Optimist or Pessimist? Take the Quiz!

White_Rain

I scored 8. I am a Pessimist. I always find a bad thing in everything.

If you don't know what the meanings are, here's what they mean

Optimist - Finds something good in everything. Looks on the bright side.

Pessimist - Finds something that could go wrong in everything. Looks at the bad side.

So take this quiz and tell us what you got

-------------------------

Scoring:

Yes, definitely--5 points each

Yes, probably--4 points each

Maybe--3 points each

No, I doubt it--2 points each

No, definitely not--1 point each

Questions:

1. Do you think that people all over the world will be living in peace in 20 years?

2. Do you think that people will be living longer, healthier lives in 50 years?

3. Do you think that hunger in the world will be eliminated in your lifetime?

4. Do you think that scientists will find a cure for cancer or AIDS in your lifetime?

5. Do you think global warming will be stopped in your lifetime?

6. Do you think the world will be a better place for everyone by the next century?

7. Do you think you will live your entire life more comfortably than your parents or grandparents?

8. Do you think the "information age" will result in higher education for everyone?

9. Do you think that a new source of energy will be available when fossil fuels run out?

10. Do you think human rights around the world will improve significantly in the next 20 years?

Scoring Results:

0-10 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Pessimist ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re "down in the dumps." Cheer up!

11-20 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Occasionally optimistic ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ "Every cloud has a silver lining."

21-30 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Middle of the road ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ "You win some. You lose some."

31-40 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Occasionally optimistic ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ "Every dog has his day"

41-50 ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ Optimistic ÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Ãâ YouÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢re "on top of the world."

banner2mm5cwjg7.gif

Do not use that userbar. Thanks.

21 Here.

Salamoniesunsetsig5.png

8,325th to 99 Firemaking 3/9/08 | 44,811th to 99 Cooking 7/16/08

4,968th to 99 Farming 10/9/09 | Runescaper August 2005-March 2010

Tip.it Mod Feb. 2008-Sep. 2008 | Tip.it Crew Sep. 2008-Nov. 2009

40 here. Also, way to go getting an 8 on your test - even though you made it impossible to score anything less unless you skipped some questions.

Hell, why do people think it's 'cool' to be pessimistic anyway? Realistically thinking you should NOT get such a low score. Unless your pretty much brain dead, and unaware of medical advances, or any of that. Seriously people, come on.

I'm a realistically pessimistic {as everyone from the SODB knows}. This quiz is crap.

People sometimes have characteristics that they do not know they have, or understand. Knowing whether one is a pessimist or optimist is not one of them.

This quiz is crap.

Oh, and congratulations on scoring an 8 on your own quiz when you set the minimum score to be 10.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

I'm not going to take this test, it'll just be a huge waste of time. [/sarcasm]

Btw I think the quiz would be better off with "Optimist or realist".

Realizing how important it is to stop things like Global Warming doesn't really seem pessimistic to me. But that's just prolly me picking on crap.

rickastleywh7.png

31-40. Im occasionally optimistic, when i was expecting to be usually pessimistic because everyone says i am :P

That wasn't to me a really optimistic or pessimistic test, more a "How realistic in the real world are you?"

For instance Question 9. Yes, 100%, there already is- solar, wind, hydro electrics....

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

Oh man, I didn't really look at the quiz, but I just did a quick run through:

Apparently one gets 5 optimist points for believing that global warming will stop within our life time. Optimist.

Seriously, no one else catch that?

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

1. Do you think that people all over the world will be living in peace in 20 years? No, probably not.

2. Do you think that people will be living longer, healthier lives in 50 years? Yes, definitely.

probably not.

