I'm starting High School Yikes!

Lemeja

Well I have until September the 4th to contemplate and imagine all the horrors waiting for me in my freshmen year. The '9th grade beatdown', getting lost in school, teachers and the big one: HOMEWORK.

What were your thoughts when you first started high school or, for those of you who're also becoming freshmen, what do you expect? I really need some advice from some of the older peeps :ohnoes: :uhh:

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going back as a sophomore in less than a week, and let me tell you, freshman year was a blast. It's nothing to be afraid of at all. The amount of homework I got was so small that I spent more time having fun than I did on homework. And freshmen are treated very well at my school, don't know about others but generally I've found that the horrible treatment of freshmen is a myth. So really, there's nothing to be afriad of, it's quite fun actually. What you really need to be afraid of is sophomore and junior year, or so I'm told. But I won't know until I get there, and neither will you.

p2gq.jpg

The '9th grade beatdown', getting lost in school, teachers and the big one: HOMEWORK.

What were your thoughts when you first started high school

Sorry, but I dont tihnk ive heard of the 9th grade beatdown.

I was worried about getting lost in school, but trust me, you'll know your way around eventually.

At my school, its not really the teachers who are in charge, its the kids <.<

Homework isnt the end of the world, and it isnt as "scary" as everyone makes it out to be. If you think answering a few questions like one night a week is tough, wait until you get into year 10 and 11.

When I was going into high school, I was mainly worried about finding my way around school, but you'll know eventually ::'

I thought somewhat the same as you.

Well, [bleep] that. You're not gonna get beat, lost maybe but you'll find your way, homework is like air, it's just there no matter what.

Don't worry about a thing, and you'll do fine.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

My freshman year was the worst of my high school experience so far (I'm a junior this year). I go to a big school and I got lost so easily and never managed to find my locker. I recommend trying to make friends with upper classmen. Upper classmen always know their way around the school and have probably taken all the classes you're taking so they can show you were the room is or help you with homework if you need it.

But don't worry about any freshman beatdown. That doesn't happen anymore :(

I thought somewhat the same as you.

Well, [bleep] that. You're not gonna get beat, lost maybe but you'll find your way, homework is like air, it's just there no matter what.

Don't worry about a thing, and you'll do fine.

+1

Dont worry about it kid.

High school is a blast and is really nothing to freak out about.

2czeqeh.jpg

Well I have until September the 4th to contemplate and imagine all the horrors waiting for me in my freshmen year. The '9th grade beatdown', getting lost in school, teachers and the big one: HOMEWORK.

What were your thoughts when you first started high school or, for those of you who're also becoming freshmen, what do you expect? I really need some advice from some of the older peeps :ohnoes: :uhh:

"Beatdown" - Nonexistent

Getting lost - Not a problem

Teachers - Don't you always have these?

Homework - See above (I get less homework in highschool than I did in elementary. srsly.)

Calm down. It's not a big deal. You can get away with missing assignments, skipping class, and sleeping (<-- WOOT!). It's a lot of fun if you don't try too hard.

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

@Blipo: Yeah, skipping in my school only gets you a one day in-school suspension. And sleeping in class, hah, I see that happening all the time.. About the only time I manage to fall asleep is during study hall (which I don't have to go to this year. Open campus ftw). Skipping homework.. I hardly did any homework last year and managed to pass all my classes (not great grades but I didn't fail).

"9th grade beatdown"

MYTH BUSTED! I have never seen this happen. I was friends with numerous juniors and a senior during my freshman year.

"Getting lost"

BUSTED! There are numbers on all the doors for a reason.

"Teachers"

BUSTED! High school teachers are nicer than all others in my experience.

"Homework"

BUSTED! Homework is simply what you don't finish in class.

chompysigpleaseswork.png

You only have to type four extra keys for me to not think "ur" an idiot.

solardeathray.teensupergenius.com

high school is so over-hyped, im not sure what your previous techers told you but i know mine described it as harvard on steroids, they always told me how i'd have 4 hours of homework per night, ridiculously hard tests, detentions for one tardy ect......they just do it to scare you its really just barely a step up from junior high....at least thats how it was for me

clansig7.gif

High school is potentially the easiest and most fun time of your life! Enjoy it while you're there, cuz it'll be over before you know it.

Maybe for you. This year (sophmore year) Im taking AP european history (hailed as the most difficult history class the school offers), Pre-Ap everything else, except astronomy, which I hear is actually a fun course. But at leats my history class is going to destroy any emotion i have left in me and turn me into a zombie. :uhh: . But not to worry. freshman year was incredibly easy. :thumbsup: .

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I just finished my first week of my freshmen year.

I worried about getting lost, but my first day I didn't. if you have questions just ask a teacher around there, or ask another student.

Homework, thats not bad at all I didn't have any this week..

"Freshmen Friday" is not real, I was worried about it, but I didn't see a single person trying to beat up or throw a freshmen in a trash can.

Don't worry about it, you'll be alright.

High school is potentially the easiest and most fun time of your life! Enjoy it while you're there, cuz it'll be over before you know it.

Maybe for you. This year (sophmore year) Im taking AP european history (hailed as the most difficult history class the school offers), Pre-Ap everything else, except astronomy, which I hear is actually a fun course. But at leats my history class is going to destroy any emotion i have left in me and turn me into a zombie. :uhh: . But not to worry. freshman year was incredibly easy. :thumbsup: .

I took several AP classes also, including math and computer science. Sure it can involve a bit of studying, still doesn't compare to the "the real world" (i.e. - working day in and day out until retirement, with no 3-month summer vacations and 3-week chirstmas breaks). The only things that sucks about high school is still be under parent's roof.

9th grade beatdown - they don't beat kids anymore depend on where you live. The only thing 9ers got at our school is written 9er on there foreheads, sing a song on the bus and push a penny with your nose. Harmless stuff.

Getting lost in school - After the first few days of school you shouldn't get lost. Plus the teachers don't care if your late on the first day. Just follow the numbers on the door and it shouldn't be a problem.

Teachers - High school teachers are a lot more fun than elementary. Period.

HOMEWORK - Pssh hw in grade 9 was so easy. A little of this, project of that, nothing that you can't do.

Seriously forget about everyone of these things. You will be fine guaranty*. Just have fun and meet knew friends.

*Just don't piss of the seniors and don't make everyone hate you. First impression last a long time.

Quit RuneScape :)

Freshman year was awsome. I've always been involved with sports so I knew all the Juniors and Seniors and that's basically all the people I hung out with except a few close friends in my grade. Plus I played varsity basketball football and baseball freshmen year so I knew everyone pretty well. You'll be fine, it's really not near as hard as teachers make it out to be. Don't act like a loser and try to make friends with some upper classmen. Get involved with sports, clubs, student goverment, something to help you blend in more socially. High school is what you make of it, if you decide to have a great time, than you will. If you decide to make a bad time of it, than that will happen just as easily. Teachers are cool, students really are generally pretty cool, just depends on who it is. You'll always have a few upper classmen that like to pick on freshmen but it's alright nothing really to serious.. freshmen get it the worst on sports teams though, so if you're playing a sport, be prepared. Atleast at my school, I really didn't get much because I was varsity, but freshmen team players and JV freshmen members got it pretty bad. But it's all in fun, the team will look out for you no matter what. Just have fun, do your work keep up grades and make friends. Basically the best advice you can get. Have fun and good luck.