What is so bad about RC pk'ing?

ugafan_2009

I have no problems with RC PKers as long as they are always ready to fight any other PKer, and not focus solely on RuneCrafters.

For example, the RC PKers who:

1) Tele when attacked by a PKer

2) Pray when attacked by a PKer

OR

3) Flame horribly

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoever said something about me never meeting a rc pker with tb and being held there while they spec me, well if i see someone my level and they tb me i run back, if they snare/entangle first i tele, and if there the ones that just sit there ice blitzing i drop one ess take off my glory and tele, really quite simple, and to the picture above not all are stupid enough to take lobs lol.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayl4.png

Quit. PM me if you play The Conduit to exchange friend codes.

I think rc pking is perfectly fine. Granted I find it annoying that when it's crowded it takes about 3-3.5 hours of rcing for 5K nats when using the abyss due to rc pkers, but at the same time it wouldn't take the wildy if they weren't meant to die time to time.

Also, I used to be a rc pker back before construction came out. I'd just barrage and use addy knives, but more people use 1-click teleports since then, and I decided to respect those rcers that actually have intelligence.

As for the rc p kers. They really gotta learn that cannons are the way to go to kill those annoying skellies.

captain_poet.png

After reading what everybody posted, these are my opinions.

-They liven up nat crafting somewhat.

-Yes, stopping someone from getting their pouches back is evil.

-They run simply because they don't want to die and lose their stuff, same as everyone (not everyone runs, but no one wants to lose pixels), but running after just one spec may be pushing it =/

-Yes, losing pouches is not fun.

-People do it because it's a cheaper, watered down version of pking. Baby steps!

-If they run away when you try to kill them, so much the better for you! That's one less trying to kill you..

Those with contrary opinions, please respond :P

-reck

Recksash.png

Politics,n. Strife of interests masquerading as a conflict of principles. -Ambrose Bierce

Barrow drops:

Verac's Helm

What people also forget, if you lose your pouches you are also out the cash you could have potentially made while you spend time getting them back. Someone through out 450K an hour? If it takes you *only* half an hour to get all of the pouches back thats 225K to get them. Now like most normal people, we don't luck out, it took me almost 2 hours when I did it the last time. Thats a lose of nearly 1 million to a lowly RC pker.

The only times I've been killed are when TBed. I have personally never seen one actually stay and fight when I've gone back to try and kill them (which I've done maybe 10 times. I'm sure there are some out there who will fight in a fair fight, but the overwhelming majority of them are nothing but bullies who basically just steal candy from babies because they can't take people their own age.

Riqualyn.png

let them try to rc pk us, it's more entertaining then dangerous for me, It stops bordem to know someone hunting you down everytime you just the ditch :XD:

Don't you know the first rule of MMO's? Anyone higher level than you has no life, and anyone lower than you is a noob.

People in OT eat glass when they are bored.

when you lose your pouches..
Drop them.

The glories you worked so hard for :|
I can make about 400k an hour rc'ing. That's 8 glories. 60/8 equals about 7.5

So it takes 7:30 for the time it took to make the gp for a glory. I know it's such a huge deal.

you have some good points. but since you pked them, they have less glories. not all rcers have 8 glories. they won't be able to make that sort of money.from personal experience its really hard to rc when you have 3 glories.REALLY hard. with less than that you're better off picking flax :anxious:

rc pking would be better if people sold some of your stuff back at discount.

say 40k for a glory and pouches shouldn't be so god damn hard to get.lol

but you make some interesting arguments there.

360 GT: hotdogstandyeah

Rc pkers save us from boredom. Provided you take the required precations, theres nothing to be whining about. Funny to see them camp all the time to kill me but get nothing rofl. Sometimes i bring a dds to piss them off too. Adds flavor to bland rcing sometimes :wink:

Vicfung3.png

What remains to amaze me is that nearly everyone thinks that abyssal rc is the only way of crafting runes. If you don't want to risk the wildy, don't use the abbys. All the complains about getting puches back and that there is no honor in rc pking all boil to down to that. Don't like it, don't do it!

There are plenty of of alternative ways: karamja general store route, gnome glider route and fairyrings. But rc'ers don't like these because they those methods generate less profit. But still that profit is pretty good, better than most other skill related money making methods. The real problem is not rc pk'ers, but the abbyssal runecrafters' greed!

phata_elise.png

Rc pkers are ftw. They are like, easy to kill. Get a friend your level, lure the rc pker to wildy, and get your friend to kill them. Voila

mysticfarseerddshm5.png

Props to uga to lure the rc pker. Exactly 2 specced. Yeah, they r liek hard to kill dood. Dey tele n such. LIEK OMG. Learn to kill them, try to kill them, and just keep trying for pixels.

Ranged Crave

WOOT! GO RANGED!

