Tip.It has become RuneHQ!!

RayOxide

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

still mad about the emo topic?

No.Never was. I was mad about certain people there. And actually, it's mainly about PaperClipsYaaar. He's being quite an immature person.

You know, he doesn't make up 30% of Tip.it's posts/population. Look at it this way: RS has become more popular, and there's the same percentage of immature people => More immature people in RS => More immature people on Tip.it => since extremely immature people usually get noticed more than mature people, you "get the feeling" that there are more immature people-mature people ratio. Easy as that.

I have been around the last years (and even before I joined I used to read the open forums), and it's not that bad, except for some isolated cases.

This signature is intentionally left blank.

Hey, leave OT alone. It far exceeds the rest of the boards in maturity despite the presence of PaperClips.

Wtf? It's PCY that's annoying. I love the Off-Topic board. I only go on Off-Topic, and Forum Games, maybe one - four posts in Gen Dis.

Meol, I have a bit of a problem with people who start being mature, then get pissed.

If he's able to piss you off, then its working so far..

Well, no. He's just an example of immature people.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

if tipit became rhq id shoot myself.....

lol

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

So, you complain about the decline of the forum and whilst you do that break two of the rules put in place by the admins to prevent such decline.

This is the place to vent your game-related frustration

1.6 - Naming Names

Naming people or their characters in a negative light is not permitted.

The irony and overall fail of this topic is too much to bear

P.S. your little squabbles with paperclips - don't you realise this is exactly what he wants? You just helped him win.

I and some other users noticed the degrading general board a few weeks ago(or perhaps months, I forgot) and sought out to do something about it. Adam made a topic in the forum improvements forum and it was discussed and debated for quite a while. We finally came up with a plan of separating the general boards into questionnaires and non-questionnaires. And now as you can see the admins have seen the topic and the plan has gone through. :)

The split was mostly made, how I saw it, to settle the rants about the general board being stuffed with repetivite questionnaires(e.g. What's your favorite god?, What combat level are you?). Now we couldn't totally get rid of these, as they don't violate the forum rules at all. But we could separate them, and that way everyone would be pleased.

In my opinion, tip.it is far from the current state of Runehq. If you want to help you could continue to act mature even if you feel you are being flooded out by the immature community. People still respect you if you act that way, there are still a large number of people who who strive to act mature.

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

I have to disagree. When I went to RuneHQ and posted a topic asking a simple question, a mod practically yelled at me and locked my topic. They used caps... never went back to RuneHQ eever again :-w I've yet to have a mod be so rude to me on tip.it.

So, you complain about the decline of the forum and whilst you do that break two of the rules put in place by the admins to prevent such decline.

This is the place to vent your game-related frustration

Hmm, where else would I vent it?

1.6 - Naming Names

Naming people or their characters in a negative light is not permitted.

I originally didn't. >.>

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Make people take an IQ test. That will clear the stupid people out.

Just yell penis and whoever laughs is immature.

Hehe, I said penis.

Lol'ed in Rl at thatthe joke,not the penis bit :P

Instead of super strength pots you would have spinach. :lol:

Reply to a thread about Disney Buying Runescape

The main reason I switched over to tip.it, used to be staff over at RHQ, but the thing has been filled with 13 year olds and younger :(

A shame I must say.

I'm thirteen years of age, so therefore I'm immature? In all honesty, I believe that those who follow these stereotypes have no right to criticize another individual's maturity, nor do they have a right to claim that they themselves are mature.

Anyway, I agree that the average maturity level here is gradually dropping, but, you're exaggerating. The typical behaviour displayed on Tip.It is not nearly as horrendous as the typical behaviour displayed by members of RuneHQ. There's still a long way to go before TIF plummets to that level.

The main reason I switched over to tip.it, used to be staff over at RHQ, but the thing has been filled with 13 year olds and younger :(

A shame I must say.

I'm thirteen years of age, so therefore I'm immature? In all honesty, I believe that those who follow these stereotypes have no right to criticize another individual's maturity, nor do they have a right to claim that they themselves are mature.

Anyway, I agree that the average maturity level here is gradually dropping, but, you're exaggerating. The typical behaviour displayed on Tip.It is not nearly as horrendous as the typical behaviour displayed by members of RuneHQ. There's still a long way to go before TIF plummets to that level.

+1, Well said.

Stereotypes ftl?

unoalexi.png

Here be dragons ^

Dragon of the Day

ryZi.gif

Although this may sound bitter, i actually agree with the original poster.

