My theory on the God Wars Dungeon: How did it freeze over?

RabidChipmunk

I brought up this idea on the Lightning chat last night while watching people fight K'rilly, and thought I'd post it here to see what y'all think.

All the fighters in the GWD were frozen. We know that. But if you walk around, you see some people frozen still in their combat-ready stances. What strange weather phenominon could possibly freeze someone so fast they can't even stop fighting?

Well, what if weather didn't freeze them? What if, perhaps, someone froze them using Ancient Magicks? What if someone mage, possibly Mahjarrat, was so powerful, he could freeze the entire dungeon and all it's inhabitants so fast they can't even drop their weapons in time? And what if (this is going out on a limb here) this spell actually froze all of Trollheim, turning it into what it is today?

I know what you might be thinking: "Why would someone do this?" Well, that's where my idea stops. Personally, I think it might have been because whoever did it didn't want anyone to have the Godsword, or maybe he wanted it for himself and couldn't find it. But really, I don't know.

Sorry for there being no pictures. My Prntscrn button doesn't take them for some odd reason.

What do you think? When I brought it up on Lightning's chat, only two people responded, and they both seemed to agree. But what do you think?

It is[/is] really cold up there apparantly, and everything past trollheim and in that area is snowing. The snow that's in DT affects you here as well.

psh and al gore is complaining.... <3:

as dalcyte says, its not hot everywhere, sure i think its a great theory and could come to be a realy good quest out of it. but no it is at high altitude and his snowy/cold :)

Let your yellow mellow.

That is exactly what happened, except multiple mages were involved. The information is given in the original post announcing the release of the GWD, along with some other parts of its history. For those of you out there to lazy to look the post up yourselves, here is the relevant phrase.

The followers of Armadyl, Bandos and Saradomin struggled against an army of Zamorakians and, during this battle, the sword became shattered. Both sides cast powerful spells, attempting to destroy their enemies and freeze them into solid statues of ice.

I think this pretty much settles the issue :) .

On this topic;

It's pretty obvious that Saradomin and Zamorak were mortal enemies and had their own huge war (what is currently defined in RuneScape history as THE godwars)...

Bandos and Armadyl, while powerfull themselves, had actually few followers, but they have a distinctive feature about them:

Bandos is quite obviously the god that represents the Melee fighting style, just by looking at his armor stats...

Armadyl is all for Ranging, and the negative melee statistics prove that too...

I was surprised to see that Zaros was completely left out of the GWD. And seeing that he is the one that lives and breaths magic (being the one you get your Ancient Magiks from) It couldve been Him that froze it...

But this theory gets shot down when you know that Zamorak was not a god untill he took the God-hood from Zaros...

So you have Saradomin for the forces of good

Guthix for balance

Zamorak for evil

Bandos for melee

Armadyl for range

And Zaros for magic

From the GWD, 2 of the above are missing; Zaros and Guthix. And while in no recorded history did these 2 ever interact, I wouldnt be surprised if in the end, a huge fight leads up to this.

Those who have completed Path of the Glouphrie, and didnt skip through Hazelmere's Prediction may have a small idea what is waiting for us...

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!

If it was a very strong mage they could make the effect indefinite.

The mage would have had to create a massive super-insulative magical barrier around the whole of Trollheim that could somehow last for thousands of years, and if that were the case, it would be impossible for anyone to enter the area.

This in itself is impossible, for energy cannot behave in the manner described, nor can it insulate heat.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

The followers of Armadyl, Bandos and Saradomin struggled against an army of Zamorakians and, during this battle, the sword became shattered. Both sides cast powerful spells, attempting to destroy their enemies and freeze them into solid statues of ice.

Quoted from the God Wars Dungeon article on August 28, 2007. The Dungeon was frozen by the Saradomin and Zamorak forces. So much for that theory.

Edit: Just noticed that 13_16_19 already quoted this above, but here it is again.

Expecting a good life because you're a good person is like expecting a bull not to charge because you're a vegetarian.

Quoted from the God Wars Dungeon article on August 28, 2007. The Dungeon was frozen by the Saradomin and Zamorak forces. So much for that theory.

Edit: Just noticed that 13_16_19 already quoted this above, but here it is again.

:oops:

At least I had the right idea...

On this topic;

It's pretty obvious that Saradomin and Zamorak were mortal enemies and had their own huge war (what is currently defined in RuneScape history as THE godwars)...

