Why the ZMI Ourania Altar Will Change How You Runecraft

qeltar

Awesome job qeltar. This guide must have taken a lot of time and effort and the results seem quite accurate from what I have seen so far.

Excellent job mate.

Hunter

rawr7zv.gif

Thanks to Goldwolflord, megadedhed, willmcdermot, Biabf, jak722, born2die, Mediumwell, xxxShade, Random, speedofsound, edtheripper, and Alduron for the awesome sig

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome review! Kudos to that!

I've been reading your godsword review too, very very neat.

Just something I want to ask you, can you make a review of Attack and the real value of attack bonusses and attack boosting potions if I were to give the info?

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Thanks for all the replies. A few responses to some specific comments...

First, regarding my time and profit figures. I deliberately use conservative numbers that take into account things like wasted time, the need to occasionally go to the Abyss to repair pouches and so forth. Most people can get better XP or $ figures for short periods of time, but there will be interruptions, randoms, mistakes and so forth, and that's in part why my numbers are lower.

pokstair: My rune valuation -- air:15, mind:15, water:20, earth:15, fire:10, body:10, cosmic:150, chaos:125, astral:150, nature:280, law:300, death:280, blood:450 and soul:400.

flowerboy: No.

QueenValerie: Thanks, hope to do more in future. :)

SwordKill11: You found a mistake that I'll correct (about W36 being slower.) And you're right about the triple fires, I'll correct that as well, thanks!

Dharokslayer: Not sure what you are asking me there...

Qeltar, aka Charles Kozierok

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

Amazing analysis friend. What I would really like to see is some sort of company like the FFL arise from this. If you had runners for people willing to pay a little extra we could see xp rates of 50k or more xp an hour which would just be amazing.

Alright, Ill formulate it a little bit better.

I, and probably loads of other people have pondered about the attack skill. We know that after certain levels you can wield weaponery, but that is all we know.

What I would like to try and discover is how much does attack really mean in a fight? Are the super attack potions really all that usefull, how much do prayers do and are those attack bonus points worth it? Is it true that if you put on accuracy style you really hit more often then if you use strength style?

How I want to do this? I will pick a random monster, like a bloodveld or something. And just hit it 500 times with a dragon scimitar in each catagory ( Accuracy style, Strength style, with prayer, with attack potted to 100 and up, and with rune defender). Non of them mixed (except for maybe accuracy style with all the other catagory's, because you have to pick a style). And not counting the final blow unless its my maximum hit because else the results wouldn't be correct.

I write down the ammount of times I hit 0 and all the other hits, get the percentages. Just give all the information to you and you make a review.

Ofcourse I could do it all myself, but since you make awesome reviews, I've figured to give you the information, enough to finally put an end to the mystery resolving around Accuracy.

If you don't feel like it. I'm fine with that.

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

You are quite a slow runecrafter i'd say.... I got a steady amount of 34k exp per h at ourania and 21k exp per h at abyss nature runes(83 rc).

Also you forgot to include lave crafting, as it is about 33k exp per h.

Nice guide anyway.

First to 99 Farming on 27. September, 2005.

First to 3766 Port Score on 20. March, 2014.

First to 4664 Port Score on 2. March, 2015.

Love the article, was going to say guide but it's more of a article huh :)

Loved the graphics too,

10/10 (just wanted to rate it :wink: )

Why do we bake cookies, but cook bacon

99/99/80+ looking for monster hunting group

RS07: mb nb

good work but the graphic isn't really clear,

why don't you use a simple 2d graphic with 3 different coloured lines?

but that are details great work =P~

coenvg.png

Master of Firemaking since 10-11-2007 Yes, I QUIT! =]

Master of Woodcutting since Christmas 2007

Completed all quests - Completed all achievement diaries.

Wonderful, complete, and interesting analysis - Very well done! :)

However, although I don't like to nitpick at such a great guide, I do spot a couple errors:

Double Nature Crafting Using Runners (World 36/39): Level 91 Runecrafters who want faster XP can volunteer to do free double nature rune crafting for runners who want to get nature runes quickly. This is actually less XP than World 66, but in exchange for giving double natures, the crafter doesnÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t have to provide free pure essence so there is no cost. I canÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢t do this myself, but I would assume that itÃÆââââ¬Å¡Ã¬Ã¢ââ¬Å¾Ã¢s quite a bit faster than World 66 because all trades are conducted at the actual altar, whereas in World 66 most are done outside the ruins.
Having crafted over 8M xp at the world 36 nature altar, I can guarantee you that World 36 is much faster xp than World 66. While World 66 has an arguably 30-35k xp per hour tops - My personal best in World 36 is 55k xp/hour. ;) (Though I'd say the average is around 45-50k xp/hour - factoring in the uneven supply of runners)

If you read that quote again, you'll see that it says in the quote that world 36 is faster XP than fast free laws. The bolded part is simply referring to the fact that XP per ess and per trade is less with nats than with laws. Which is true.