Like said before on this thread, Runescape is becoming more populus, and these new users are needing somewhere to post and spread their points of view outside RSOF... However, many of these new players are between 10-15, and although i am not being stereotypical, most 10-15 year olds are not as intelligent/mature as a 17 or 18 year olds. - Hence why some of the older users may find them irritating.

This forum is based on opinion, and has a wide age range within its users.

What may be immature to most 18 year olds, is acceptable to most 15 year olds, so the definition of immature is never going to be universal.

Lol, very true, tip.it is falling. Seems like haft of the people are silly, 12 yrs olds, who love doing stupid games, and the other haft, older teens, full of themselves and ready to flame anyone just for fun.

2480+ total

Yes it is declining, though the creation of a questionnaires (sp?) forum has stemmed the flow of spam in general discussion.

I don't agree. General is completely filled with spam anyway, they're just not questionaires.

2480+ total

Great! Now lets start screwing their brains by speaking and phrasing in proper grammer, by spelling correctly, by not using 1337 or any other letter substitute and most importantly, by using an array of bombastic words.

drapit.png

The problem with Tip.It Forums is not its maturity level (although it is pretty low. Who really thinks that it is mature to say "1337", "pl0x", and "kthnxbai"?). The problem with TIF is that no one on this board will trust any picture or opinion you post unless you have one of the following:

A) A high post count

B) Many well-known friends on Tip.It

C) A stunning amount of proof

The one thing I don't like about TIF is people (mostly low levels who have never done the stuff which the rant is about) who assume loads of stuff (usually based on youtube vids etc) without having a clue about the real thing, and if you challenge their "opinion" with actual facts they just make personal attacks against you and call you a spammer/flamer etc.

[hide]

Make people take an IQ test. That will clear the stupid people out.

Just yell penis and whoever laughs is immature.

Hehe, I said penis.

[/hide]

ROFL.

My F2P Moneymaking Guide!

Always gargle before a takeoff. Wakka Wakka!

When I first saw this thread I thought that Tip.It had ads for party hats and santas and selling gp and all that...whew, good thing that wasn't it...

Well, just think of it as you've become more mature within the last year or something positive... there's no way to filter people based on how mature they are.

/FG/First thread post to when I joined the family.

VR48f.jpg

[hide=Insert rant here]blahblahblahLIFE[/hide]

img

Meol, I have a bit of a problem with people who start being mature, then get pissed...

Are you talking about me or PCY? If it's about me, sorry I gave you the wrong impression. The little arrows were only meant to show direct consequences. My post should have been like this:

[hide]You know, he doesn't make up 30% of Tip.it's posts/population, so you can't generalise based on a few cases. Otherwise, look at it this way: RS has become more popular, but there's still the same percentage of immature people, which means that there are more immature people in RS.

That brings more immature people to Tip.it (along with the normal ones). However, since extremely immature people usually get noticed more than mature people, you get the feeling that there are more immature people. Easy as that.

I have been around the last years [here I'm just trying to speak based on personal experiences, not trying to show off] (and even before I joined I used to read the open forums), and it's not that bad, except for some isolated cases.

[/hide]

Great! Now lets start screwing their brains by speaking and phrasing in proper grammer, by spelling correctly, by not using 1337 or any other letter substitute and most importantly, by using an array of bombastic words.

O teh noez! i r confuse!:lol:

This signature is intentionally left blank.

RS attracts 10-year olds and people who act like them. It never was any different, unlike what other peopel might say (o'mg rsc is much better@@'). Skip the stupid topics and post on the good ones. For future reference: Topics about Rs 'maturity' are the stupidest ones on these forums.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

The problem with Tip.It Forums is not its maturity level (although it is pretty low. Who really thinks that it is mature to say "1337", "pl0x", and "kthnxbai"?). The problem with TIF is that no one on this board will trust any picture or opinion you post unless you have one of the following:

A) A high post count

B) Many well-known friends on Tip.It

C) A stunning amount of proof

Took the words out of my mouth of the OT. Unless you're a old-schooler, friends with old-schoolers, WoW'er, RS hater with high post count or old-schooler, or Bubsa, anything you say can and will be flamed, locked, ignored by the people I mentioned above. I bet a million dollars if I created the REAL LIFE PICTURES thread it would of been locked for spam. However, because Paperclips did it, someone who is friends with 'old-schoolers' of the OT, it lived.

I'm not sure whos ego is bigger: List of people's I wrote or your average RuneScape noob. Oh, I just insulted them bigtime with their hatred of RuneScape as well! Two n' one!

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Just try to stay away from topics that you think might be immature, and ignore anyone who is acting immature.

13 (going on 14) here too, and no one has had a problem with it yet. I try to be mature on runescape, and not add to the declining maturity of the runescape community. :)

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....