The "Cost" Of A Mature Conversation?

salim123

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Two cents.

At first I thought that post was spam. Then, I paused and realized... That it is 100% accurate in a literal sense. To have a good mature conversation, you need to have your two cents to put into the conversation. Nice post =D>

To have a mature conversation is tough, as you need someone who converses in a way you deem mature... Which is typically hard to find. Among my peers at school this is even difficult (although, I don't mind as much there).

So, to find someone mature, either bring mature people into the game (please do), or find places in which mature people normally reside. This is all you can do other than simply ignoring those less mature than you.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

Ya i'm sick of dealing with people that just overall pester me and ask 21 questions, so i've put public chat to friends forever =( I usually get all these questions at least once per day, and not just by ONE person (as they always say, i'm only ONE person, so answer my question :roll: ):

"What cape is that?"

"What 99's do you have?"

"How many 99's do you have?"

"Do emote"

"Can I have free stuff?"

"Can you help me do ______ quest?"

Questions like this are all fine and dandy, but not when you get asked at least 20 times a day. Believe me, it gets so frustrating to the point where you feel like just having a sign on yourself with quotes such as:

"Check hiscores for my stats, don't ask me"

"Look at videos for what 99 capes and their emotes look like"

"No I can't help every single person I see"

Honestly, and low levels wonder why high levels are *mean* :roll: we're not mean, we just can't help every single person we see. And we do have to play the game ourselves, we didn't make a character to help everyone out and have no fun.

Anyway back on topic.. lol. I think when I got 99 cooking at rogues den, the smaller groups seemed to be more chatty/friendly, whereas the more people that came, just wanted to talk about stuff that is R and X rated :shock: that, and talk about levels all day #-o

2vuhgcn.png

my public chat is mostly always on friends, and i'm in forsakenmages chat alot, so i can have a conversation nicely.

I also find that P2P is a little.. *little* bettre then f2p.

i was in barbarian village with full ghostly on:

guy: how r u invisble?

guy: u like a ghost r somting?

me: my robes are called ghostly,

me: you get them from a minigame, after the quest 'desert treasure'.

guy: lol u noob lier, there from summer quest

me: no, that's just a ghost in the picture of the quest, the robes I have are from Desert Treasure

guy: omg reported!!

me: why would you do that?

guy: for brekkkking rules

me: I don't believe I broke any rules

guy: you lied to me!

I just logged out...

really.. anywere you go there's someone who will annoy you or call you 'noob' etc.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

Just add them to your ignore list, and if your ignore list is full - take someone off it, most people won't message you after about an hour of being on your ignore anyways. People need to learn that you do not have to listen to, talk to, or do anything with people who butt in on conversations, the ignore list is there for a reason, use it..

C1Geq.png

stay approximately 50' away from lumbridge at all times

join a clan chat, such as 'forsakenmage'

get friends that don't call you noob at the drop of a hat(or at least don't use it seriously)

that should help you get a maturer conversation. after all, while topics are good, random blather is better sometimes

It is not the great who are strong, but the strong who are great--Albel Nox

Maybe you should try IRC, or read many forums if "mature converastion" is what you're looking forward to.

But your example isn't "Mature conversation" if you ask me.

A_Kekek.png

Sadly, they arent 12...

They're 15 or 16. These are the pathetic kids in your classes who spend more time goofing off, laughing at you for studying and generally being [bleep]s than attempting to do something with their lives. They're the kids who think its funny to go around RS posing as chicks and messing with your head. They're the little immature f---tards who would rather ruin something for someone than let them enjoy it.

Next time anyone see a kid like this, knee him in the groin. People like them shouldnt procreate.

RuneScape junkie since 3/03.

RED CHIN TRAINING DEVALUES THE RANGED CAPE!

• 3 weeks later...
Sadly, they arent 12...

They're 15 or 16. These are the pathetic kids in your classes who spend more time goofing off, laughing at you for studying and generally being [bleep]s than attempting to do something with their lives. They're the kids who think its funny to go around RS posing as chicks and messing with your head. They're the little immature f---tards who would rather ruin something for someone than let them enjoy it.

Next time anyone see a kid like this, knee him in the groin. People like them shouldnt procreate.

Not trying to sound cocky or anything, but im that kid. Im the kid who always sits in the back of the class goofing off and laughing at others (i still manage to get 80's). I am a major [bleep], but i disagree that most of them are 16, people like me are done by rs at this age and i pretty much am i barely ever go on anymore. Its mostly the younger kids.

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

Entirely depends where you go Avoid Fishing guild, Mage trees (unless you go to the ones in Gnome Stronghold). Avoid Rouges den always cook in cooking guild if you complete Varrock diary on hard. Granite mining can be good for mature conversations but no one ever speaks there I can have a mature conversation everyday can also have immature people join too but that's just the way it goes. I don't see why people say most conversations are immature I'm sure those who think that are perhaps immature themselves.

Jersey_Jords.png

Jersey_Jords.png

When some person talks to me in a abscure way, I just ignore them. I don't add them to my list. I just continue on. Sometimes I take pictures for my amusement.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

id say i have clanchats for mature convos, but then remember i use esc XD

every so often i have a mature convo with people i dont know, normally when im slaying i meet people who are relatively intelligent and mature. most of the time i just dont even respond to people, join in conversations or whatever unless im directly adressed by someone, and that doesnt happen often

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

I rarely play at the moment, but when I did play regularly, I would pretty much never have a mature conversation with someone I didn't know outside of RuneScape. I actualy have the same problem in real life, since all of my aquantances (I would say freinds, but I wouldn't trust any of them with a ham sandwich) worship this guy with AD/HD who acts as though he's about 8.

When I do have a mature conversation at school, it feels almost as though something's wrong, and I expect the person I'm talking to to just shout "waayy!" or spit on the ground and saunter off at any moment.

If absolute power corrupts absolutely, where does that leave God?

Discuss

Is that an order? :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: .

Well, in my friends list about 50% of the people are mature, making mature conversations something quite common.

Also, I know some 11 year olds who are quite mature (surprisingly), and 1 28 year old that you could pretty much define as an immature :roll: :roll: .

I think people are OTT when they say they haven't had a mature conversation for god knows how long. I always managed to have mature everyday, normally whatever I am doing.

It's not just RuneScape, its nearly all things on the internet allows users to chat/comment etc. You'll always get a bunch for people who are immature (just look on YouTube for instance).

Best thing to do is ignore them to be honest, or put them in their place ::'