The "Cost" Of A Mature Conversation?

salim123

"Imiture"?

Hypocrisy ftw.

Hook, line, and sinker.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Imiture"?

Hypocrisy ftw.

Hook, line, and sinker.

Dreadful spelling has no direct correlation with the maturity of a person. Perhaps s/he was in a hurry to type, or maybe s/he flunked 5th grade spelling?

Although it does hint towards the age of a person. :-s

22woger22.gif

22woger22.png

"Imiture"?

Hypocrisy ftw.

Hook, line, and sinker.

Dreadful spelling has no direct correlation with the maturity of a person. Perhaps s/he was in a hurry to type, or maybe s/he flunked 5th grade spelling?

Although it does hint towards the age of a person. :-s

Mature people realize the importance of effective communication i.e. spelling. People who do not bother trying to spell correctly are generally immature. Yes, we shouldn't go all grammar nazi on them, but the standard is fairly obvious.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Mature people realize the importance of effective communication i.e. spelling. People who do not bother trying to spell correctly are generally immature. Yes, we shouldn't go all grammar nazi on them, but the standard is fairly obvious.

But if you read through the thread, I asked indirectly whether or not he was just doing that as bait, and he was. I do it all the time to grammar nazis, making a response about how one shouldn't waste their time correcting spelling, while purposely putting spelling errors in my message to see who's annoying enough to ignore my post and correct a most-likely-typo. I'm not entirely sure why he did it here, possibly out of boredom, but he's spelling words wrong on purpose, and people are wasting time correcting him to boost their ego's instead of responding properly to the thread topic.

And yes, beyond the fact that the bait was taken, spelling ability and maturity are not in a direct correlation, though they're close based on the fact that both maturity and spelling ability rise with age.

But if you read through the thread, I asked indirectly whether or not he was just doing that as bait, and he was. I do it all the time to grammar nazis, making a response about how one shouldn't waste their time correcting spelling, while purposely putting spelling errors in my message to see who's annoying enough to ignore my post and correct a most-likely-typo. I'm not entirely sure why he did it here, possibly out of boredom, but he's spelling words wrong on purpose, and people are wasting time correcting him to boost their ego's instead of responding properly to the thread topic.

And yes, beyond the fact that the bait was taken, spelling ability and maturity are not in a direct correlation, though they're close based on the fact that both maturity and spelling ability rise with age.

well yes for that case i was making bait

but not spelling properly is not always a sign of maturity.

i type arround 85 wpm and dont bother to check my spelling so i usually spell things wrong (+ i have horrible spelling)

a 9 year old could have perfect spelling and be immature just as much as an 18 year old having horrible spelling and being mature

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

Maybe, you could try to ignore them, but since you tried that, you can always use ignore list(if that is what you meant). But you could try and tell him acting like that isn't cool and whatever you think is cool probably isn't. And just be the mature one and walk away.

lolbx7.png

Main: Snw rifleman - FINISHED DESERT TRESURE 11/5/08 WOO

Just your typical asian who likes to play games =)

But if you read through the thread

Nope...sorry.

dmanxb7.jpg

Trix.--quit WoW as of 12/07

Thank you 4be2jue for the wonderful sig and avatar!

Maybe, you could try to ignore them, but since you tried that, you can always use ignore list(if that is what you meant). But you could try and tell him acting like that isn't cool and whatever you think is cool probably isn't. And just be the mature one and walk away.

ive been f2p for 2 weeks and my ignore list is almost full..

people that claim they are my dad, zezima or even george w bush

its getting super annoying

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

Nope...sorry.

:P

Just sayin'. Considering the fact that no one ever reads through the thread, I was making a more inconspicuous point that you probably wouldn't have seen it, and continued from there.

I find that alot of worlds have more mature players than other worlds.

Like W114, my homeworld. Its filled with players that have an IQ higher than, well, the majority of the players in RS.

just goes to show you why canada owns...

but even in 114 at lumby bank where im cooking i get (well people try) to scam me in the stupidest way such as telling me they are bill gates or zezima or even in one case, my dad

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

ill go looking for mature convos in a f2p world.

*enters f2p world*

*comes back 2 minutes later with a scared expression*

ok then....there are no mature convos in f2p...

Hey not nice, I'm plenty mature, can't say about most though, *looks at a friends list of 5 people, stares at a full ignore.* Yeah, I just sit up in the wildy with nothing and talk to campers sometimes, I've found a few mature people that way... and many more imature. The people fishing outside of lumby near the cows are generally mature and usually have a good laugh in them.

ps. I don't care about caller ID, I want caller IQ.

Blender builder

Today's experiment is:

Learning how to make light industrial space craft.

I would say that having such conversations nowadays is reasonably rare, as the presence of noobs is a damper for the Runescape society to engage in such talk.

It is better to head to certain areas where noobs won't bother you, like at the Edgeville yews in F2P worlds where bots don't frequent and noobs don't go there as they can't engage in other more useful activity such as cutting the yew trees. Awesome place to have a nice chat while you hack away at wood. :D

We might as well enjoy ALL of our quality conversation in Runescape in order "ensure" that we all stay "happy" during our times in Gielinor.

My Blog

Join the Campaign for more F2P Bank Space!

[bleep], my parrot has better grammar than you.

4z9pgcp.gif

• 1 year later...
I seem to run into respectable people to converse with every so often. Maybe a couple of times per week. The level of immaturity is indeed appalling though, and I'm sure f2p is even worse. However Jagex has nobody to blame but themselves for the childish player base they've collected. The chat filter is more restrictive than any game I've ever played and they keep replacing words with pictures. I think they're working towards making the game look like those toys with the arrow that spins when you pull a cord and you just click on the pictures. "the cow goes MMOOOOOOO" I mean if they can't even expect the people playing to make up their own mind whether they want to give out their instant messenger or email contact info(which they made against the rules), there is a problem. Jagex is trying too hard to babysit, and it drives the more mature players to other games.

Although This is offtopic, you would make a very big mistake giving out your messenger or email address out. You will be quite surprised the amount of information these 'small' details hold as it is very easy to locate anyone with a few pieces of basic information. However, you do make a valid point that Jagex is being overly protective and filtering every single god[cabbage] cuss word. :twisted: :twisted: Yup, that's it from me.

P.S. as i am new to tip it, please someone reply to help me with screenies (how to insert some into here) and Signatures. That would be greatly appreciated (dang i forgot how to spell that word).

I seem to run into respectable people to converse with every so often. Maybe a couple of times per week. The level of immaturity is indeed appalling though, and I'm sure f2p is even worse. However Jagex has nobody to blame but themselves for the childish player base they've collected. The chat filter is more restrictive than any game I've ever played and they keep replacing words with pictures. I think they're working towards making the game look like those toys with the arrow that spins when you pull a cord and you just click on the pictures. "the cow goes MMOOOOOOO" I mean if they can't even expect the people playing to make up their own mind whether they want to give out their instant messenger or email contact info(which they made against the rules), there is a problem. Jagex is trying too hard to babysit, and it drives the more mature players to other games.

Although This is offtopic, you would make a very big mistake giving out your messenger or email address out. You will be quite surprised the amount of information these 'small' details hold as it is very easy to locate anyone with a few pieces of basic information. However, you do make a valid point that Jagex is being overly protective and filtering every single god[cabbage] cuss word. :twisted: :twisted: Yup, that's it from me.

P.S. as i am new to tip it, please someone reply to help me with screenies (how to insert some into here) and Signatures. That would be greatly appreciated (dang i forgot how to spell that word).

Bit late to give him advice now.

Zerker_jane.png

Although I know what you mean about mature conversations, I actually saw nothing wrong with that one. I mean sure, he's talking about drugs, but who cares? I would have laughed out loud. I don't really see how immature that is, probably because of the correct grammar you used. But thats just me. :-w

well he kept on talking about drugs and stuff (less grammer and worse spelling)

and at the end he was just kiddin im only 11 i fooled u as if all people older then 15 or 16 talk and do drugs

I see what you mean. I guess I had to be there to get the "vibe."

And master smither, that obviously works, but how will you ever meet new people?

Maybe new people suck <.<

Not all new people suck, and it's odd how half the group talks about spelling and the other half of this group talks about how "immiture people are."

4455.jpg

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Oscar Wilde

lol k, one spelling mistake like a year ago >.< just found it

But there always comes a point in someons rs career where they turn their chat to friends, and keep it that way.

I know what you mean.

It's slowly getting to that stage for me. Everytime I log on I get alot of people messaging me with random low level nonsense.

Everytime I go to rock crabs to get the last 100k or so strength exp I need for a level I walk away with like 20 people randomly adding me.

Zerker_jane.png

I find that alot of worlds have more mature players than other worlds.

Like W114, my homeworld. Its filled with players that have an IQ higher than, well, the majority of the players in RS.

just goes to show you why canada owns...

but even in 114 at lumby bank where im cooking i get (well people try) to scam me in the stupidest way such as telling me they are bill gates or zezima or even in one case, my dad

omg.... that happened to me before :ohnoes:

Looks like I'm an oddity here.

I've never left my private chat to friends for any significant period of time, and I rarely ever get spammed by noobs.

I've never been flamed for wearing an untrimmed Cooking cape. In fact, I've seen many more people asking for advice about cooking from me.

I've never been followed by a train of noobs asking to borrow my bgs yet.

My ignore list has a grand total of 20 entries (And 10 are Fairy Ring Codes)

Is it my world? I don't know. Or have I simply been so amazingly lucky like Inspector Clouseau and managed to dodge all this bad stuff?

Air_Dragon15.png