it prob sucks too, yet they bought it o_O?

But yea if Disney buys it I wouldn't mind, as long as there is no significant change to the game (for the worse). If so, all the more reasons why I should quit. :P

linkdg0.jpg

Check out my blog! (Click the image)

Thanks to Stalesoul for the sig!

especially since they are probably more enthused by the prospects of making a game more than making money. They don't need to release updates every week to keep their millions of players, why do you think they do it?

please please please tell me that was all sarcasm

i would most likely want to take every disney movie in my house, take a hammer, smash them, pour gasoline, light them on fire and for the first time in my life, roast marshmellows on the bonfire

:thumbsup:

totallvl900ge9.jpg

Woot! Got total lvl 900 in f2p!

especially since they are probably more enthused by the prospects of making a game more than making money. They don't need to release updates every week to keep their millions of players, why do you think they do it?

please please please tell me that was all sarcasm

I wont even bother... its a long but obvious debate involving facts, find out on your own. Obviously they want money, but their still not 'all about money'. Theyre not even close to being a money hungry machine.

happiehour.jpeg

Oh, God.

I would most likely rip my own internal organs out with a spork.

And lmao at Club Penguin. I got bann0red in under 10 seconds from that game. :-k

i joined but i didnt find the bit were u kill stuff.... :-k not goin there again

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

If they buy it, they will only take the profit from it, they'll probably let the same people do the game, because they have been so successfull. Therefore it would be like themowning all the shares in the company, they could change it if they wanted to, but probably wouldn't because it's doing well enough on it's own.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

I honestly think disney would realise that rs is for more mature older people then mickey mousa and such

And they'd realise that changing it too much would lose most of it's audience, so I doubt it would really make a diference at all.

Doomy edit: I like sheep