Bandos and Armadyl, while powerfull themselves, had actually few followers, but they have a distinctive feature about them:

Bandos is quite obviously the god that represents the Melee fighting style, just by looking at his armor stats...

Armadyl is all for Ranging, and the negative melee statistics prove that too...

I was surprised to see that Zaros was completely left out of the GWD. And seeing that he is the one that lives and breaths magic (being the one you get your Ancient Magiks from) It couldve been Him that froze it...

But this theory gets shot down when you know that Zamorak was not a god untill he took the God-hood from Zaros...

So you have Saradomin for the forces of good

Guthix for balance

Zamorak for evil

Bandos for melee

Armadyl for range

And Zaros for magic

From the GWD, 2 of the above are missing; Zaros and Guthix. And while in no recorded history did these 2 ever interact, I wouldnt be surprised if in the end, a huge fight leads up to this.

Those who have completed Path of the Glouphrie, and didnt skip through Hazelmere's Prediction may have a small idea what is waiting for us...

That's all fine and dandy, except for one tiny little problem...

Why would a Deity represent a combat style???

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

The mage would have had to create a massive super-insulative magical barrier around the whole of Trollheim that could somehow last for thousands of years, and if that were the case, it would be impossible for anyone to enter the area.

This in itself is impossible, for energy cannot behave in the manner described, nor can it insulate heat.

You're forgetting one thing...

This is MAGIC we are talking about.

And I agree that it is illogical for a god to represent a combat type. At any rate...

Bandos - God of war

Armadyl - God of the sky/law and order

Zaros - Darkness/magic(???)

I'm not too sure what Zaros could be the god of, since as far as I can tell they have never really told us, so it is mostly left up to interpritation. However they have told us enough to make educated guesses as to this.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

Nor can it be called forth from a stone at will and formed in the four basic elements and then launched at another person.

IOW: Don't rule of possiblities because of physical limitations, this is RS.

Cowmasta13.png

You're forgetting one thing...

This is MAGIC we are talking about.

And I agree that it is illogical for a god to represent a combat type. At any rate...

Bandos - God of war

Armadyl - God of the sky/law and order

Zaros - Darkness/magic(???)

I'm not too sure what Zaros could be the god of, since as far as I can tell they have never really told us, so it is mostly left up to interpritation. However they have told us enough to make educated guesses as to this.

Saradomin is the god of order. I believe Armadyl is the god of the skies and justice.

Maybe the long lost Ice-god sneezed and froze them all. :roll:

You are all making too much of a big deal about this.

Nonsence! :)

I've always enjoyed reading over these historical topics, no matter how "nerdy" some people must view them as. Although I usually don't indulge in the conversation myself, I love the theories(sometimes wild) that players propose. I suppose you could call me a runescape nerd. :-k

dangsig.png

By popular demand, this signature is back- however I currently do not have a blog up at the moment and if I did I wouldn't update it. Sorry, the sig links to nowhere :( .

Saradomin is the god of order, Zamorak being the opposite is the god of chaos.

Zaros is the god of pure evil.

I could be wrong there, but I've always thought it was like this from reading letters and stuff :-s

Retired

Ex-E174

Ex-Venqeance

[Ex-Tha Familia3]

Saradomin is the god of order. I believe Armadyl is the god of the skies and justice.

I thought that Saradomin was the god of order as well. However according to the knowlage base...

Kree'arra

Kree'arra was one of Armadyl's most trusted generals and must have been an enormous advantage in battle. His massive size and ability to ignore many of Zamorak's soldiers are the great strength of Armadyl's forces, and Kree'arra embodies them perfectly. With this mighty weapon, the Order and Law that Armadyl represents can be imposed upon those who defy him.

I'm pretty sure that Saradomin was the god of wisdom. I could be wrong though.

Artemis_42.png

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"

- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

These i am sure of, learned them from quests and the rs main page letters/stories/history pages:

Armadyl: God of good and justice

Guthix: God of balance

Sara: God of order (as in everything has to be as he says)

Zammy: God of chaos (not evil, but chaos)

These im not 100% sure, i think i read it somewhere:

Zaros: God of pure evil

Icthlarin: God of creation and land

These i have no idea:

Bandos: God of goblins (not even a god, just some randomly introduced thing never before mentioned anywhere in RS)

And anyway, gods dont have to do what their title says. Sara is just as evil as any other god, he commands his followers to kill others.

headshot007.jpeg

~Guide to Solo'ing the KBD~

99 Cooking | 99 Firemaking | 99 Attack | 99 defense | 99 Hitpoints