career choices

RSBDavid

i have 2 weeks to decide classes for one of the following career choices i have decided to go with:

plastic suregon(im not a perv, after watcing dr. 90210 on tv.. it looks like a good job)

computer programmer

computer tech

electrician

if i was taking computer tech. id be taking networking,repair (we basically take and put computers apart for 36 weeks)

im getting ready for my junior year of hs

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Computer programmer or technician would be the best if you asked me. :)

It really depends on your personalities and character though, we can't just choose the "best" job out of four that doesn't even really link together.

rickastleywh7.png

Don't go with electrician. My dad is one and he complains about it constantly. He's constantly telling me not to follow his career choice. So. . . go with one of the other ones lol.

p2gq.jpg

Don't go with electrician. My dad is one and he complains about it constantly. He's constantly telling me not to follow his career choice. So. . . go with one of the other ones lol.

My dad's one and he always tells me to consider it. Everyone wants a white-collar job so there's a pretty nice market for blue-collar jobs

Around here, anyway

I plan to go into Business though

i have 2 weeks to decide classes for one of the following career choices i have decided to go with:

plastic suregon(im not a perv, after watcing dr. 90210 on tv.. it looks like a good job)

computer programmer

computer tech

electrician

if i was taking computer tech. id be taking networking,repair (we basically take and put computers apart for 36 weeks)

im getting ready for my junior year of hs

Im nobody to choose a career for you, but I'd choose between computer programmer and tech. However, this are only my preferences, I can't know what your preferences are.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

I would choose computer tech. I'm currently taking this so, thats why I would pick it. :)

Computer programmer would be a good choice too but me personally I could not sit down in a room and just type on a keyboard for hours a day. You may like this so you will need to decide.

goldenblade995.png

Hm, this has bneen bothering me to, what should I choose?

Enlist In USCG serve, then go to college for international buisness

Enlist, and stay in USCG

Or Go to college, then go in USCG as officer?

:-k

Plastic surgeon is porbably quite hard, maybe computer tech or electiontrician might be your thing :-k

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

My only advice is pick something you enjoy even if it won't lead to a career that'll make you immensly rich. Trust me you don't want to be a year or two into a course then realise that it's making you miserable.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

Pick whatever sounds the most fun at the time. Your career should be something you will enjoy years down the line, but don't make "set in stone" choices now. I started college wanting to major in IS, but I'm now on my third major :P

~M

Pick whatever sounds the most fun at the time. Your career should be something you will enjoy years down the line, but don't make "set in stone" choices now. I started college wanting to major in IS, but I'm now on my third major :P

Wow. Never knew you dropped by here lol! Most crewbies run a mile form this place. :P

IMHO, it really makes no difference. It's ridiculous and untrue to suggest you have to choose your career so young. TBH, none of us really know until we're in our early/mid 20s.

choose the one that interests you most, not the one that most people on here say.

I wish I'd looked more into electrician type courses or classes when I was choosing my education path, I may even do in the future, who knows.

sig2ho7.jpg

you got 2 years before you go to college and your already worrying about what you wanna do? and when you get you to college most people change their major around 4-5 times....AND your asking on on-line forum of a bunch of people that dont even know you?

if your not getting what im saying its, you have plenty of time worry about it when the time comes, dont stress about it, yes its important but you still have alot of time

and high school classes defently dont prepare you the way college is ganna

legends2.jpg

Wow. Never knew you dropped by here lol! Most crewbies run a mile form this place. :P

IMHO, it really makes no difference. It's ridiculous and untrue to suggest you have to choose your career so young. TBH, none of us really know until we're in our early/mid 20s.

Actually, I post here(willingly) more often than I do the other boards. Not playing rs really makes rs related conversations hard to join in :P

~M

I'd go for plastic surgeon by far, its an up and coming profession, and the amount of money you can potentially make is more than worth all the work for it. In my opinion, its also the most fun out of all of them. But seriously, if you want to be almost guaranteed rich, I'd go with plastic surgeon. Plus, if you start your own business, you can take off whenever you want. Surgery, in general, is a great profession, but they are mostly all hospital bound and have little freedom, so I would recommend plastic surgeon.

Do what you want, but it all really depends on how far you want to go [monetary-wise] in life. The computer technician/programmer job is very limited. There are hundreds of people with that expertise, and you'll most likely land yourself in some big computer business as a drone. Electrician is an ok job also, but again there are so many electricians out there. But you can always start your own electrician business.

And think about it for a second, computer technician is all about dealing with frustrated consumers who are almost completely ignorant on how to use their computer. You would be fixing computers day in and day out. I would probably shoot myself if I had to do that.

It all comes down to what you really want to do though.

happiehour.jpeg

I would choose computer programmer if i was given those four choices... Sounds like the most fun. You can trick out your computer for free (except for parts), and you know how to do it! SCREW YOU GEEK SQUAD!

But I want to be diverse, maybe an astronomer or a cook. I dont know yet.

SPLEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure what TBH means (dang chat speak >.<) but I disagree. I know people how at 5 knew what they wanted to be, actually stuck with it, and are now happy and successful in their profession. That's an extreme example, but many people know by sophomore (spelling?) year in high school (myself included).

I also think it's a great idea to try out career choices like that young so you can use less time picking a major and future career (if you haven't already decided).

Cowards can't block Warriors.

I'd go for plastic surgeon by far, its an up and coming profession, and the amount of money you can potentially make is more than worth all the work for it. In my opinion, its also the most fun out of all of them. But seriously, if you want to be almost guaranteed rich, I'd go with plastic surgeon. Plus, if you start your own business, you can take off whenever you want. Surgery, in general, is a great profession, but they are mostly all hospital bound and have little freedom, so I would recommend plastic surgeon.

Do what you want, but it all really depends on how far you want to go [monetary-wise] in life. The computer technician/programmer job is very limited. There are hundreds of people with that expertise, and you'll most likely land yourself in some big computer business as a drone. Electrician is an ok job also, but again there are so many electricians out there. But you can always start your own electrician business.

And think about it for a second, computer technician is all about dealing with frustrated consumers who are almost completely ignorant on how to use their computer. You would be fixing computers day in and day out. I would probably shoot myself if I had to do that.

It all comes down to what you really want to do though.

Eh, I wouldn't worry about the money or salaries, just do whatever you like better.

Eh, I wouldn't worry about the money or salaries, just do whatever you like better.

I don't think, after 20 years, you would be happy fixing your 10,000th customers computer. Mabye thats what your into.

If I enjoy fixing people's computers, I'd fix peoples computers for a living. Do what you enjoy, not what makes the most money. If I get tired of fixing computers, I'm free to do something else I think would benefit society.

If I enjoy fixing people's computers, I'd fix peoples computers for a living. Do what you enjoy, not what makes the most money. If I get tired of fixing computers, I'm free to do something else I think would benefit society.

Ok thats cool then :), its just that the tech guys at, say, bestbuy, seem like lifeless drones who want to kill themselves. I guess I shouldn't have overlooked the fact that some really do enjoy it.

happiehour.jpeg

Ok thats cool then :), its just that the tech guys at, say, bestbuy, seem like lifeless drones who want to kill themselves. I guess I shouldn't have overlooked the fact that some really do enjoy it.

I suppose it would get a bit boring after a while, but I never said I wanted to be a tech guy, I was just being hypothetical. But the answer is not to try to get a job that makes you rich, but find something both enjoyable and won't eventually become boring. And hey, if it does get boring, you can always change jobs.