What is so bad about RC pk'ing?

ugafan_2009

Note: Yes, this is borderline Debate Club. But, I'm posting here for two reasons. First, that is one of the slowest boards on here. Second, we need an actual discussions rather than threads like "What's your favorite color boots?"

Ok, rc pk'ers are generally hated by the RS community. They seem to be classified about as low as the macros and scammers in most 'scapers eyes. But why exactly is rc pk'ing so nooby and dishonorable?

----

First off, it is THE risk involved in the fast way of runecrafting and making money. You see the warning when you hop the ditch. You can't complain about people killing you when you're in the wild. If you don't want to die, use the fairy rings.

----

Why do people rc pk?

For one, it's sort of fun. Mind, I spend much more time rc'ing than pk'ing, but it is a fun way to pass the time. No, they usually don't do it for profit. It is a HORRIBLE way of making money. I can make enough money for like 8 glories in an hour of rc'ing, but only can get like 3 or 4 on a good hour.

----

Common RC arguments

"But we're defenseless!"

Guess what, so are pk'ers. In fact, your hides provide a better melee bonus than our robes. A "real" pk'er can easily kill a rc pk'er in 2 specs. If you're going to complain that you don't have food, it's your fault. You won't get pk'ed if you carry a brew. Trust me.

"It's only a glory."

Thats a stupid argument. It's only a glory, quit crying. And also, many rc'ers have fremmy helms/mystic parts/rune picks. I've killed karils once and had guthix d'hide down under half when a "real" pk'er tagged me.

"It's dishonor"

Yes, the good ole' honor code. It's a brilliant idea really. Only problem is, nobody follows it. And somehow, the teletubbies, safers, taggers, and pj'ers do better. I hate it too, but "if you can't beat em, join em." I really wish I didn't have to join the ranks of no honors, but you're in the minority if you don't. And that usually involves losing pixels.

"The glory isn't a big deal, it's the pouches."

I'll give you this one, pouches can be a pain. But, seriously, it usually takes like 15 minutes. At the most, an hour, but also it can be done in under 5.

"Rc pk'ing takes no skill"

Honestly, it takes more skill than "real" pk'ing. First off, you MUST have 85 mage or you'll fail miserably. Also, it's hard to tb/tangle before they reach the mage. And even then, it's hard to kill them in those 15 seconds they're frozen.

All "real" pk'ing(edge at least) is is hitting opponent with a whip over and over until one is dead. I know eating at the right time, dds pullouts, and all that takes a little skill. But it really isn't that difficult. Also, edge pk'ers risk 150k, 1.6m if they're stupid enough to lose whip(which has happened to me before, 8 times :P )

My rc pk gear is over 2m not counting whip, 3.7 if I lose it.

*If anyone else has a counter argument to add, I'll post here and try to defend it. I know I've heard more.

With that said, rc'ing is my highest non-combat stat. I have made well over 150k nature runes in my RS career. I've been pk'ed about 5 times. Really not that big of a problem, pk'ers are easy to avoid.

1) Choose a smart world(this does not mean German, extremely low population, 66, or 36)

2) Take a tele tab. And use it. When you're entangled or hit high, click it.

3) Attack the skeletons, works like a charm.

4) If you have a pk'er in your world, take a brew. 66 hp in one bottle, gonna be hard for a pk'er to do all that in the 15 seconds he has you tangled.

5) Get a few pk'er friends. I am level 103 and have a few friends in my range that are more than happy to go spec out some free mystic.

6) Annoy the pk'ers. My personal favorite :D Just dds once, get them poisoned, and run to the abyss. Or even better, use the seercul bow. One well placed special and they won't be tb'ing you for a few minutes.

Some final words, I know it's frustrating when you get pk'ed rc'ing. When you have to tele away from one, that's 53 less nats you could have banked. They do get annoying. But please, just accept it as part of the game. Quit complaining about getting killed. Just be smarter in the future and don't get pk'ed.

There, I'm done. :-w :oops: :D

Quit RS, combat 104, total 1651

ugafan2009.png

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You make excellent points. What ticks me off about them so much is their cowardice. At least 80% of the RC pkers I've gone back to kill have been cowards. Without even putting up a fight to see if they can kill me they escape. Escaping is all good, but at least put up a fight. If youre attacking people who generally don't fight back and then run when someone does fight back... that's just shameful. :shame:

Cowards can't block Warriors.

when you lose your pouches..
Drop them.

