Am I Finished With RuneScape?

pwhdavey

Hi

I haven't played RS for weeks, maybe two months. Until then, I was a very happy player about to become a member. Events took their turn...I finished Dragon Slayer and was at a loose end. With a couple of weeks before I was to become a member, I had a break. Months later, I haven't played the game. I can't be bothered.

Is this it? Am I finished with RuneScape. And there I was, at my peak in RuneScape after finishing Dragon Slayer, thinking I was to be addicted for life. What happened?

To satisfy my gaming I've been playing Quake 3, and a new addiction is taking place...I don't feel like quitting my RuneScape account, and yet I can't be bothered playing it.

circa_proxus.png

Hi

I haven't played RS for weeks, maybe two months. Until then, I was a very happy player about to become a member. Events took their turn...I finished Dragon Slayer and was at a loose end. With a couple of weeks before I was to become a member, I had a break. Months later, I haven't played the game. I can't be bothered.

Is this it? Am I finished with RuneScape. And there I was, at my peak in RuneScape after finishing Dragon Slayer, thinking I was to be addicted for life. What happened?

To satisfy my gaming I've been playing Quake 3, and a new addiction is taking place...I don't feel like quitting my RuneScape account, and yet I can't be bothered playing it.

Well. If you don't feel like playing rs now, you can still always come back later :|.

yeah i went thought that whole 'im over RS now' went off and played other stuff for about 2 years. then one day i just felt like playing, and i started playing agian. its a good game and its always going to be here to play. so when ever your bored of other games or just want something different just pop back in and see how you feel after that :D

[spoiler=Stats]Decentcoffee.png

Goals Achieved-

99 Firemaking 31/08/07 - 99 Fletching 24/10/07 - 99 Cooking 22/12/08 -

99 Woodcutting 24/01/2010 - 99 Strength 24/05/2010 - 99 Magic 3/06/2010 -

99 Hunter 5/12/2010 - 99 Defence 29/12/2010 - 99 Hp 14/1/2011 -

99 Attack 18/1/2011 - 99 Agility 10/2/2011 - 99 Prayer 9/7/2011 -

99 Crafting 17/7/2011 - 99 Thieving 13/9/2011 - 99 Herblore 1/10/11.

You became bored and left because you realized there was nothing left for you to do in the free world. I'm sure if you started playing the member's game you'd become addicted all over again. It's an entirely different game.

However, the choice is up to you. Nobody is forcing you to play the game, just choose to play whatever you enjoy.

blackmageid8.png

I'm the exact same man. i woke up one day switched on the pc and couldn't be bothered. but i set some goals and put my mind to it fired some music on now I'm fine,:D but in the end the decision is yours.

menlui.png

purge_cob.png

It happens to the best of us. I know I get the same feeling -- get members for three months, spend easily a month on some other game. It's not like you're finished with the game -- you just play it a lot more casually.

Some people would view that as a good thing, and I for one do.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

There are different games out there that appeal more to one type of people then to another.

Yes you liked runescape becuase it was different and fun and exciting and new to you at the time. However the call of new and different games of the same calibur as you had played before have called you back to them, hence leaving runescape behind...for the time being.

I have found myself doing this as I have been gaming over the years.

I was a faithful player of Halo 2, Then didnt log onto it for a while, and a few weeks later when I tried to...I couldnt. Then fortunately found Runescape not long after. Then a few months ago runescape went by the wayside with my newly purchased xbox 360 and gears of war, that was then set aside for Runescape after a while and now I see myself setting runescape to the side for a good long while when Halo 3 comes out in 8 days. <3:

Its nothing natural, or wrong, Just play whichever game seems more appealing to you at the time you decide you want to play. Thats what ive always done and its worked quite fine for me. :wink:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

you dont finish with runescape, runescape finishes with you.

Schmuall.png

give F2P a penny and they want a dime; give P2P a quarter, they want 100,000 dollars, your car, house, boat, social security number, credit card numbers, drivers license, clothes on your back and everything you ever owned or interacted with ever

does your mum get you dressed in the morning?

Served.

Dude if you cba to play don't play, it's that easy.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

you can step back back from side to side

you could enjoy RL for a while, and then see if you feel like continuing. if not, then yea, you're pretty much trough rs :P

[/url]">i_had_a_deal.png
[4Th in Finland to achieve 99 mining. 3Rd of June 2007]

Pixels make me horny.

lol, its like me, i tend to drift in between games, RS for 4 months, then CS:S for a year or so :P

That happens allot with people ::'

acantha.gif

Stephen Hawking is now a honorary member of the Runecrafting Guild. He was also given a free sex change from the Make-over Mage.

off topic but woot im in 2 peoples siggys >.>

Make that 3!

Quit until u want to play again

Be sure to cancel ur membership

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

you can quit, that's your choice. just remember that you don't have to quit forever, and you are welcome to come back anytime you want. that's the beauty of free MMO's.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

You should only play if you really want to; people shouldn't be forced to do things that they dislike.

If you don't feel like playing, don't. But if you don't feel like quitting, don't as well. Just take a break and keep your account alive by logging in every month or two to have a chat with some mates. Then, while you're quietely dozing off by yourself somewhere, you'll get the urge to play again, and you will, when all else fails to amuse you :) .

And if playing RS doesn't still do it for you, I suggest playing a game called the Drunken Irishman for some real fun \' !

sig-4504.jpg

^ Refresh for a new signature ^

090125180013cc9.png