Monday Poll: What brightness setting do you play on?

MPM

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is hard enough to see dark objects at 100%, i think they need to up the brightness and contrast. Honestly, I can't understand how anybody plays at less than 75%.

EDIT: Oh by the way, i play at 100%.

Your moniter might also be dark because of aging or constantly staying on.

My moniter is pretty new and has a very nice brightness to it as it is, so I use the 75% brightness option and I can see everything very fine.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

I think it's just what your used to. I usually play at 100%, but if I go down to 75%, in 5 minutes 100% looks to bright. Another 5 minutes and I'm used to 50% and 50% is perfect. Another 5 minutes and 25% is perfect....

EDIT: Although certain herbs ARE harder to tell apart from each other at 25%, 50%... avantoe and guam leaf are virtually identical.... Oh, and monks don't look burnt. Burnt monks at 100% are darker then cooked monks at 25%.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

My brightness setting is 68% when I'm playing, but I change it to 48% when I am studying. I know alot of people have it 100% but its bad for their eyes esp. those of you who sit on the computer all day. :shame: but seriously, you all need to take care of yourselves.

No, I do not want to become a member, I would never be one, I will never be a member.

yamamoto, according to you, there are a lot of naughty naughty people who play on 100%, i still play on that and it still hasnt affected my eyes for years, but when i was 8 i had to use eye drops for a while cause i play my playstation soooo much :shock:

suddenly i see! :shock: ahhhh im getting sore eyes typing this!

Forget all of those nuts who go with the crowd! go with your gut instinct, unless your gonna die, thats why i wrote this, cause i went with my gut

Darkest one. And I've never had any trouble identifying anything.

I like my caves to be dark and my black to be black. Not some hazy whitewashed form of grey.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

me thinks ive just posted the same message over again bout 3 times now saying 100%, and i dont know why, i think im just addicted to forums

HOW CAN YOU PLAY ON LESS THAT 100% :shame:

ok, 75% maybe, but no lower or you live in a cave

why do i always accidentally click preview instead of submit!

EDIT:and 100% doesnt make everything whitewashed, it gives better viewing

Forget all of those nuts who go with the crowd! go with your gut instinct, unless your gonna die, thats why i wrote this, cause i went with my gut

I honestly suprised that so many people play on max bright. I can't take it that bright, mine is always on darkest, unless im on a dark computer.

I like my caves to be dark and my black to be black. Not some hazy whitewashed form of grey.

Likewise :)

I third that \' .

Qizx2- Archmage

Personnumber100- Warlock for life.

Would you?

Exactly what I was gonna say, the dark atmosphere is the last remaining adventurous feeling in Runescape

getfirefoxmo6.gif

me thinks ive just posted the same message over again bout 3 times now saying 100%, and i dont know why, i think im just addicted to forums

HOW CAN YOU PLAY ON LESS THAT 100% :shame:

ok, 75% maybe, but no lower or you live in a cave

why do i always accidentally click preview instead of submit!

EDIT:and 100% doesnt make everything whitewashed, it gives better viewing

It does. 100% makes black look a weird gray, and all the colours look messed up. And I'm not a cave person, 50% is actually "normal" brightness, which is what the game should look like.

Retired Tip.It Crew Mapper.