Very nice guide. My personal "optimal" method for use is to bring a stack of "expendable" runes (Fire, or perhaps Body), teleport to Ourania, run the short path to the altar, craft runes, tele to Ourania, bank with the 20-rune banker, and repeat.

Every few trips I dig out a super energy potion. Should I take more than my share of hits I'll grab a couple of ears of corn on my first bank, eat while I fill my pouches, and bank again to fill my inventory with pure ess.

I do not carry any astral or law runes with me, as in 98% of my runs, I receive at least 2 astral runes and 1 law rune for the Ourania teleport. For the odd 2%, I run back along the short path to bank again.

I also wear no armor for lightness and flexibility. Other World 70 crafters have recommended Ghostly Robes for the zero-weight magic defense.

A cost of 40 fire runes per run may seem extravagant, but frankly with over 125K fire runes from slayer assignments, I have more than I'll use otherwise. Body runes are likewise expendable; there are not enough general uses to keep more than 1000 or so on hand at once.

I'm at 69 RC, just shy of my short-term goal of all skills >= 70. When I hit 75 RC, I expect my strategy will change somewhat, as it will take three bankings to fill 4 pouches and inventory.

D

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

daigotsu, instead of wasting runes on the bank (and a slot to carry them) why not use dueling rings? Cheaper and easier.

~q

Webmaster, RuneScoop - Premium RuneScape Information for Expert Players -- Now Free!

Featuring the Ultimate Guide to Dungeoneering -- everything you need to know to get the most of the new skill!

signew2.png

daigotsu, instead of wasting runes on the bank (and a slot to carry them) why not use dueling rings? Cheaper and easier.

Leaving aside the one slot for carrying, I respectfully disagree. The costs and times are very similar.

8 bank trips per dueling ring = cost of between 3k and 5k per ring

8 bank trips @ 40 fires/trip (using your own essay's value of 10/fire, which I consider a bit of an overvalue considering the massive overstock of fire runes in RS) = 3.2k in the same amount of time

Using "Operate" on a ring and clicking the Castle Wars link, running to the bank chest, and remembering to withdraw a ring to wear every 8 trips seems a bit slower than clicking through two rune screens twice (the time cost overhead of the ZMI bank).

In other words, the difference is very likely minimal; it comes down to perceptions of shaved time and just how much you value one resource (fire runes) over another (dueling rings).

D

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

Dueling rings can be easily bought for under 2k each. I have more than I'll ever use just from enchanting the ones I get from the giant mole and Miscellania anyway.

Giving up that one slot seems unnecessary to me, but obviously everyone has different priorities and values. :)

signew2.png

Firstly thank you for the rune pricings Qeltar, in fact they werent that far off from my estimates.

I too would consider clicking time and the slightly longer time per trip to discount the usefulness of 1 slot saved with cheaper methods such as glory or dueling rings; I myself use Ourania banking at this point. (<75 rc)

Past level 75, though, when you need to bank at least three times to fill pouches, the opportunity cost of Ourania banking will increase rather significantly, making it unfeasible, in my opinion.

There's always Lunar Isle teleport which nets you nice Magic XP in the long run, but that costs another 600gp in costs each run, for the effort you would take to use a dueling ring/glory and change the thing every so often.

=Proud member of the Order of Cabbage=

Very nice

Probably took a good amount of time.

I'd rather Nature craft for mage/gp once i get 44 :)

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Hi qeltar, as you know this is a wonderful piece of work. :D

I do want to argument for the cause of using Moonclan group tele instead of using duel rings tho.

You say that the price of using duel rings are less than using the tele spell. However you seem to forget that the tele spell yield 67 xp aswell. While the duell rings earn nothing.

When we are talking 1000 runs that is an extra cool 67 000 magic xp, without using a second more than you would do if you used duel rings. That is time saved! Time = Money (Opportunity cost).

(If you have accept aid on you also get free rides to moonclan island by people casting moonclan group tele quite a lot (world 70))

Also, if you have done the dream mentor quest you can use the bank in lunar isle (using the most eastern bank man) without a zeal of passage.

---------

Sum up:, I would highly suggest that people use the moonclan teleport rather than duel rings. Less clicking, extra magic xp at the same time, no need to use time merching for rings, very slightly a little bit faster)

fredzsodbtt6.jpg

21 lag piles, 4 Pjs, 2 Party hat kills, 67 newbs teached.

Beautiful, beautiful work. \'

I'll be writing my guides more like yours in the future :)

I don't RC.. but when I do I'll be using ZMI now.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top