Why the ZMI Ourania Altar Will Change How You Runecraft

qeltar

This is a very good guide and I give kudos to you for gathering all this information.

However, I find some of the values to be off.

It takes me 1 1/2 minutes, using the same methods as you, to do an entire load, including Teleporting, filling pouches, teleporting, running to the altar, taking out essence, crafting, and teleporting back.

I make approximately 32,000 - 35,000 Experience per hour, and I have level 82 Runecrafting.

Other than that, I can say most of this if very accurate.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe you deserve a genius cookie :-k . Or three.

More data over time would be great, but this is definitely one of the best, most convincing [data] guides that I've ever seen. Great visuals as well :P .

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Thanks again for the nice comments.

Okay, some valid arguments for using the Lunar Island bank. I still prefer my dueling rings though. :)

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

I make the observation that its xp is less than 3/4ths of of nat runnering and it's cash is far less than 1/4th of abyss crafting. It would be a better use of time to do one of the specialty activities probably?

Not necessarily, ZMI provides a cheaper way to rc at a comparatively less cost than using a runecrafting company, good for people who want the xp but dont feel that its worth plunging that tens of millions into it.

=Proud member of the Order of Cabbage=

Very nicely written. I love facts. ::' I've already decided that I was going to use this method should I advance further for runecrafting seeing as how I get close to the same experience as FFL, yet I'll be making some money as well. \'

Slack_Tide.png

Wow very nice read...

still.. i won't be runecrafting for very long :D

Hey Nicrune007 , Whats Your Username?

twss.jpg

99 Ranged on 2/6/07 99 Hit Points on 9/5/08 99 Defense on 26/4/08 99 Attack on 14/2/09 99 Strength on 25/2/09 99 Slayer on 13/9/09\:D/

That's a lot of work you have put down into that post. I'm sure that many people here on Tip.it will have a lot of use for it. Myself I won't have it for a while, but maybe later on. Thank you very much :)

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

The bottom line is simple: the higher you raise your Runecrafting level, the better the runes you get.

Just say that in future

He did, and then he showed us by how much.

No one made you read that article now did they?

Good job qeltar, very good article, it will help quite a few TIFers.

I shall take my flock underneath my own wing, and kick them right the [bleep] out of the tree. If they were meant to fly, they won't break their necks on the concrete.
So, what is 1.111... equal to?

10/9.

Please don't continue.

wm1c2w.jpg

Very nice guide. :wall: Well written, informative and all the details laid out clearly.

Your results matched the exp I and some others were getting (we were looking at experience gained by different levels)

Unfortunately it looks like Jagex may have decided this was too much of a good thing experience wise. Recent results have been giving lower exp per trip due to greater quantities of elemental runes.

It is still a great method for getting experience, just not as good as it was for the first few days. :cry:

vlad_the_old.jpeg

Thanks to 4be2jue for the sigs.

Vlad_The_Old.png

There are 10 types of people in the world - those that understand binary and those that don't!

Vlad_the_old.png

I performed my own analysis before seeing yours, but figured I would post my results to help with your numbers.

I did a 1 hour trial using glory amulets, and making 30 trips (averaged 1 trip per 2 minutes). I had to use the abyss twice for repairing the pouches.

I am level 85 Runecrafting.

Here are my results for 1 hour:

Runecrafting XP: 27,851

Runes Consumed for Teleporting 30 Laws, 60 Astrals

Essence used at ZMI: 1,541

Distribution of rune production:

Air: 31

Mind: 32

Water: 48

Earth: 54

Fire: 66

Body: 94

Cosmic: 105

Chaos: 118

Astral: 160 (net 100)

Nature: 206

Law: 244 (net 214)

Death: 223

Blood: 99

Soul: 61

Assuming certain prices on runes/ess, this is an estimated profit of

160,000gp/hr

(note that I did not use anything to speed up the process for more xp/profit such as super energy potions)

tipitcrewex8.jpg

Proud to have gotten 1800 skill total before access to fishing guild

Why make a house when you can rob one?

Thanks, oddfaery2. That seems to fall pretty close in with my numbers and the confirmation is useful.

~q

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png