3 September 2007 - The Path of Glouphrie

dragon312

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

can anyone else wear their quest cape or is ti just me?

I can wear mine.....

Although I don't have one myself, I have noticed that... maybe they forgot to give quest points out at the end of this quest, so people can still wear it?

Goals to get my skills back up to a barely respectable level on the high scores:

mayjest.png

Currently going for Bone to Peaches spell. It's amazing how boring doing the same repetitive task is! Stupid MTA

A small change has been made to single-way combat in the Wilderness. Player-vs-player combat now takes precedence over monster fighting, meaning that anyone in battle with a creature can still be attacked by another player. Before, a player could fight another player, run away, enter combat with a creature, and stop the other player from attacking them. All other single-way combat rules still apply, with only one player able to attack you at a time, and only one creature able to attack at any time.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Way to go Jagex, now any noob can PK a abyss RC'er.

The only way Jagex could even justify this is to finally introduce the last runes to RC'ing.

Its like the trench only 10 times more annoying.

EDIT This is why Jagex have done this:

Ever since the Zamorak Magical Institute discovered that Saradomin's wizards had found altars to create runes, they've been itching to get an altar of their own. Their time has almost arrived: a new altar has been unearthed and it is unlike anything the mages have ever encountered. It will grant the ability to create runes higher than their normal skill requirements, but it's just a wee bit unpredictable...

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

A small change has been made to single-way combat in the Wilderness. Player-vs-player combat now takes precedence over monster fighting, meaning that anyone in battle with a creature can still be attacked by another player. Before, a player could fight another player, run away, enter combat with a creature, and stop the other player from attacking them. All other single-way combat rules still apply, with only one player able to attack you at a time, and only one creature able to attack at any time.

The only way Jagex could even justify this is to finally introduce the last runes to RC'ing.

How's it even affect rc pking? o_O Any 'decent' rc pker would freeze long before the rcer has reached the skeletons, and if they'd been attacked by a skele in level 1, the attack had 'worn off' by the time they get half way to the mage anyway. It has very little impact, if any at all, on rc pking :?

Dork.jpeg

Sig And Avatar by Tripsis - 99 Slayer Blog - My Pyramid Plunder Guide

Owner of Fire Cape since 28-09-2005 - 426th to 99 Strength

How's it even affect rc pking? o_O Any 'decent' rc pker would freeze long before the rcer has reached the skeletons, and if they'd been attacked by a skele in level 1, the attack had 'worn off' by the time they get half way to the mage anyway. It has very little impact, if any at all, on rc pking :?

i agree with dork.if youre that concerned then take a sara brew when youre up against it.heck of a load of hp in one bottle and you should be able to escape thefreezing affect or teleblock by then.

tifsdac6mc.gif

Any information on the three level 143 monsters described in the requirements would be appreciated.

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Quest complete, pretty good reward for the time it takes!

SPOILERS:

REWARD:

[hide]ScreenShot290.jpg[/hide]

Rough Guide:

[hide]

Go to tree gnome village, speak to the king there.

Go outside of the village and into the dungeon nearby, speak to the gnome there. Then go through the hole in the other side.

Push the blocks to get past, then open one chest for the key, and another chest for some of those coin things.

Open the mahogany chest and get the key, use this key on the door to your (west)? once inside you'll see the same machine from the previous quest.

Use your purple triangle on the exchanger until you get one that's only 2 tokens.

Then use your Purple Square on the top slow, and the two you just recevied from the exchanger in the bottom.

Go back up to the king, and kill the evil creature, speak to the king and you'll be told to go to the gnome who does deliveries.

Speak to this gnome and you'll be given some co-ords. TEleport south of Castlewars, and bring a crossbow + mith grapple, go along the south wall of cw and grab onto the tree to swing accross. Speak to the spirit tree there to find out that you need to cure it.

Bring your crystal saw (Or another crystal item maybe, not sure) back to the dungeon where you pushed the blocks around.

Turn the saw back into a crystal, then turn it into chimes.

Bring these chimes to the tree that's ill and use them, the tree will be cured and you can teleport between this and the other tree spirits.

Go into the dungeon and bring energy potions + food + prayer pots.

In the dungeon use protect from range and run through until you find the room with the 3 level 143 terrorbirds.

