Unseen advantage to the upcoming herblore update

Daviduhlich

I've heard plenty about how the herblore update will ruin herblore, or fix it by preventing the scams, or whatever. And the truth is, I can't really say anything about it, because I really don't know. But there is one huge upside to it that nobody else seems to have realized yet. And that is bankspace.

Currently, I have tons of identified herbs (13 spaces) in my bank, as well as 12 stacks of unids, which include torstol. this is so I can use my anti-scam method if I ever wanted to buy high-lvl herbs. However, if my unids are all renamed "grimy tarromin" and so on, I have no need for this. I can "clean" all of my herbs, which will free up 11 sorely-needed spaces in my bank.

So that's my two cents. Post away.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

I THINK u need the lvl to "clean" them.......

But i don't care realy i have my buds identify them if i can't.

Also i only get herbs from farming/monster drops.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I can identify every herb, so I'm happy. With a lower herblore it doesn't save you quite as much bankspace, but I think that's fair. It's like another benefit of having a high level.

Agreed, it will clear up some space, but that space seems to be filled almost as quickly as it goes :|
Yes, but I'd much rather get that space than not get it.

I dont really get the update..

Is it, instead of "unids" it like says the Herbs name?

That's what I think, though I can never be totally sure, thats what bts made it sound like.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

I don't think that the unided herbs will automatically become ided. I believe that Jagex is just renaming the ided and unided to clean/grimy with the herb name in there. By doing so, many scams will be non-existant. For instance, say you have an unided herb. I have no idea what it is unless you id it. Now, Jagex is updating it so you can see the name of the herb before you id it, thus, grimy. Once you id it, it will become clean (ided). I could be totally off on this, but I think I am pretty close to being right.

devotedconstructionkt0.jpg

I don't think that the unided herbs will automatically become ided. I believe that Jagex is just renaming the ided and unided to clean/grimy with the herb name in there. By doing so, many scams will be non-existant. For instance, say you have an unided herb. I have no idea what it is unless you id it. Now, Jagex is updating it so you can see the name of the herb before you id it, thus, grimy. Once you id it, it will become clean (ided). I could be totally off on this, but I think I am pretty close to being right.
That's basically the way I read it. My point is, I keep unids as placeholders in my bank incase I need them for the anti-scam method. With the update unid scamming will die out, I can clean all of my herbs and save 11 bank spaces.

b6ebdf2a12.png

armycommandercopy.png

This update will not affect me in terms of bank space. I identify and vial all my Ranarr+ herbs.

Lugia_Lvl138.png

4x Phat owner: Blue, Green, 2x Purple

3100+ GWD bosses soloed.

Solo GWD Drops:

5 Bandos Plates, 4 Bandos Boots, 3 Bandos Hilts, 2 Arma Helms, Arma Skirt, Arma Plate, 3 Arma Hilts, 4 Zammy Spears, Steam Staff, 15 Sara Swords, 6 Sara Hilts, 29 Shards.

The best part of this update, (the way i read it) is that I don't need to pick up so many guams when I'm killing monsters, I can just pick up high level herbs since the herbs is already named on drop.

Makes things much more smooth

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

Sweet! Now i don't have to pick up and id herbs.

Iding herbs still give herb exp, though not much as making potions.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

I have never sceen the last 2 rows in my bank have an item in them, so this doesn't really have an impact on me. The + side is that now my bank can look better by getting rid of all those unids :thumbsup:

A good looking bank is always hard to make :|

bestsignpic.png

2181st to 99 Runecrafting on 7/28/2009

I don't care a lot, I keep all my herbs ID'ed and the ones I can't ID are just there un-ID'ed. Now I know what my herbs are.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

No, it will appear as "grimy X".

I know, i have the same exact situation as you...it's really. Really. really. cool

Yea, You'll probably need the level to clean them. Its basically the same as Identifying the herb (which needs a certain level) but the difference is you know what the herb is beforehand. I know that as soon as the update comes out, people will be making a fuss over some tiny reason. I honestly cant think of a single reason to complain, unless the ranter is an herb scammer or likes the "surprise" of identifying an herb.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

I think the current system is fine, this is unecessary complication. If you know how to avoid scams now then it is fine. It's easy enough. Soon this game will be like most others - no freedom, you have to stay within the game boundaries.