The glories you worked so hard for :|
I can make about 400k an hour rc'ing. That's 8 glories. 60/8 equals about 7.5

So it takes 7:30 for the time it took to make the gp for a glory. I know it's such a huge deal.

ugafan2009.png

You make excellent points. What ticks me off about them so much is their cowardice. At least 80% of the RC pkers I've gone back to kill have been cowards. Without even putting up a fight to see if they can kill me they escape. Escaping is all good, but at least put up a fight. If youre attacking people who generally don't fight back and then run when someone does fight back... that's just shameful. :shame:

It's more damn annoying than anything.

Most rc pkers are total amatures in the first place, I do emotes and run around them tons of times just to expose their lack of speed. :XD: Rc pkers are a joke, I've never feared them to begin with. :P

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

Most rc pkers are total amatures in the first place, I do emotes and run around them tons of times just to expose their lack of speed. :XD: Rc pkers are a joke, I've never feared them to begin with. :P

I like killing them and taking their stuff (usually runes and potions) to show their lack of any pking skill (though one can argue it takes no skill), because I never click other players unless it's an RC Pker.

Cowards can't block Warriors.

Really they just stand there and wait, pretty sad in my opinion. Why DONT THEY DO SOMETHING FUN AND ACTUALLY GO TO A BUSY WORLD AND PK LIKE normal human beings.
Well I find it fun. And you lose much less money than actual pk'ing(me at least :P).

And it's more fun than running around in circles going to abyss and back.

I like killing them and taking their stuff (usually runes and potions) to show their lack of any pking skill (though one can argue it takes no skill), because I never click other players unless it's an RC Pker.

Oh....I totally forgot the no skill argument. Knew I was missing something. Give me a few mins to edit in.

And kudos to you if you can kill them, I've personally never died rc pk'ing.

And yes, I love spec'ing out other rc pk'ers. :P

ugafan2009.png

Skill? What skill?

Of all the people that tried to rc pk me, I come back, with DDS, they flick Melee Protect on, run away and call me a noob. Nice display of skill.

I've asked many on numerous occasions to have a battle, they always decline, run to the ditch and probably hop worlds.

Point is, they prey on the people who have no proper fighting gear. When we come back for a fight, they don't have enough guts to fight you. They are looking for easy cash, an easy PK, not for fun. If they really wanted to have fun, they would go fight someone who actually has REAL weapons. Not just attacking people who have nothing on them. :roll:

cgknightofroundsorigina.jpg

99 Hits, Attack, Strength, Defence, Mage, Summoning, Slayer, Ranged, 96/99 Prayer

Wow.. This thread is full of fail. Did you seriously just argue that it takes MORE skill to RC pk than to pk regularly? Yeah, it takes a whole lot of skill to tb, entangle and dds spec someone with no prayer or food... NOT. If you seriously think rc pking takes more kill than "regular pking," you're an idiot.

You're trying to say it takes skill because you need to have 85 mage? Yeah, 85 mage sure takes a whole lot of skill, took me a good 40 000 clicks in the same spot of my inventory to alch to there.

Really, it's just lame, they have no chance of fighting back, they have no food, no prayer, no weapon (aside from maybe a pickaxe or wc axe.) But honestly, I don't care if you try to pk me while I'm rcing, I'm 62 rc now and haven't ever been pked doing abyss crafting, it's pretty easy to avoid. What I would like is for you guys to NOT pray/run/tele the INSTANT I attack you with actual pk gear after you tried to pk me while rcing.

i agree

ps. i like blue boots

Hephaestos8.gif

The reason why i hate rc pkers is because i have yet to ever come across a rc pker who didn't tele when i came back in gear. Your excuse may be oh its cause your gonna lose 2m if you die blah blah blah grow some balls if your gonna try to kill someone you gotta expect them to try to kill you and if your to scared to fight then don't even bother trying to pk the rcers. I have no problem with people trying to pk me while im in the wild i think rcing is worth the risk but if someone tries to kill me and i come back to fight them and they run it proves they are noobs who have no balls simple as that.

tifsig3pw9.png

jese1mz7.png

right now I'm crafting 30k nats and rc pkers do get annoying heres just a few reasons.

1. when I try to fight them they run.

2. when I hit a 33 they run

3. when I get them to low hp they tele

4. they pk me when I'm unskulled

5. they call me sad when I hit a 3-0 with a dds spec

6. they call me sad when I tangle tb and dds them.

theres many more reasons which I have not listed.

Dragon drops - 2

visage drops- 1

barrow drops - 5

I'm in two minds on this one.

1. It's the wilderness. You gotta expect to be attacked. If I use the abyss, it's me, my pouches and the tiara.

2. Where's the satisfaction in killing a completely unarmed player? I'd see it as more of an achievement to kill someone who's eating and using pots. But I know that's not the way everyone else sees it.

