Spiders!

dwarfdude3

wow, I am really freaked out right now. I just found a big spider in my house, maybe about 1-1.5 inches long! And it was a weird shade of orange, kinda brown. I dunno what kind it is though, I wish I had examined it more..

So, I spotted it, and jumped up to grab something to contain it in and found a plastic jar thing that i used to capture it. Then I went to throw it out the window, but it didn't make it out, and fell on the ground, running away. and it was going fast, if it hit any nook or cranny it would be gone. So I crushed it with the side of my jar instead. It made a crunching noise! ah, the thrill of the kill.

but now I'm sitting here all spider paranoid lol.

Is it really true that you eat 8 spiders a night while sleeping? I've heard this but always assumed its based off a technicality or something....

EDIT: just to clarify I made this thread for discussion about spiders or any stories you have about spiders or whatever. The point of the thread is not just to answer my questions answered and be finished, I'm interested in what people have to say...

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Site 1

Google is your friend.

If you don't feel like looking around beyond that site, it doesn't mention the fact that our breathe would scare spiders the hell away, so unless you're dead (and possibly even if you are...) the mouth is the last place a spider would go to while you're sleeping, on the rare occurances that you actually encounter a spider during that time.

EDIT: Site one shows that there is absolutely no data, and this site lists a few reasons why the myth is untrue:

Site 2

And another site that goes more in depth with intelligient posts.

Site 3

Again, Google is your friend. This took me five seconds of searching on Google and skimming and copying down the first few sites. A thread about answering this question isn't too necessary.

[if you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or

by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.]

Fullmetal Alchemist, you will be missed. A great ending to a great series.

Site 1

Google is your friend.

If you don't feel like looking around beyond that site, it doesn't mention the fact that our breathe would scare spiders the hell away, so unless you're dead (and possibly even if you are...) the mouth is the last place a spider would go to while you're sleeping, on the rare occurances that you actually encounter a spider during that time.

EDIT: Site one shows that there is absolutely no data, and this site lists a few reasons why the myth is untrue:

Site 2

And another site that goes more in depth with intelligient posts.

Site 3

Again, Google is your friend. This took me five seconds of searching on Google and skimming and copying down the first few sites. A thread about answering this question isn't too necessary.

*ignores rudeness*

yeah I figured it wasn't true, but I thought maybe it could have been something like really tiny spiders that are barley even classified as spiders or something.

any ideas on identification? Cause I've been hunting around and can't find any orange spider... I guess it was more orange-brown...

*ignores rudeness*

I wasn't being rude, I was just saying that questions like these can be answered pretty quickly with a short search :-s .

Look how I phrased my post. I had no intention of being rude, nor do I believe my post was rude in any way. This forum's just too used to acrid remarks and sarcasm >_>.

Oh, and you're welcome for the information.

*ignores rudeness*

I wasn't being rude, I was just saying that questions like these can be answered pretty quickly with a short search :-s .

Look how I phrased my post. I had no intention of being rude, nor do I believe my post was rude in any way. This forum's just too used to acrid remarks and sarcasm >_>.

what is your problem man? I just thought I'd share my story and ask if anyone knew anything about spiders, geeze. Why all the hate?

*ignores rudeness*

what is your problem man? I just thought I'd share my story and ask if anyone knew anything about spiders, geeze. Why all the hate?

What hate? I don't think he was being rude. And I think I've heard that myth before. By the way I, being an Australian, wouldn't call a 1 - 1.5 inch spider big. I don't even like to think about it but we've got some double or bigger over here.

Please, outline for me where you think I'm being rude or discourteous. I can see where there may be some misconceptions of my intent, but it'd be good to see where you're getting those vibes from your perspective.

LOL you had the back bone to container it and throw it outside?

I would have sent it to hell 10 times in a row and broken a heel :XD:

I don't see the problem with a spider thread, it seems more productive than half the crap threads currently running?

Could have made it more productive though and asked people to share their spider stories.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I find some new bug in my room every couple days because there's a leak or something somewhere in our house. It's pretty freaky turning on the light in the bathroom and seeing some huge spider in your sink.

For a few weeks I had a spider living behind my desk, I figured since it already had set up a web there I'd just leave it and hope it would take care of other insects.

By far the worst thing I've had to kill was some cockroach I saw on my floor. I grab the first thing handy to kill it with, the side of an aluminum PC case, put it on top of the cockroach, stomped on it and jumped on it, lifted it up and the cockroach wasn't even phased. I eventually had to pinpoint where it was and apply all the pressure right there, it still didn't completely kill it.

"The only way to avoid packaging the water would be to deliver it to people's homes and places of business through some sort of amazingly intricate and complex series of reservoirs, pumping stations, pipes . . . hey, wait a second.."

By the way I, being an Australian, wouldn't call a 1 - 1.5 inch spider big. I don't even like to think about it but we've got some double or bigger over here.
Yeh. They would be babies over here. Then again, we do breed everything big over here. :wink:

newsigzl2.jpg

^Sir Jem 05-The Bunny Drinking Blog?^ Click it!

tetsupportsig2.jpg

ÃÆââ¬Å¡Ãâÿpor quÃÆÃâÃâé estÃÆÃâÃâá cada uno asustado de araÃÆÃâÃâñas? Las moscas son insectos estÃÆÃâÃâén tambiÃÆÃâÃâén asustadas de ellas.

why he is each one scared of spiders? The flies are insects also are scared of them.

rmadrid.jpg

Inglesespana

Gracias baThanks babelfish translation belfish traducciÃÆÃâÃâón

I had a massive spider in my room the other night, i could actually hear it scuttling along the side panel... :ohnoes:

And 8 spiders per night :shock: There'd be none left if everyone swallowed that many...Yeah, think its 7 or 8 per lifetime.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

I sleep in a basement room, and sometimes I keep the fire window thingy open all day, and lots of bugs come in then. I have no problem with spiders, but an 5cm millipede or whatever you call them just freaks me out :uhh:

I think most people are afraid of spiders because of their size and randomness as the move about. Also maybe movies too.

Tbfgraphx14

Happy to find I'm not the only one who eats glass.

The other week I had one crawl under my bed just before bedtime it wasn't even big either :ohnoes:

I slept on the couch until I was convinced it wasn't there anymore.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I #@*$&^ HATE YOU!!!!! :XD: I was just about to go to bed!!!!!!!!!! :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :uhh:

igoddessIsig.png

Only an inch or maybe an inch and a half big? Even in Ohio we have bigger ones. The wolf spiders here can get much bigger, all I have to do is go into the woods and flip over a log to find one. They're all over the place. I find them in my house every once and a while. They crawl through the drainage pump in my basement. Not very pleasent to be playing Wii and almost step on a massive spider. I feel your pain.

I wouldn't have tried to get it in a jar though. I would have gotten any large object to smash it to oblivion.

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

bloody scary looking spider

Jesus Christ on a stick, that's disgusting! I've been really looking forward to going to Australia, but that kinda thing could put me off. :(

I must think of all the nice things that will be there *Looks at Rick*

suzironniesigwx2.jpg

The Poison Fairy

bloody scary looking spider

Jesus Christ on a stick, that's disgusting! I've been really looking forward to going to Australia, but that kinda thing could put me off. :(

I must think of all the nice things that will be there *Looks at Rick*

Ah, don't worry. Spiders aren't what you need to watch out for. It's these pesky buggers you need to be careful of.

untitled-1.png