Your Views on PK Terms?

axeraider194

To the idiots saying that honour rules were made by people who cant get pks..

The honour rules were originally started by RSD and DI, 2 clans full of people who at that time got more pks then the rest of rrs combined, any of you go up to say ultimo aries, bahamzero or miner cire and tell them that they dont get any pks.

Cire alone probably has more kills on MAXED players, then the every one in this thread combined has on anyone, at last count over 2000.

I dont care if your NH, that just means i wont fight you, im glad there is some kind of an honour code to make the wilderness a place worth pking in.

As in financially for you? Of course, you're another Pker who preaches the delusion that you must abide by an honour code, which is infact a method of weakening your targets. Well you don't convince me, nor the majority of the rest of RS or TipIt.

It's the wilderness. It's supposed to be a lawless place, and establishing laws goes against the entire nature of Wilderness Pking.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. What is safing to you? Do you think it is good or bad? Do you consider it to be regular eating, and is it smart to do it?

I don't pk but safing and regular eating are fune, there are no set civilized rules of wilderness, hence its name. Anything goes.

2. What is farcasting to you? Do you think it is good or bad? Do you consider it to be a smart use of magic, or just "unhonorable"?

As I said anything goes.

3. Melee/range/magic protect in 1v1 in deep wild, what do you think of this? Some say it's unhonorable, but, there really is nothing stopping you from doing it in deep wild (as compared to doing it in edge). Your views?

I think its better then sitting in lvl1 wild.

And for the record the only thing I consider the closest thing to unhonorable(I don't consider anything "unhonorable" in the wild) is killing RCers, Clue Scroll goers and Skillers, thats kind of low expect its the wild and they've been warned, so ya.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Term 2. Farcasting eh i think it should be normal, how could mages act without it?

Outhit.png

Ranked as RS 3rd best Fogger of all times by Fog Elite, and is proud of it :)

safing = bad, however it depends on circumstance what is considered safing

farcasting = bad in edge unless they pray, pj, or try to run

1 v 1 prayer when not being pjed = bad.

wdfawasdfalokistrikesif2.png

Thanks to Fally|Thor for the sig :Wub:

It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt. - Mark Twain

3636 to 99 fletching on Katakid1 date unknown

#13,300 to 99 range on April 2nd, 2008

#14,323 to 99 mage on May 18th, 2008

99/99 mage

99/99 range

94/90 hp

75/88 str

Safeing is prefectly fine and a preety good idea.

Well farcastings fine also your just using spells or arrows to supliment melle or your mageing or ranging.

Protect prayers are a very good idea as well. People that generally use them are high lvl and will tele any way.

Ive been doing some pking on my lvl57 recently and ive killed 3 people that didnt use food no problem at all. If they had food they could have killed me. I didnt have any food for I had only some junk on but this one guy had no food and lost a skimmy. Pkers just get mad because they are to poor or low skilled to use food or range or protect.

Get me a whopper!

To put it simply, it's every player for themselves. You can only trust your friends there, there the only rule there is that there are no rules.

POG3.jpg

Pretty much what Dragon said.

Thread terminated.

I guess that means I'm the thread Terminator?

No Tip.Iters were harmed in the making of this post.

It is Wildy ANYTHING goes

If pkers can't accpet that then they shouldn't pk at all.

They just want to kill you faster because they are greedy 10 year olds who don't want to waste stuff and actually have a real fight.

"I have the right to tele and prayer deal with it or don't pk"

-Runescapew44

This post pretty much covers what I was going to post.

I'm not saying I do any of them but I believe that's what it is, I honestly have no problem fighting people who pray or eat.

Infact, if I was getting killed I'd rather stay alive than die, it isn't my fault if the other person can't kill me if I'm above 30 Health.

To all the safe lovers, who say I like to survive:

What is your purpose to do in the wilderniss? To get you some new pixels probably.

Safing is ok, but it at times can be really stupid. Like in times when you and your opponent are both at low health. What do safers do? They eat right away.

What does the opponent do? Hit one more time, hit again, and again untill you stop eating and start fighting again. Then they eat 1 or 2 times.

Result? This person has made 4 hits with his dds special, and let you waste lots of sharks. Whereas if you just hit the opponent once in that critical moment, you would get his loot.

Safing is not just another term for people to call to get your pixels. Its actually the opposite of a great strategy in the wilderniss.

Farcasting: Im all for far casting. Its a mage tactic, however if I take out my bow and they run. Thats pathetic.

Infact. The mager has actually wasted like 10k of supplies, just to run because he was too scared to put up a fight and maybe even win his stuff.

Praying in 1 v 1: Im all for that too, sure its annoying. But its the wilderniss, its a free for all. However if your prayer starts running when their prayer runs out in low level wilderniss, thats just plain stupid. And its a waste of cash. However in high level wilderniss, I gladly iceburst you and kill you for some free stuff. Always glad to stampede over anyone who doesn't have a reall strategy.

Surviving by eating is fine. But the real survival lies in killing your opponent before he kills you, eat his flesh and become more deadly. Thats how humans evolved. And not by eating grass when we were being striked down by a bear.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

It is Wildy ANYTHING goes

If pkers can't accpet that then they shouldn't pk at all.