But yea, as an earlier person stated. The thing that ticks me off, is if you fight back they call you a noob, pray melee or even, lol, tele tab out. Its like, kill me, whatever, I'll just go Barrows to earn my money. But don't be such a chicken. I HAVE A BRONZE PICK. Like thats really gonna hurt you. :roll:

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

im on the whole other side of that i dont kil rcers i help em i kill the rc pkers so i guse u could call me a rc pker pker u get:dds' / mystic / runes/ sometimes rune sets / and the ocasional whip (havent been that lucky yet) and when u pk rcers u get :glory / blk d hide set / p ess / and rune pic i think the pkers drops r better :D

TRIVIUM

Rc pkers are ftw. They are like, easy to kill. Get a friend your level, lure the rc pker to wildy, and get your friend to kill them. Voila

mysticfarseerddshm5.png

Props to uga to lure the rc pker. Exactly 2 specced. Yeah, they r liek hard to kill dood. Dey tele n such. LIEK OMG. Learn to kill them, try to kill them, and just keep trying for pixels.

Ranged Crave

WOOT! GO RANGED!

But yea, as an earlier person stated. The thing that ticks me off, is if you fight back they call you a noob, pray melee or even, lol, tele tab out. Its like, kill me, whatever, I'll just go Barrows to earn my money. But don't be such a chicken. I HAVE A BRONZE PICK. Like thats really gonna hurt you. :roll:

see now thats what i meen seriously kill the pkers rather than rcers you get way beter

TRIVIUM

Very good thread and arguments from the topic starter. I like how those who try to disagree with him don't have amny valid arguments. The fact is, there is nothing wrong with RC pkers. If you go in the wild you risk dying. This is the same for anyone who goes into the wild including the RCer and Pker. If you hate the RC pkers you can always go kill them. If you find it dishonorable that they do not let you kill them and get their stuff, then you could always try begging for free stuff. I understand that some people will always hate these pkers but there is still no valid argument why.

Suggestions for people who don't want to risk anything to RC pkers:

Don't bring pouches, Don't bring anything except pure essence, Use home tele instead of a glory, use abbysal bracelets, or create a lvl 3 RC pure

As ridiculous as these suggestions may seem, most argument against RC pkers are just as ridiculous. Go ahead and flame me if you want. I like fire anyways.

There is also nothing wrong with those who pk RC pkers. I would encourage this over the other because the drops are better as others have stated and showed in this thread.

Attacking an unarmed person smacks of cowardice to me and I would never do it, but it is your choice to do so. I'm sorry you cant rc pk and say "don't hate me please", the second you make that choice you lose the right to be liked.

Don't try and justify something that most people hate, just do it and take the insults!

Playing WoW

Server - Ghostlands US

My mian is Redshifter - Level 80 Feral Druid

how about rune ore pkers? dont those guys suck.

and green dragon pkers, they suck too.

anyone that trains in the wild shouldnt be killed, the wild is supposed to be risk free :(

:-w

Bbc_3.gif

4000000657th to 99 cookin

555555406th to 99 flethcin

anyone that trains in the wild shouldnt be killed, the wild is supposed to be risk free :(

i could taste the sarcasm. lol

neway, rc pking is hard

if you tb, they run to mage and tele (tb wont stop it) before u can tangle

tangle first, they tele

u gotta b fast and lucky to get one, tbh

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Uhm, It's just sad to pk for a glory... 50k.. WOEHOE! Don't spoil the fun of others and leave runecrafters alone..

RC pkers MAKE abyss rcing fun. Without them, it would be another boring skill to grind through. Don't wanna lose your pouches? Learn to defend yourself. I have been rcpked once. Who is to blame? Me. I was too arrogant to take a teletab, so I died.

Be smart and you will have fun dodging the Pkers.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

i was getting abused by a rc pker because he couldnt kill me.i had p chat on because i was buying coal so i crafted nats while waiting for replies and a pker ddp++ me but i maneged to get away from him.i used my teletab and died in house.when i came back and put on melee prayer he started trash talking me because he couldnt pk me so i just ignored him.i dont mind when teh rc pkers actually have a good strategy and i still manage to foil them :anxious: but to me their the lowest form of all pkers,pking vunerable people,although i witnesed a crafter take down a pker with a rune pic,interesting :-k

tifsdac6mc.gif

Easy answer - there is nothing wrong with RC pkers. Most (not all, but most) pkers pick on players who they know they can defeat. It happens at Mage Bank, the agility course, rune rocks, boneyard, green dragons, greater demons, and to treasure trailers. Players only hate on RC pkers because they lower the profits they can make through runecrafting. But really, RC pkers are just doing what most pkers do - picking on easy targets in order to make easy profits. The abyss just happens to have a better supply of easy targets than any other part of the wildy. Therefore, pkers to congregate there.

I also suspect that people who get pked while RCing are upset that they lack the basic mental capacity required to escape the pkers - either by using fairy rings, or by bringing a one-click tele and knowing what to do depending on which spell they get hit with first.

i could taste the sarcasm. lol

neway, rc pking is hard

if you tb, they run to mage and tele (tb wont stop it) before u can tangle

tangle first, they tele

u gotta b fast and lucky to get one, tbh

Took the words right out of my mouth.

I RC pk loads, I LOVE people flaming me for it, it makes me laugh so much when they call me un-honorable and all that rubbish. Its also a lot of fun to spec someone when they can't do a damn thing about it.

cheesebap7dz.jpg

506953538win2.JPG

^Poker Tournament^