Parents name baby Superman

Lenin64

WELLINGTON (Reuters) - A New Zealand couple is looking to call their newborn son Superman -- but only because their chosen name of 4Real has been rejected by the government registry.

Pat and Sheena Wheaton say they will get around the decision by the Registrar of Births, Deaths and Marriages by officially naming their son Superman but referring to him as 4Real, the New Zealand Herald newspaper has reported.

The Wheatons decided on the name after seeing the baby for the first time in an ultrasound scan and realising their baby was "for real".

They decided 4Real was the best way to write it, but the name was rejected because the registrar said a name had to be a sequence of characters.

Pat Wheaton said he was considering appealing against the decision through the courts, but whatever happens he won't be budged on his choice.

"No matter what its going to stay 4Real," Wheaton told the Herald, "I'm certainly not a quitter".

A spokesman for the Department of Internal Affairs, which operates the registry told the Herald discussions with the Wheatons about their son's name were continuing.

The baby is now two months old, after the Wheatons first applied to register his name in later June.

Source: Yahoo.com

Should parents be be to name their kids names such as these? discuss.

Edit: in order to keep a valid discussion, what will/have you named your offspring?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not.. Normal names are SO overused, it's pathetic. People have no imagination... they can't invent names, they just copy copy copy.. superman, copied too..

2480+ total

I only wonder what the kid's reaction will be when he gets old enough to realize what his name is. . . I really think that parents should be a little less careless when naming thier kids. They might hate them for it later.

p2gq.jpg

4Real, I remember that story :P

I have no idea why parents want to call their child like that. There were even some parents who tried 'Bin Laden' or 'Saddam Hussein'..

But there is a girl's name that didnt got rejected, her name is 'Metallica' :)

carsignatureis3.jpg

[http://woopidoo2.deviantart.com]

[Tip.it Moderator from Dec 10, 2006 to 03 Sep, 2008]

Idiots.

Kids going to change his name as soon as he legally can.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

It seems it would have made more sense to have just went ahead and called him "fourreal" instead of going with superman, but any parents who would call their kid "4real" probably has no sense to began with.

vilnn2.png

Some people are like slinkies, normally they are dull, but they always give you a smile

when you push them down a flight of stairs.

It seems it would have made more sense to have just went ahead and called him "fourreal" instead of going with superman, but any parents who would call their kid "4real" probably has no sense to began with.

It would have made even more sense if it were forreal or foreal. But why Superman? Why not Spider man?

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Poor guy...he'll probably use another name for school/friends and change it when he legally can.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

It would have made even more sense if it were forreal or foreal. But why Superman? Why not Spider man?

Because everyone knows Superman >Spiderman <3:

Id call him Wonderwoman to be honest

:-k

I was named after a Star Wars Villian. <3:

"A time comes when silence is betrayal" MLKJ

Speak your mind, but be civil.

Get mad, but do not rage.

Do unto others as you would want done to yourself.

"]doughnutt.jpg

Follow the doughnut to my blog! :D

My dad wanted to call me Aragorn (This was about 13 years before the movies came out, thus no one but original fans would know my name.) My mom didnt like it though, and said no. I wish it was Aragorn... I would be famous >.

mergedliongr0xe9.gif

Sig by Ikurai

Your Guide to Posting! Behave or I will send my Moose mounted Beaver launchers at you!

Why not.. Normal names are SO overused, it's pathetic. People have no imagination... they can't invent names, they just copy copy copy.. superman, copied too..

Names like '4real' are just idiotic though. The kid is going to get a ton of grief for that crap.

I know of a couple who named their son Osian (pronounced o-shan). No problem there, it's a fairly common name in Wales. But their surname is Fish. Yes, these people named their child Osian Fish. Poor kid.

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy

I know of a couple who named their son Osian (pronounced o-shan). No problem there, it's a fairly common name in Wales. But their surname is Fish. Yes, these people named their child Osian Fish. Poor kid.

hahahaha thats too funny! :lol:

lighviolet1lk4.jpg