Protect from range still and use the chime on them, this makes it so you can attack them for a short period of time.

After they're all dead look through the door and see two terrorbirds talking, after the cutscene you'll end up in Hazelmeres house.

Speak to Hazelmere to finish the quest.

[/hide]

Quest complete, pretty good reward for the time it takes!

SPOILERS:

REWARD:

[hide]ScreenShot290.jpg[/hide]

Rough Guide:

[hide]

Go to tree gnome village, speak to the king there.

Go outside of the village and into the dungeon nearby, speak to the gnome there. Then go through the hole in the other side.

Push the blocks to get past, then open one chest for the key, and another chest for some of those coin things.

Open the mahogany chest and get the key, use this key on the door to your (west)? once inside you'll see the same machine from the previous quest.

Use your purple triangle on the exchanger until you get one that's only 2 tokens.

Then use your Purple Square on the top slow, and the two you just recevied from the exchanger in the bottom.

Go back up to the king, and kill the evil creature, speak to the king and you'll be told to go to the gnome who does deliveries.

Speak to this gnome and you'll be given some co-ords. TEleport south of Castlewars, and bring a crossbow + mith grapple, go along the south wall of cw and grab onto the tree to swing accross. Speak to the spirit tree there to find out that you need to cure it.

Bring your crystal saw (Or another crystal item maybe, not sure) back to the dungeon where you pushed the blocks around.

Turn the saw back into a crystal, then turn it into chimes.

Bring these chimes to the tree that's ill and use them, the tree will be cured and you can teleport between this and the other tree spirits.

Go into the dungeon and bring energy potions + food + prayer pots.

In the dungeon use protect from range and run through until you find the room with the 3 level 143 terrorbirds.

Protect from range still and use the chime on them, this makes it so you can attack them for a short period of time.

After they're all dead look through the door 20and see two terrorbirds talking, after the cutscene you'll end up in Hazelmeres house.

Speak to Hazelmere to finish the quest.

[/hide]

[hide]20K slayer xp and 30k strength!!!! :ohnoes: :ohnoes: [/hide]

Guitar_by_Lemeja123.jpg

well, way to go jagex, this is the final straw for alot of rcers with the new "players over monster" attack system, they really hate rcers

I'm baffled on how you can say that. It's saying something that when things seem to be not fair for rcers in some aspect, people have to jump to the conclusion that jagex simply hates rcers.

I find this difficult to believe. First example. Did you read the BTS? Perhaps not...well, here's part of it.

Ever since the Zamorak Magical Institute discovered that Saradomin's wizards had found altars to create runes, they've been itching to get an altar of their own. Their time has almost arrived: a new altar has been unearthed and it is unlike anything the mages have ever encountered. It will grant the ability to create runes higher than their normal skill requirements, but it's just a wee bit unpredictable...

Should be a great RC update.

Second thing that makes me mad about this statement. The wilderness was obviously meant for Abyssal RCing. That's why it was released, it was just a huge plot to bring in the abyss. No...The Wilderness is THE ONLY PLACE where you can PK, so don't you think it's fair that pking should have some preference over not just rcers who run away from attackers, but everyone? Besides, i personally have never used a skeleton to aid me in escaping. When i'm attacked by a RC PKer, it's usually right by the mage, where there are a few straggling skeletons, but it doesn't do much because i've just been ice blitzed, and now am being attacked by someone else. And the ditch? Yessss obviously meant to slow down RCers. Why else would you make it? To prevent people from getting scammed? naaaaa

One more thing. Unless you didn't RC in the past few days, this update was released well before then, when GWD was released. So...you either didn't RC at the time, or simply just didn't notice it. Now it's official, and it's a huuuuuuge deal.

Alright, my rant is over. Sorry, not directed at you, and i do not mean to be harsh to you at all. This is just directed at the lot of people who feel like jagex makes these updates simply to be cruel to RCers.

On Topic....Seems like a gud quest... What monsters does the slayer dungeon have in it?

It appears the dungeon and monsters are useless.

The terrorbirds range and melee, and seeing as it's multi you're screwed.

I've found using veracs + range protect on them works well, but you'll still need quite a bit of food.

Haven't had any good drops thus far, just a load of coins, and using the chimes on the monsters only lasts a certain amount of time.