Perm Mute= No clan chat

Lemeja

Is that really fair? That's sort of like adding to the punishment really. I think Jagex should lift a few mutes so we can at least try the new chat out.

EDIT: NO FLAMING!

nice to know the people who flame the most have been on tif the longest..

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that really fair? That's sort of like adding to the punishment really. I think Jagex should lift a few mutes so we can at least try the new chat out.

Or not...You were muted for a reason :-$

The "crime" was spamming my clan's name about 3 months ago.

I know everyone will agree with what you just posted, but personally I think that's kind of selfish.

How do you get permanently muted from only 2 reports?

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

You guys just dont get it...

This is almost like getting punished again and this time I haven't even spammed any clan names. I'm a normal respectful player just like everybody else but some guy just had to report me when I was doing a fun clan event.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

I do agree most peoples on this thread are being more then hard on you for no reason (Its not like you hacked or anything, everybody does dumb things) but sadly what is done is done, they cant start reversing mutes.. Besides being able to clan chat would totally ruin the point of muting. And real chat abusers would be more then happy to ruin people's day once more

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

I think I know about my own punishment. What I'm trying to say here is that not letting us use the clan chat is almost like punishing us again.

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

"mIRC"

It's better than the RS chat anyway.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Its not a second punishment, its the exact same one. The punishment is : Nobody will hear what you say, that's still the case

Quest cape obtained at combat level 83, march 07.

Dont do the crime if you cant do the time.

Just because you were at a clan event doesn't make the fact you were spamming acceptable, so you got a punishment for it.

As for clan chat, you did the crime, you got the punishment, its your own fault.

It'd hardly be a worthwhile punishment if they let you "try it out"

It'd be like letting all the perm banned accounts back on to try out every new update.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Can you people actually reply instead of just "omg u deserve the mute"?

I think mutes should be able to talk in clan chat, considering they'd only be heard by people who choose to hear them. :P

Thank you..

To everyone else: You guys are really heartless what have I done to hurt anybody else playing rs?

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

It'd hardly be a worthwhile punishment if they let you "try it out"

It'd be like letting all the perm banned accounts back on to try out every new update.

+1

Prayer 99

Range 99

Omw to become a Tank Ranger

Semperfy.png

Sheesh cut the guy some slack. Spamming in my opinion is not worth a permanent mute. Maybe the regular 2 days, but unless he had other blackmarks already, then I think a perm mute is too severe..

linkdg0.jpg

Check out my blog! (Click the image)

Thanks to Stalesoul for the sig!

If you are perm muted, can you chat to people on your friends list?

Clan chat should behave exactly the same.

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours

Or not...You were muted for a reason :-$

true. ::' ive never gotten reported for anything

im a good boy O:)

Shots-Sig.jpg

Well, i think its fairly harsh, and that the only reason everyone here feels superior is because they haven't experienced being muted permanently on a valuable account yet.

Jagex probably thought about it, but the hassle of deciding which mutes deserved to talk in clan chats, and whether the whiner community will rear their heads just didn't appeal to them.

Best thing to do is start a new account, runescape is nothing if you can't talk.

Life is a joke. Yeah, I don't get it either.

Why would anyone who is muted deserve to talk in clan chats?

The punishment for whatever infraction was committed is that you are not allowed to commnicate with others in game except through emotes. There is no reason for this to be reduced just because the game now has another way to chat.

I don't think there is any good reason why clan chat should be different from public or private chat. The fact that it is new and someone wants to "try it out" is certainly not a good reason.

bop_dravian.png