I stand by "risk vs reward." If you're not prepared to risk being pked, find another way to do it.

Ananke32.png

right now I'm crafting 30k nats and rc pkers do get annoying heres just a few reasons.

1. when I try to fight them they run.

2. when I hit a 33 they run

3. when I get them to low hp they tele

4. they pk me when I'm unskulled

5. they call me sad when I hit a 3-0 with a dds spec

6. they call me sad when I tangle tb and dds them.

theres many more reasons which I have not listed.

I agree with all of these, but i have some more things to say. Pking rcers is the lowest you can go, apart from luring and scamming. People say its hard..No, its not. Your basically killing someone with 0 food. If you entangle them and tb them, you can have up to 20 secodns to do 70-99 damage. Now this is on someone with 0 prayer, and dragon hide, and you have 4 dds specs and a whip most likly. I know entangle dosnt always hold for 20 seconds, but i can, and that is a very easy kill. And the skeletons are no big deal. OMG! A level 22 skeleton...:S! There are plenty of people who like killing rcers who will gladly kill these for you. So, imo, and a lot of tipit's i think, it takes little skill, and is pointless. Thats why i for one have kill 4 serious rc pkers (not 1 itemrs ^_^)!

LOL

Wow.. This thread is full of fail. Did you seriously just argue that it takes MORE skill to RC pk than to pk regularly? Yeah, it takes a whole lot of skill to tb, entangle and dds spec someone with no prayer or food... NOT. If you seriously think rc pking takes more kill than "regular pking," you're an idiot.

Uhh...go get full gear for rc pking. Now go and try to tb, and tangle someone before you get pjed by skeles, if you get past that, try to spec 4 times have fun

Oh and try it on someone 90-105 cmb, They click tab right away or bring a brew if they are smart

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

If not for the abyss pkers runecrafting nats would be without risk (oh, one of the bugs in the abyss might hit a 9 on you as you stroll to the right passageway). No-risk nats through the abyss would mean everyone would do it, which would mean the price of nats would plummet.

RC pkers keep the price of nats high enough to make crafting nats through the abyss worthwhile.

If you don't want to be killed when crafting, don't skull - use the bracelets, that's what they're for. If you're not skulled then even the thickest pker knows that you won't be leaving a glory behind.

siganizq4.gif

I only rc pk when im really bored, I constantly have people who pk in edge telling me there is a 122 in mystic in this world rc pking. So I try and spec them out. If I clear a world and im bored, ill kill a rc and either he, or his friends will come in gear to try and kill me. If they kill me they get 16M, if i kill the rcer i get 55-70k WOW!!!!!! Always a fun thing to do.

I love rc pkers, they make it more exciting for me, since I settled down with a single method, I have never died to a rc pker, or gotten near it. (I'm level 96 with 79 hits and 80 defense)

Dear rc pkers, catch me if you can, I love seeing splashes and 0-0 specs.

Sometimes I'll stand there for a minute and watch the crappy specs and laugh at the pkers, get on their nerves and get called a defense noob.

1z2zrwo.jpg

Yep uga, anything goes in the wild :-w It's not "wild" for nothing :-w

All "real" pk'ing(edge at least) is is hitting opponent with a whip over and over until one is dead. I know eating at the right time, dds pullouts, and all that takes a little skill. But it really isn't that difficult. Also, edge pk'ers risk 150k, 1.6m if they're stupid enough to lose whip(which has happened to me before, 8 times )

Hardly ever do rc pkers have to eat. Therefore they can focus more on the rcer and it is easier. -.- Pker = offence and defence. Rc Pker = offence

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

I didn't read what other's have posted, so this might have already been said.

Ok, I agree that the risk is supposed to be there, etc.

But, the result of rc pking is pretty much rcer's misery. I know how awful I've felt after I got rc pked, the thought of getting all those pouches again. It's like being the bully at school, to a sadistic mind, it's fun, but the fun is in making other people feel bad. Please, think about that, how you make other people feel.

So ask youself: What is bad about inflicting misery upon others? In the real world, you take the risk of ridicule if you interact with people, does that mean it's right to unfairly bully others?

*edit* Italian, dedicated rc pkers teleblock, so often you are bound in one spot, while some jerk dds specials you, making you lose all your pouchs, and most likely making you not want to play for the rest of the day.

snowsigyy7.png

I agree that it is kind-of fun. What really ticks me off is when they kill you twice, so you can't get back to your pouches in time (happened to me twice). The second time, you have no items and are not skulled, so they only kill out out of pure evil :twisted:

lalalasig2.png