4. Do you think that scientists will find a cure for cancer or AIDS in your lifetime?Probably so.

5. Do you think global warming will be stopped in your lifetime? Maybe.

6. Do you think the world will be a better place for everyone by the next century? Probably not.

7. Do you think you will live your entire life more comfortably than your parents or grandparents? I think so.

8. Do you think the "information age" will result in higher education for everyone? Definitely yes.

9. Do you think that a new source of energy will be available when fossil fuels run out? Maybe.

10. Do you think human rights around the world will improve significantly in the next 20 years? Maybe.

My score: 33. "Every dog has his day."

siggiebw2.png

Noted raw mackerel drop... Wtfh?

Always buying: Watermelon seeds, 2K each. Strawberry seeds, 800 each. Contact Via PM on forums.

The questions shouldn't even be taken as evidence when you're deciding whether you're optimistic or pessimistic. Seriously man, that isn't the way to go about it. Why even take the test, it won't give you a true answer.

klaatu-tabs.jpg

"El que no arriesga no gana"

Your questions don't really measure a great deal of optimist nor pessimist potential :?

Common sense and logical thinking maybe but yeah... get better questions to put it bluntly.

1. Do you think that people all over the world will be living in peace in 20 years?

I'm an optimist but seriously with logical thinking here and common sense there will never be peace on this planet all together (save it preachers) yet alone in 20 years.

2. Do you think that people will be living longer, healthier lives in 50 years?

Common sense tells you age is increasing and so is the medical side.

Common sense says no.

This question isn't serious is it? lol...........

6. Do you think the world will be a better place for everyone by the next century?

You would be delusional if you thought it was and once again I'm an optimist saying this.

7. Do you think you will live your entire life more comfortably than your parents or grandparents?

This measures optimism and pessimism a little... Yes I nearly already have.

8. Do you think the "information age" will result in higher education for everyone?

Once again you're kidding right? This is a question?

9. Do you think that a new source of energy will be available when fossil fuels run out?

Hemp - read about it.

10. Do you think human rights around the world will improve significantly in the next 20 years?

They're improving slightly but it will never improve significantly. There will always be people who abuse power it is psychological and here to stay so get used to it.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I'm a realistically pessimistic {as everyone from the SODB knows}. This quiz is crap.

People sometimes have characteristics that they do not know they have, or understand. Knowing whether one is a pessimist or optimist is not one of them.

This quiz is crap.

Oh, and congratulations on scoring an 8 on your own quiz when you set the minimum score to be 10.

Yea, this is probably one of the worst quizzes I've seen. Most of those have nothing to do with being optimistic or pessimistic. If you answer the questions realistically you're probably going to get the most pessimistic one because of the questions you asked. Not only will it not be accurate because of that, but a lot of people who think they are optimistic will easily pick out the answers that will allow them to have a higher score.

EDIT: Goddess summed it up nicely =p. I was hoping she would use some of those psychology terms I learned in class that I couldn't remember.

Last.fm: http://www.last.fm/user/Aaronm14/

MY FAVORITE BAND:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=64310717

And the bible is the big book of lies, call me a racist if you must.

I'm a realist. This quiz is crap.

I'm with you basically. I could be optimistic and avoid thinking about the reality of the situations or likewise be a pessemist and avoid thinking about the reality of the situations.

For instance, going by how much we've advanced in medicine over the past 100 years and the increased rate by which we are advancing now due to better methods, I wouldn't be at all surprised if we will find a cure to diseases such as HIV and cancer in my lifetime.

Middle of the road.

This is completely irrevelant though. Are you deluded or realist? should be the question here. It's very deluded to think that human problems that have been with us for centuries would just disappear into thin air "in my lifetime" or "in the next 20 years". More than anything else, everything points that we are going towards environment, moral and social chaos. Really, it's not about being pessimist of optimistic anymore, it's about are you oblivious or not to the reality of the situation we are in.

2480+ total

I'm a realist. This quiz is crap.

yea seriously....i scored a 10....every answer was a no...

this quiz isnt very good im just being realistic...

we wont have world hunger stopped, and global warming will continue to get worse.,...so thanks for telling me what i all ready knew, im a realist.

heartless619.png

IGNORE THESE FOUR WORDS

banneruh3.jpg