The "Cost" Of A Mature Conversation?

salim123

The "Cost" Of A Mature Conversation?

Well we always have those days where we finally meet someone who is older the 12 and is actually mature... but what is the cost of that these days?

Just yesterday i had the first "mature" conversation ive ever had in about 6 months of playing. Its almost like no one mature can really talk to anyone else without being called a noob or some 10year old bumping in.

So yesterday i was talking with about 8 14+ kids who played rs at rouges den. We were having a wonderful conversation when this kid comes in... Here is what he said:

Hey guys!

oh i see u guys are talking

dont you like drugs?

i smoke pot like 15 times a day

its so cheap here

And he continued. So we did our best to ignore him and when we were about to leave to go to a different world he said:

Hey guess what guys? im only 11! Fooled you huh?

What is the community coming to now where a group of people cant talk without being interupted by an immature kid.

Discuss

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll have the occasional mature conversation, and I always enjoy having a political discussion with someone who displays maturity of mind, but I'm always afraid of the passing 11year old wanna-be mod who is report-button-happy, because it always seems they're willing to report you for any conversations, including political ones.

Kaisershami.png

Kaisershami.png

meorkunderscore-1.jpg

Hey guys!

oh i see u guys are talking

dont you like drugs?

i smoke pot like 15 times a day

its so cheap here

lol

It is hard to have mature conversations these days now though. I've just stopped talking to people in rs all together pretty much other than friends. :?

Although I know what you mean about mature conversations, I actually saw nothing wrong with that one. I mean sure, he's talking about drugs, but who cares? I would have laughed out loud. I don't really see how immature that is, probably because of the correct grammar you used. But thats just me. :-w

Although I know what you mean about mature conversations, I actually saw nothing wrong with that one. I mean sure, he's talking about drugs, but who cares? I would have laughed out loud. I don't really see how immature that is, probably because of the correct grammar you used. But thats just me. :-w

well he kept on talking about drugs and stuff (less grammer and worse spelling)

and at the end he was just kiddin im only 11 i fooled u as if all people older then 15 or 16 talk and do drugs

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

Just talk via Clan chat or Pm with Mature Friends :)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

and at the end he was just kiddin im only 11 i fooled u as if all people older then 15 or 16 talk and do drugs

I see what you mean. I guess I had to be there to get the "vibe."

And master smither, that obviously works, but how will you ever meet new people?

lol that kid is a pot head lol

I laughed at that, to. Doesn't mean the guy is immature. Anyone who finds this sentence offensive is old enough to know what it means, and shouldn't think anything of it.

I realize that doesn't really apply to this, but I think it gets a point across.

6 months? ONLY 6 months?!

I've never been able to experience a mature conversation while playing and I've been playing for a little over a year now. It's like pulling teeth trying to get someone to speak to you using real words and complete sentences.

Oh well, that's the beauty of turning Public Chat off. :)

Nul_Oblivion.png

Retired Member

97% of the time i have mature coversations...i will run into 11 year old people who are stupid and talk about drugs,girls etc... Mature conversations are hard to find...but if you do find one i suggest you talk in it...you may never again on runescape

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

And master smither, that obviously works, but how will you ever meet new people?

Maybe new people suck <.<

soulthresher.png

Maybe new people suck <.<

This really doesn't make sense. Are you really so scared that the people you talk to will be immature, that you don't even give someone who could be sensible a chance?

Thats why i love places where is no one around :) Runescape is not talking game anymore, unless your iq is low. The only time i talk in game is with my friends or clan chat. The only reason i have my chat on public is because i want to see if someone is buying anything i would like to sell.

1500+ total 89 cmb; 1600+ total and under 93 cmb.

02/04/07 reached all skills 60+ under lvl 90 cmb.

07/19/07 reached all skills 70+ at lvl 93 cmb.

Prayer is good for herbs

Mature converstions. Probably more rare than a christmas cracker. Fortunatly, thats why I have tip.it.
No. You have the Off Topic. :wink:

It's not too hard getting into a nice conversation. It's just hard getting interupted by some 9 year old.

If anyone knew someone in my naborhood

You would also say there 15-16

All people here are druggies around the age? of 11-17! no way!?

It doesn't matter on the age anyone can do it.... just people who are really unsmart(if thats a word...)

If you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Oddly enough, the most mature conversations I have are with cheaters.

My friend recently lost his account to a hacker, and the hacker attempted to trick me into getting hacked as well. I played along acting the dumb and guilible

The other decent conversation was with a player that had just scammed (My fault, didn't check 2nd screen) me out of 30k when I was buying essence. I was a bit bothered, but we got to talking, and he turned out to be a well spoken player, just a bit of a kleptomaniac.

Unfortunately for me, I report first, get friendly after, so I normally never get to speak to these people again.

Average players just tend to want to know what my "str lv" is, and if I'm lucky, "nd hp?". Thats the extent of my normal conversations. I' m always ready to strike up conversation, but for the most part, people on f2p are morons.

av.png

People just need to learn to share crabs.
I'd prefer my nether regions clear of diseases, thank you very much.
just turn off accept aids