whats the story?

ThoseTheBrokes

I'm talking about quests, I'll do a quest so I can say I've done it, get the possibly good rewards and wear my quest cape.

I don't really care what the story line is about, I'll frantically click through text boxes to finish the quest quicker, I don't read it at all, It doesn't bother me.

I don't speculate into what is going to happen next, or for that matter, what has just happened, I simply follow the guide, kill some monsters, teleport around, do what I'm told to do, and claim my reward.

what about you,

are you bothered about the storyline, do you follow in depth?

or, like me, the faster you finish the better?

My dA account.

paranoiaao8.jpg

.retired, as of the 1st January 2008.

The storyline is a big part of the quest, you're kinda stupid if you don't care about it, honestly.

please, do explain why I'm now classified as stupid because I don't care about a silly made up storyline in a game?

Yes, please, because I am the same way.

I read the story as long as the NPC makes it short. Sometimes the story gives out info on what to do next, if of course the quest has just been released on the same day.

No longer playing Runescape, I caught the WoW bug.

I've never read through a story-line, I just rush through the quest so I can get back to my skilling.

Patrik001.png

88102pbj 8a - BANNED at 108 combat 2004 - 84 Combat RSC.

Patrik001 - 72 Attack 50 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

X Patrik X - 85 Attack 75 Defence 92 Strength RSC.

Quests, stories and histories ARE what make an MMORPG

If you rush through things and pay no attention to the story you miss all the atmosphere and fun of the game. Also it kinda implies ur a huge pixel hugger as u care more about xp and rewards than immersing yourself in the game

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I must read it unless i'm lost and don't understand the point of the quest.

But my bud hates when i read it all :lol:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

The storyline is a big part of the quest, you're kinda stupid if you don't care about it, honestly.

please, do explain why I'm now classified as stupid because I don't care about a silly made up storyline in a game?

Yes, me too. :-k

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Because its like a reading The Lord of The Rings (on a smaller scale) and skipping forward to the fighty bits. You lose depth and entertainment. Some may see that as silly.

In most games, I find them entertaining, in RUnescape, the way it's done, makes it boring, lame and frustrating. Especially when they talk and it takes them 2 minutes to say 20 words.

Yay i so gud i gts 23 farming

I like to know the story. I used a guide for a majority of the free quest and realized it wasn't half as fun. I usually read the beginning of a guide to find out what materials I will need. Having all necessary items saves tons of time. Other than that i try to do them on my own. If i get really stuck i cheat and read a lil bit of the guide. I swear some quest would be impossible without a guide. O, and I never look at the reward. Sometimes its a nice surprise.

siggydonedark.jpg

Hangin loose. Marrentil can die.

I've been on both sides of that fence.. before, I would simply follow the guide blindly, clicking through the chat as fast as I could. But lately, I've been cutting my guide-usage down to a minimum. I look at it to get the items that I'll need, simply because I hate getting somewhere hard-to-get and having to turn around because I left a tinderbox or something.. -.- Afterwards, I try to do the whole quest without the guide; however, if I get stuck, I'll pop it up to figure out that part and close it afterwards. It adds that sense of depth and immersion that Paw was talking about.

demonslayer2.png

Retired Tip.It Mod || Admin and Founder of Caesar 3 Mod Squad! All are welcome!

I always read the text, because it just makes the quest into an acual adventure. Often on a good quest, I can get completely immersed in the story, and it seems quite epic to me. Not to mention it makes completing the quest much more fulfulling, and you feel like your really part of the story.

Obviously it's a matter of opinion, but personally I think I get much more enjoyment out of reading the dialogue. The quest just seems boring to me when I don't know what's going on. :)

Guide to Everything Fletching XBL: Karmastocracy

li_Karma_il.png

li_Karma_il.png

signature-bar-white.gif

[stumbleupon]

* Sits on a mossy rock with a notebook in hand, observing the behavior of the specimens dubbed "Fanboys"

~

"Even when the odds are against you, even when the chance of victory is bleak and your situation looks hopeless, take a look at the horizon, and think back to what you have learned. You'll be filled with the confidence to take on the world."

I can't say I approve of him calling you stupid but when you take a look around you, just about everything in the world is/was made by someone else. I'm not sure how stories in a MMORPG class differently.

green_link_1.png

green_link_1.png