They just want to kill you faster because they are greedy 10 year olds who don't want to waste stuff and actually have a real fight.

"I have the right to tele and prayer deal with it or don't pk"

-Runescapew44

Word. You gotta fight to stay alive, and that means doing anything you can.

The-Road-2.gif

Siggy By...me! ^^

If you've got any tips on sig making, photoshop in general, or a recommendation on a good DSLR to get me started, pm me =]

As said, whatever is possible in wilderness is meant to be used inside different tactis, which make pking interesting (at least in f2p, where it's not just about koing).

Safing - we must be grateful for ones, who flame us becouse of it, at least the allow us to bring food with us. Everyone's private bussiness if he safes or not, depending what tactics one's using and how experienced one is.

Farcasting, first time I hear that someone has problem with it.

Using prayers in wilderess, obviosly prayers are also meant for using. Again everyone's private bussiness how he pks and what prayers he puts on in different situations - is the purpous to hit a lot on someone or to get away from someone (yes, getting away from others in wildress also shows how experienced you are in pking).

Question what sounds more like discussable to me is: How do you feel about choosing certain death or getting away (being alive also strongly matters), when many times better group with better organisation attacs your team? To me it's important that as many as possible from my team would stay alive.

It would be interesting to know how many people who think safing is perfectly fine actually pk.

My bet is on a very few. But their numbers are growing though, there is less and less "honour pking" and eventually safing will be good too. (Note; I'm not a pker myself either and I'm not judging this anyhow.)

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

1. What is safing to you? Do you think it is good or bad? Do you consider it to be regular eating, and is it smart to do it?

Safing is no bad thing, it is smart in my opinion. When I was a pure I safed all the time, always got jeered at etc. Then 70% of the time I won the fight.

2. What is farcasting to you? Do you think it is good or bad? Do you consider it to be a smart use of magic, or just "unhonorable"?

Farcasting, again doesn't bother me. Magic is meant for long range is it not? It's just like saying 'FarRanging'

3. Melee/range/magic protect in 1v1 in deep wild, what do you think of this? Some say it's unhonorable, but, there really is nothing stopping you from doing it in deep wild (as compared to doing it in edge). Your views?

I can't make my mind up on this one, it's there so why not use it.. but for some reason it feels wrong to me. I only pray if I'm being teamed.

I pk sometimes. All this honor junk helps me out. This one noob lost a rune skimmy because he didnt have food and another lost an air staff and a few runes for the same reason. The code of honor for pkers is a load of [cabbage] and only gets themselves killed.

Get me a whopper!

It would be interesting to know how many people who think safing is perfectly fine actually pk.

I think it's fine.

It's their food so they can eat it when they want, if you can't kill someone without them not eating then you shouldn't be in the wilderness, quit moaning.

Anyone who says "safer" or "you safe" is basically admitting they can't PK you unless you stay on low Hitpoints, also stating that they suck so bad they need you to stay low life because they can't hit you (whether it be for Defence reasons or they just suck at pking).

Safing - Personally, the only time I'd define safing as "unhonourable" would be during F2p player killing. In F2p, a knock out requires the opponent to be on considerably low hitpoints. However, in P2p a knock out requires a Dragon Dagger, or anything with a similar Special.

Farcasting - I basically see this as a Mage's primary defence mechanism - nothing unhonourable about this at all.

Protection Prayers - Nothing major, just a simple annoyance. If they activate a protection prayer, there's nothing stopping you from activating your own.

I really, and I mean this to anyone who is against the 'far casting" idea, hate to put down a group of people...but if anyone is so ignorant to think a mage is going to sit in the front lines of a battle and just say "Hey Mr. Barbarian, I'm going to stand in front of you and cast uber powerful spells, but since I'm physically weak it's ok, you will kill me fast"... Get a life anyone who thinks this.

Whoever started the far casting fiasco needs to be hung from his manhood upside down from two trees and have each stretched far. That's like saying to a warrior that he is close hitting, since he is standing next to you. He has a sword for 's sake... You close hitting noob! Why do you get so close where your sword can hit me! N00b!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With all the sarcasm in the world I am 100% positive in every movie you have seen Merlin is right there with Arthur on the front line and not up on a hilltop somewhere... #-o

And yes...the post is meant to make fun of anyone who complains about far casting and ridicule them for being a poor excuse for an intelligent being. For christ's sake Koko the Ape has an IQ of 90 and would even realize mages are not meant to stand in front of a sword...

If the only excuse anyone can come up with is "it makes Pking less fun and it wastes resources blah blah whine" then ya know, you need to enter the special olympics where everybody wins a medal. If you were RIGHT, then there would be no mages in the game or at least allowed to fight in the wild.

Hours Available (EST|GMT-5) Mon-Fri: 7-11pm | Sat-Sun: Throughout the day

st+tyrael.png

Safing - Ask for a dm if he/she is safing at high hp

Farcasting - Mages have lower defence bonus + less slots to hold food 'coz of their runes(normally 3 for ancient, 9 for regular, excluding their slots to hold defensive armour)

Protection Prayers - Protection prayers while in wildy are just one of the combat agreement in rs, if your opponent pray, and you pray too, then fighting will take ages, thats why ppl agreed to off protection fight, but not everyone should follow that :roll: