The "Cost" Of A Mature Conversation?

salim123

Hah, this is something I've reflected on myself. One time, I was having a discussion on the existence of right/wrong with a college kid at the fishing guild...

...our discussion became slogged with "dont talk about religion", "big words make head hurt", "im reporting you", etc. Pfft, closed-minded people. Don't even bother to criticize religion, you noobs!!

...the horror...

I hear ya loud and clear. I've told this story a couple oftimes already on the "noobs say the funniest things" thread, but I was talking about the enormous flaws in the proof of "truthism" with a friend, and I concluded with the statement that it was overall a load of cattle dung. Some nearby yells "stop using big words! they make my head hurt!". I asked what word. they said dung :| . During the whole thing, we were constantly bombarded by people hearing us talking about the reptilian aliens that supposedly created us ( :XD: ) and subsequently yelling things like "ZOMG ALIENZZZ TAKOVR!!!! WEZ IZ ALIENZZ!!" and things like that.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this is the oddest topic on the forums right now.

I understand why you are mad with people who act immature. Remember though this is a game not a real life setting. Most of the people you find in a game are trying to let loose when they can't do this in real life most of the time.

If you ever play x box live you will relize that gamerz are nuts. It doesn't matter what you are playing but people will say anything due to they can't get into trouble with it online when they most of the time could find themselves in a problem in real life.

If you are gaming. don't expect a high level of talking skills.

I AM 18 AND DON'T WANT TO TALK IN A CORRECT MANNER ON A GAME. I COME ONTO HERE TO HAVE FUN AND NOT DO EVERYTHING TO SOMEONE ELSES STANDARDS.

yeah, I know what you mean.

I just meet a guy who is about my age who was trying to start a clan and i had a great time talking to him. Now we are good friends and joined his old clan.

I wish we had more 'mature' players on rs to talk to. Well we got tipitchat to use (at least some of them are muture)

userbar-fow.gif

I understand why you are mad with people who act immature. Remember though this is a game not a real life setting. Most of the people you find in a game are trying to let loose when they can't do this in real life most of the time.

If you ever play x box live you will relize that gamerz are nuts. It doesn't matter what you are playing but people will say anything due to they can't get into trouble with it online when they most of the time could find themselves in a problem in real life.

I AM 18 AND DON'T WANT TO TALK IN A CORRECT MANNER ON A GAME. I COME ONTO HERE TO HAVE FUN AND NOT DO EVERYTHING TO SOMEONE ELSES STANDARDS.

thats true to an extent but theres a limit on how stupid you can be

fulldragsigcopydh25.jpg

thats true to an extent but theres a limit on how stupid you can be

yes, there is. i learned looking at one of the zybez guides that the best thing to do when someone starts flaming you is to either ignore or say thank you to any insult. if it's just stupidity, that's what the ignore button is for.

?r=191108

image.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.pngimage.png

Currently will be using my Oni Tsurugi account to attempt to get 99 on all free skills without spending any gp, just for the sake of doing so.

Just ignore, or quit.

The immature people aren't going to all read this post, and say 'Hey, lets grow up a bit.'

To put simply, ranting about it isn't going to solve it. Either quit, or invent some sort of anti-immaturity device, in which a grenade will be activated when the word 'noob' etc comes up.

Then again, Mayweather has more chance of beating Hatton than i do of creating this device (ooooo, controversy), so your left with either turning chat off, or giving up this complete waste of time.

~ Original six ~ 6 99 skills ~ 2b+ bank ~

Retired upon the destruction of the duel arena

i guess im kinda lucky then, i usally dont get called noob often(or anything else)...

im 14 atm and started RS when i was 12, everyone was nice then...

But now people get up you cause you wont trade then or give you cash or something like that..

basicly i have RS friends from all over the world (USA, Africa, Australia) so i aim 2 chat with them and play with them as much as possible cause there the best people i can chat too really(most are my age or 16 but most newbs and 10/11 year olds hang out in varok/lummy in both mem and free worlds)

Runescape is Full of Players 12- wich is why there is so immaturity. However, Many of the 12- Kids are mature. I think Children need to learn to be mature over the internet, but when will that ever happen?

I just try to ignore those who are foolish, And immature.

Lil Ol' Ducky \'

~ HYT Chat Rules (Click Here): Read before entering the chat. ~

dztf80.jpg

| Former Clan Chronicle Editor | Former Clan Improvement Member| Former TET Member |

• 2 weeks later...

My favorite location for a mature conversation is the the Piscatoris Fishing Colony. I figure that if it requires so many quest points, skill levels, and killing the sea troll queen then only serious players will be there. I hate fishing in Catherby or the Fishing Guild for the sole reason that a mature conversation can't be found.

Aulderic.png

I've killed over 20,000 dust devils while training to 99 attack and have still not gotten a dragon chain.

I'll have the occasional mature conversation, and I always enjoy having a political discussion with someone who displays maturity of mind, but I'm always afraid of the passing 11year old wanna-be mod who is report-button-happy, because it always seems they're willing to report you for any conversations, including political ones.

use clan chat with the people you are talking politics with, no noobs or wannabe mods

and all you need is a slash instead of pming

Hephaestos8.gif